It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama claims Constitution written 2,000 years ago

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

I think his the TelePrompter was at fault here, actually the only document that could be this old 2000 years is the new Testament of the bible.

Perhaps that is what he was referring too either that or the Quran.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by RRconservative

I think his the TelePrompter was at fault here, actually the only document that could be this old 2000 years is the new Testament of the bible.

Perhaps that is what he was referring too either that or the Quran.

:bang

Really. The only document would be the Bible.

Or the Quran.

REALLY? Really?!? Please please tell me you are pulling people's legs because you're hurting my brain with this.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

It doesn't take a "genius" to figure out that the constitution is is not 2000 years old.

Get it.

Sarcasm intended.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Obama claims the Constitution was written over 2,000 years ago. Didn't Obama claim he was a "Constitutional Scholar?"

obamasgaffes.blogspot.com...

I'm not sure which I find more astounding...that there is a blog devoted to "Obama's Gaffes", or that it has an audience.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
People, people... what's going on here? Has no one bothered to watch the clip? There are no mistakes, no prompter error, no Obama error, nothing.

"And they are charged with the vital task of applying principles put to paper more than twenty centuries ago."

He is obviously talking about the principle of democracy, or democratic political representation, which thrived in ancient Greece over 2000 years ago, a political philosophy that he would like to see upheld by the Supreme Court and the new membership he was presenting.

He barely mentions the constitution...

[edit on 16-6-2009 by The_Modulus]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Modulus

Then if that is what he was talking about, he may has been talking about Rome after all they were quite modern on politics in their time.

Perhaps Obama is too advance scholarly when compare to regular joes in rural America

Just a joke, blame on the US education system.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by googolplex
They did not have paper 20 centuries ago, maybe he ment put to sheep skin. Just face it he don't even know what he said, give him 173 days and he will avoid question again.

Yes they did. It may not have been paper made the way it is made today, but the Greeks of 2,000 years ago and even much earlier often were highly literate and had ample writing implements and materials to write on. They wrote and circulated books and plays, had libraries, etc. Think Plato, Socrates, Aristotle, Aeschylus, Sophocles, Euripides. . . .and on and on. The ancient Greek civilization has often been called the cradle of democracy.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Hes making a reference to the bible. He says that the constitution is a racist and bigoted document I think. I think minus all the parts that are exclusive, the constitution was well written for back then.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join