It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why am i so rubbish at creating threads??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
Don't feel lonely. My threads must be very boring as they get no where.

People like sensational threads. Mine are dull. If I was a quitter I would stop trying to do threads. But I'll keep trying.

It can be disheartening to get very few or no replies.

May as well keep trying. It's got to get better.

I'm sure your threads are'nt dull at all--I'll keep an eye open for them.
Never quit, just keep going and I'm sure everything will work out just fine.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
ain't just you,

hell if I start a thread it's shredded almost immediately. If I get replies at all. So don't feel bad, don't let it discourage you and keep trying.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

It seems like a recurring theme amongst us mere mortals.

Perhaps we should know our place and accept we are just poster grunts; our purpose is to feed the fire of the mighty elitist thread contributors.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

POS since you're willing to share your thread authoring "issues" in public I will try to help you ...

You are now officially on my MILF list or, Members I'd Like to Flag.

PS. Keep authoring and the responses will come eventually, no need stressing about what we can't control. If there's one thing I've learned above all other on this site is that it is NEVER personal. We do our best creating threads and very much like fishing sometimes they "bite" sometimes they don't. For every "successful" thread I have created there are ten that fall flat on their face. And that's fine, the information is there and available for people to read and respond to should they ever want and choose to, I don't get bothered by it. And comparative legitimacy never ends well. So if you see a thread that you think doesn't deserve the attention it is getting, it is much healthier to just say "good for the OP" and move on unaffected.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Holy cow you just made me laugh my butt off!!!
The MILF list!!!
Hilarious!!!

I have had a few threads as well op that never got off the ground.
Don't worry about what threads take off and what threads fall flat...its a numbers game.Just keep making them and don't worry about them.
For every 10 threads you make one will take off is how I see it.

Edit to add....I just read the rest of your post sd and we have the same numbers theory.

[edit on 11-6-2009 by DrumsRfun]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

The mighty SD, I bow to your presence Sir, thank you

Did you notice my posts in your IEM/chip implant thread. I made such a mental effort to raise the bar with my posts, but didn't get any stars; twas a kick in the nuts, to be honest.

Yet others reply with lesser thought out responses and get blasted with enough stars to build their own Milky Way.

I actually enjoyed the very fact i wasn't getting responses, and so created this thread and have been having fun with [UK Today] member to kill off as many threads as possible. That is my calling in life, to write such diatribe, that it will not invoke any response and thus i can notch a kill on my bedpost.

I was going to create a thread about my belief that gravity is just a made up, BS misnomer; a fallacy of physics that just fits the equations but doesn't add substance as to what it actually is...i then thought what's the point, it would be unpopular and so the debate would be mute.

It's just better to feed the machine with threads about Obama, Bush, aliens and pandemics...the very essence of ATS i guess, so i don't know what my point is really.

I'm just moaning and realised BTS is my home
))

Thank you again SD for peeping through the door. May i ask, what are the four languages you speak? Also, are you American as i find it strange that you are multi-lingual as Americans don't know of any countries outside of their land, hence the World Series baseball, etc.

p.s. how's that for a reactionary post, that will get the blood boiling for some

p.p.s. i was considering setting up another member name called [Schrodinger's cat], but you'd win hands down being the dog.

[edit on 11-6-2009 by PrisonerOfSociety]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
ain't just you,

hell if I start a thread it's shredded almost immediately. If I get replies at all. So don't feel bad, don't let it discourage you and keep trying.

Oh baby I'll reply to you if I see a thread

Keep on persevering there.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Me too
Make it so...

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

wow your thread is rocking

How wonderful for you !!
Does'nt it feel good ???

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by uk today

If the thread is rocking, don't come knocking....oh wait, you're the one doing the rocking

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

No I'm only mocking

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

IT'S THAT DANGED AVATAR SCARING ME ALL THE TIME, THAT'S what!!!

Whew! Glad I got that out of my system; nothing to do with you

Well, a curiosity: I just went to your profile, and your last two threads summarys have morphed together.

Listen, I won't have anybody usurping my title of DED THRED KING. Even SDog doesn't go there, that's how bad they are
(although I do suspect he's given me a sympathy flag)

I'm with you Prisoner, I'm more a bounce around poster than a threader. I have my interesting websites filed under "threadfodder" and check them early in the morning for something interesting......... a lot of times what I pass by, others pick up and make it really interesting, so I have to conclude

*sob*

that it's me. [gee, ya think??]

that's my little voice. Don't pay him any attention.

[edit on 11/6/09 by argentus]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
POS,I have been around a long time and my threads almost immediately get shunted to BTS. Then along comes a thread that is exactly the same; it is allowed to stay in BAN, goes on to get umpteen flags, stars and raves from the mods.

It would be naive to think that there isn't a pecking order and preferential treatment for a select group of members. It's only natural in a dynamic place with social interchange.

I think you know how to get in a position of prominence.

The longer I'm here; the more I realize that content is secondary to placement or longevity.

You are now a MILF in my book. Put me in yours!! Thanks for the cue Sdog!!

[edit on 11-6-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Yeah.... I'm not a thread starter either man.
I wouldn't worry.

It's as important to reply and be part of a thread.

Have to agree a little with whaaa also..

It's a little cliquey at times and a "if your face fits" kinda thing too.

Keep plugging away though mate

[edit on 11/6/09 by blupblup]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Oh I don't know blup I think some of your threads are rather good.
Don't put yourself down so much

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by uk today
Oh I don't know blup I think some of your threads are rather good.
Don't put yourself down so much

Oh i wasn't doing that....just saying that replies are as important as threads.

I'm more a "replier" than a "starter"

It's all good....we all contribute

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

You're right on that blup that replies are indeed as important .
Without replies it would be pointless doing the threads

Which is why it's so nice to see this thread having so many replies.
I'm sure POS is delighted

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by uk today

Which is why it's so nice to see this thread having so many replies. I'm sure POS is delighted

I am surprised i have so many replies from the post that first kicked off this thread. I was being facetious when i wrote it as i was a bit peeved that my other threads were been blanked. BTS ftw i guess

UKT, i hereby call a truce
You have not won, i have not won, let's just bombast the boards together, in true ATS spirit...deal?

@argentus
Thanks for pointing out the merged threads, most strange; i thought it was my browser, but if you also see it, then it's an ATS issue.

I guess i have sprayed so many bullets with my TK'ing antics, one has gone wayward and disseminated a java-script somewhere, deep in the bowels of SO's server.

I will pm the mods, see what the issue is.

Regards
PoS

[edit on 11-6-2009 by PrisonerOfSociety]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   

We indeed have a deal POS---been real fun

top topics

<< 1   >>

join