It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama claims Constitution written 2,000 years ago

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Obama claims the Constitution was written over 2,000 years ago. Didn't Obama claim he was a "Constitutional Scholar?"

obamasgaffes.blogspot.com...

Absolutely no press coverage on this. But don't accuse the media of bias.

I'm sure they will blame the teleprompter again. I think his teleprompter is out to get him.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

RR...are we watching the same clip??

..."principles put to paper over 20 centuries ago."

Make sense???

Where did he say the word 'constitution' in reference to the phrase "more than twenty centuries ago"??

Hmmmm?

Hint: He did not.

[edit on 6/9/0909 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

I am not a supporter of this governmental system, but it just seemed like an honest misread/mistake to me. I mean, who cares. He is only human. He is allowed to make a mistake you know.

By any chance are you trying to say that this is proof for Obama being a liar?

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
he states that the principles where put on paper, not that the constitution itself was written then, just the principles. He could be referring to Ancient Athens.

[edit on 9-6-2009 by phi1618]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Ah. Good point. I guess I am more tired than I thought. Thanks for making me see this.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Either he is making an indirect reference to Jesus or he got that from the same History book he used when he made his "Pearl Harbor was bombed" reference.

Why is he even bringing up the Constitution?
He must be getting ready to trash it.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Unlimitedpossibilities

I believe you may both be missing it, here.

If you listen to the words it is obvious that the remark about '20 centuries' has nothing to do with the Constitution.

The website that originally posted this seems desperate, to say the least -- truncating the segment in order to insinuate something that was not meant.

Again....the comments about "20 centuries" is clearly a reference to the rule of law. I am not sure if he's referring to 'christian' law, though....if he is, it would greatly distress me.

However, since he said 'more than' I am hoping he was talking about the foundations of LAW, as first envisioned and demonstrated by the Greeks.

And, to the OP...the 'telepromptr' stuff from the Faux-'news' playbook is just getting tired. It's as if the 'shrub', nor the 'gipper' ever used one!!!!

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by phi1618

Darn it phi!! Ya beat me to it!!!

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Why is he even bringing up the Constitution?
He must be getting ready to trash it.

Oh....never mind.

You've put your foot in it....mine won't fit now....

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
They did not have paper 20 centuries ago, maybe he ment put to sheep skin. Just face it he don't even know what he said, give him 173 days and he will avoid question again.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Unlimitedpossibilities

So typical! Obama is only human, he's allowed to make mistakes. If Bush had said that, MSM would have been on his ass like white on rice. Don't tell me there is not a double standard.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

So, your suggesting he's was refering to the bible??? If so, what does that have to do with the Judges tasks and the Presidents of appointing them? Even if your silly suggestion of the 20 centuries meaning putting those in words is kind of, well off just a bit. First, the bible was put into words about 1791 years ago and why would we have to do it again? Second, the Constitution is what the Judges have to decide on, not the bible. So in closing, admit that this popus ass is just that a popus ass.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Oh here we go again.....he's only human, he can make mistakes.......oh crap did I push the wrong button, was that the nukes or the service buzzer
....Personally, I'd like to see a President who can actually get it right the first time......but then again we didn't have much to choose from, now did we. Maybe now people will wake up and figure out the best person for the job should be able to do the job...not just look the part

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Actually I think Obama is telling the truth here. They did by the way have papyrus 2,000 years ago.

My pet theory (my dog ran away and my cat died so all I have is theories as pets and in this economy they cost about right to feed) is that the Bible is a 2,000 year old plan for Rome to conquer the entire world and install a one world government.

I don’t think the Jews have a contract with G-d, I think they have a contract with Rome.

Roman arms and laws, Jewish money and politics, the Masters of the Age of the Ram, hooked up with the Masters of the Age of the Fish, to give us a delightful Surf and Turf lifestyle!

Now don’t anyone worry, even I call myself crazy, but…I am almost always right, so personally I think the 13 Colonies are Caesar’s 13th Legion, and the Stature of Liberty is one big recruiting sign for that army.

We are the worlds policeman and the sole surviving State of the original Roman Republic the principality of Seborga’s ruling prince’s last name is Carbonare (Police) and the 8 Americans who signed the Treaty of Ghent ending the war of 1812 all signed with a title before their names in Latin that did not denote their official capacity on the part of the United States but Seborga.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by phi1618
he states that the principles where put on paper, not that the constitution itself was written then, just the principles. He could be referring to Ancient Athens.

My first impression before I got down to reading your post was "Political Science class - Platos' "Republic" so I fully agree.

I am NOT an Obama supporter; but, the REAL "Polital Conspiracy" here is people who are so hard - pressed to find fault that they actually CHANGE the context. It's sad, the depths to which people stoop.

As for the 'paper, scissors, rock' - or rather the 'paper, papyrus, parchment' chronology is completely irrelevant. If I were talking to a 'common' audience, I too would reduce my terminology to 'common' terms.

Now, here is some background from Wiki which you can check in any version of encyclopedia you wish.
en.wikipedia.org... and en.wikipedia.org...

Next, I might mention any President making a comment on our revered Constitution brings up an automatic B-Z-z-z-z-t in my memory of this:
www.capitolhillblue.com...

Now, what's worse? Bush saying the constitution is nothing but a "goddam piece of paper" - OR THIS - Obama PROBABLY referencing 'Athenian Democracy'?

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
You're education system sucks.

Many of the foundational concepts of your republic are more than 20 centuries old. The constraints upon which individual liberties are based is 800 years old.

Oddly, there were republics, empires, democracies, and governance systems that were BEFORE the founding of the USA. And the people who wrote the US constitution based their ideas on those concepts being used, refined and redefined in the enlightment.

Sad boys. Are you planning on a new time line too before-USA-Founding and After-USA-Founding? It's the Year 233 ASF!

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Aeons....it isn't really about the educational system here...although, you have a point for a new thread......

What is happening, by the OP's posting, is nothing short of political baiting.

However, to the OP's credit, his/her post was largely influenced by the website it came from. AND by the plethora of "Negative Nancies" that call themselves 'pundits' (on ALL sides, mind you!). I am not so naive as to defend certain lefties...they know who they are. BUT, a moderate should not allow any of them to trash the other.

(Well...unless it is deserved. AND, sometimes, it is...)

But this is an example of desperation, as I said before. Desperation to find something...anything...negative about a pol.

Slightly OT....but perhaps our ATS friends from other climes haven't heard about the silly "indignation" because a President decided to take his wife on a date for dinner and a play!!!!

Oh, the hand-wringing!!! Oh, it "cost the taxpayers so much"!

Whereas...President number 43 spent MORE time off, in Crawford, Texas, than any President prior. AF1 had to be there (nearest Air Base)...away from the Base at Andrews. Not to mention all of the supporting paraphernalia.....

All of this should be measured.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

I understand what you are saying but you should ask yourself, "am I falling into the segregational trap of two sides of the same coin tactic?"

As I stated in my first post, I do not advocate this current government system. It needs to be amended severely to excrete the stronghold the elitists have on policy making/manipulation.

The fact is, humans are prone to error. I really think this whole discussion about "20 centuries ago" is dwarfed in significance compared to some other topics in which we should be devoting our time.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by phi1618

He lies......They may have been printed on papyrus and not on paper as we know it.....

2 lines

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

What is happening, by the OP's posting, is nothing short of political baiting.

"Political baiting" and don't forget about being racist, because if you criticize this President you are bound to be a racist.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join