It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Demands Inventory of All VFW Weapons

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Government Demands Inventory of All VFW Weapons

www.infowars.com

According to the email, any attempt “hide” the items will be dealt with severely. “Please do not try and hide this as all weapons and equipment not accounted for will be reported to the FBI and BATF as stolen military equipment,” writes Dan West, retired Sgt. USMC. “I am hopeful that I need not remind anyone of the severity of punishment that can be administered or the legal bills resulting from individuals or elected officers of the Post having possession of stolen military weapons.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/371008c32b20.jpg[/atsimg]

Click either of these for full image of the actual letter, sent to infowars:

files.abovetopsecret.com...

www.infowars.com...

What gets me is the tone of this letter, almost accusing them of stealing or hiding weapons. It sounds so condescending and threatening.

They could have done this another way, with a lot more diplomacy.

And a lot more RESPECT for veterans that have fought and died for this country.

The tone of this alone indicates the contempt and fear top commanders and high government have of veterans. And they are doing everything they can to let this be known by trying to disarm them, regulate them, and even going so far as to label them potential terrorists.

The word terrorist needs to be redefined in the dictionary:

NWO.

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on Tue Jun 9th 2009 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Keep in mind this is an Internal e mail from the VFW to its posts it is not a government letter to the VFW. Not really unusual to request an inventory it happens every couple of years or so , wether its AMVETS, American Legion or Veterans of Foreign Wars.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkStormCrow

They were contacted by US Army TACOM. And the letter results from this. It is condescending and disrespectful.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
The letter is an internal VFW letter that letter is not from TACOM, The Letter is from a USMC Retired Sargeant who is the Assistant Adjudant of the Texas Department of the VFW it is not a copy of the Letter from US ARMY TACOM. Read the letter again and you can comprehend this. These inventories are common they happen every few years even at High School JROTC programs. The Military Loans these organizations a certain amount of Equipment which is not just limited to weapons and they need to have accounting of these Items.

The Sargeant asks that the VFW posts submit thier inventory list to to him so the said posts can be marked off the lists.

The Sargeant in the letter is joking when telleing these guys to count aircraft carriers

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkStormCrow

In reading this letter again, I beg to differ on how commonplace this is. If it was so commonplace for the VFW particularly, then that implies that they are keeping a running inventory, and they are doing the usual inventory. But that's not how this is worded. AT ALL.

"While you may have had possession of this equipment for 20, 40, 60, or 100 years, it still belongs to the US military."

Why mention this at all if there was an inventory done as recent as two years ago or so? Huh?

And furthermore, there is no reference to any code or statute or "usual inventory"- this appears to be out of the blue.

It wasn't worded like:

"Our annual or biannual inventory is now becoming due by the end of July, according to statutes or codes x, y and z. Please be prepared to turn these in by July 31."

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Forgive me for saying this but this is a relatively smart move.

How so?

In my humble opinion we are seeing a replay of the early 1930's in every way shape and form.

A collapse more or less of the financial markets, a widening and deepening depression, massive unemployment, a march to facism, etc. etc...

so... where does the VFW come in?

Meet Major General Smedgley Darlington Butler a man who in the early 1930's was approached by the powers that be to stage a coup against the Roosevelt Administration using the troops from the VFW and weapons that were to be supplied from the Remmington Arms Factory courtesy of the Powers that Be and their agents.

General Butler was rumored to be embittered over being passed up for Commadant of the Marine Core, a promotion that by all rights would have been his except for one tiny thing...

"War is a Racket!"

War is a Racket

It seems the Major General was one smart Marine because he realized over the course of his long and distinquished career where he won not one but TWO Congressional Medals of Honor that he was fighting to protect American Corporate interests in faraway places that when he got there to fight there was no denying he was there to protect and expand American Corporate interests.

This made the brave Major General who was beloved by his troops something of a political pariah when he became vocal about why he was having to traipse about from the Shores of Tripoli to the Sands of Iwo Jima.

Anyway long story short, the good Major General had a change of heart and instead of leading the coup on Washington where the Powers that Be wanted to install a "Presidential Assistant" to 'help' the beleagured President who was attempting to regulate too many of their business interests he instead informed President Roosevelt of the plot.

Closed door Congressional Hearings were held, while the New York Times slaughtered the Major Generals charachter claiming that the whole thing was a fabrication to get revenge for being passed over for Commadant of the Marine Core.

The Plan was to gather 20,000 VFW Troops outside of Washington D.C. with the implied threat that they would march on the White House if Roosevelt refused to state that he was 'ill' and needed 'executive help' to run the White House and the Nation.

The troops themselves had been promised immediate release of their "Bonus" money from World War I, that payment of had been delayed and promised in lengthy installments over the course of a couple decades.

With the Depression worsening many of the Veterans were desperate for the Bonus Money they had been promised when being sent overseas to fight World War I.

A young Douglas McCarthur and George Patton had actually led a military attack on a Shanty Town on the outskirts of Washington that had sprung up housing homeless veterans and their families a short time before the White House Coup plot.

Excerpt from a speech delivered in 1933 by General Smedley Darlington Butler, USMC. General Butler was the recipient of two Congressional Medals of Honor - one of only two Marines so honored.
War is just a racket. A racket is best described, I believe, as something that is not what it seems to the majority of people. Only a small inside group knows what it is about. It is conducted for the benefit of the very few at the expense of the masses. . . .

