It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question About an Obama Bumper Sticker I Saw

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Not sure really where this goes, but I have seen several in the past few days. It is a bumper sticker that has Obama's logo, you know the red and white stiped "road" on the"O". I suppose it is Obama's name written in Arabic or Hebew or something. I don't know what language it is and I couldn't read it if I did know. So, what is up with American's driving around with THAT on their cars? Where is this sort of support leading??

[edit on 6/9/09 by opal13]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Is this it?

[edit on 6/9/09 by Ferris.Bueller.II]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by opal13

I'll play devil's advocate here and say maybe they are of that religion or nationality (I don't know the language either). Seems like no big deal to me. I'm not a fan of the guy, but at least he's catering to and supporting the "salad bowl" of all Americans...even if only in his bumper stickers.

Edit for typo

[edit on 9-6-2009 by Heatburger]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Hi there,

The language is Hebrew. The text is Barack Obama's name. From what I can tell (I don't speak Hebrew, just used a translation service and poked around online looking at shops selling the stickers) there's a pun involved with his name and the word for lightning in Hebrew, which is barak.

Hope this helps!

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

Yes, that is it.

I was wondering why all of a sudden I keep seeing these, whereas I didn't see them before the election. Also the cars I see them on already have Obama stickers from before the election. I guess it seems strange that they suddenly become popular after the fact.

top topics

join