There isn't a trick in the racketeering bag that the military gang is blind to. It has its "finger men" to point out enemies, its "muscle men" to destroy enemies, its "brain men" to plan war preparations, and a "Big Boss" Super-Nationalistic-Capitalism.

General Smedgley Butler

These are a couple of links to various sites about the White House Coup Plot General Butler had been asked to lead using VFW and American Legion Veterans.

The plot to sieze the White House

1934 Coup

There are one or two ATS Threads on this too I am sure.

I think President Obama might be a wee bit paranoid and a pretty good student of history!

Or...he has some advisors that are pretty good history students.

Or...he is just a mad man!

Take your pick!

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Thats because its an internal e mail , From the Assistant adjudant who probably knows in person just about every VFW commander and assistant commander that this email was sent to. The letter is sarcastic and a joke between old service guys who have probably known each other for years if not decades. Info wars is really trying to make Mt Everest out of anthill with this one.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Very interesting post, PT. Star.

It is also interesting that you didn't comment on how commonplace this may be for US Army TACOM to request inventory from VFW's like this. Got any idea on that?

I will further contend that if it was running policy, or annual or biannual policy, there would have been no need for the conversation in the first place, as the VFW would have automatically complied with the inventory requirements. Only if they hadn't complied, would there have been a need for TACOM to contact the VFW over this.

I think there is something up here, and PT may have busted the move. Nice PT!

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I wonder which VFW post is hiding an aircraft carrier?

I hope it's not the one down the street from me, though I don't think it would fit...

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
They tend to do these inventories annually hence the July 31 submission date the inventory would have to be turned in before the end of the Fiscal year in October. There really is nothing to this but you are free to conspiracy away

[edit on 6/9/2009 by DarkStormCrow]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Very interesting post, PT. Star.

It is also interesting that you didn't comment on how commonplace this may be for US Army TACOM to request inventory from VFW's like this. Got any idea on that?

I will further contend that if it was running policy, or annual or biannual policy, there would have been no need for the conversation in the first place, as the VFW would have automatically complied with the inventory requirements. Only if they hadn't complied, would there have been a need for TACOM to contact the VFW over this.

I think there is something up here, and PT may have busted the move. Nice PT!

Yes there sure is something up here! I starred and flagged the thread and frankly I do not believe in coincidences.

Some one either has imagined a real danger here regarding the VFW or someone has come up with intelligence something is possibly brewing.

There is a third option though, speculation is rife that Roosevelt was the Powers that Be's man all along and they were simply trying to make it look like they were opposed to him by staging a coup and selecting a prominent front man who wasn't in fact a friend of the Powers that Be but a very vocal critic.

They ended up nearly destroying the good General's reputation and would have except that he took it upon himself to travel the country after he gave his Congressional testimony speaking to small town and small city newspapers who reported his version of events and to large audiences when ever he could rustle one up.

Why that 3rd scenario is possible it would have distanced Roosevelt from the Powers that Be making it appear like he was a foe and the 'common' man's friend. It would have also ruined the highest ranking military officer who could give expert testimony as to why the Marines were often being sent to places under the guise of some danger to America but in reality to secure American Business interests in markets that had become hostile to them.

So you do also have to be on the lookout of a 'fake' type coup against Obama being publicly aired to make it look like he's not such a great pal of the people he's been giving trillions of bailout money too even though the principal owners of most of the businesses recieving it are worth trillions and trillions themselves!

People love to play games that's for sure.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Very interesting. Ok so could this similarly be a deceptive, cunning NWO plan to root out any military that may be planning such a coup?

With all the talk of revolution going on these days, I find that quite conceivable that they are trying to stay one step ahead of game. They've probably looked at it, analyzed it from every angle, seen how it could possibly happen, and are now taking countermeasures against it.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Disinformation?

It wasn't the VFW that was supposed to be involved in the "Business Plot" of 1933.

Allegedly the plot involved senior members of the American Legion.

The plot was to create a new far right veteran's organization and march on Washington D.C. with this new organization. Butler said the American Liberty League would have been the paramilitary veteran's organization.

The VFW national commander James E. Van Zandt sided with Major General Butler on the issue and even corroborated his story.

So who's playing games here?

Here's a book and even the history channel special:

The Plot to Seize the White House
www.mobipocket.com...

In Search Of History - The Plot To Overthrow FDR
shop.history.com...

[edit on 9/6/09 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Very interesting. Ok so could this similarly be a deceptive, cunning NWO plan to root out any military that may be planning such a coup?

With all the talk of revolution going on these days, I find that quite conceivable that they are trying to stay one step ahead of game. They've probably looked at it, analyzed it from every angle, seen how it could possibly happen, and are now taking countermeasures against it.

History repeats itself so yes! I would say it's entirely likely that is what is happening.

While many of America's soldiers are young wide eyed young adults, their officer core is not quite so wet behind the ears and veterans of the military are often even more sage in the ways of the world.

Ultimately it's not policy but poverty that becomes a real threat to an administration.

People will complain about policy during the best of times, they take to the streets and pick up arms though when they start feeling the effects of empty bellies and pantries and thread bare clothes.

The economic conditions are far more likely to be a spark than politics.

This was the situation in the early 1930's when the White House coup plot unfolded.

People were broke, homeless, desperate and hungry and those are the kinds of people with nothing left to loose who can be agitated or manipulated or even honestly led into actions that could include an armed rebellion.

By dangling the opportunity to be armed, fed, and well led...which is what happened in the case of the of the Butler plot, it's not hard to draw the most subversive and action oriented ellements out into the light.

Actor John Voight who stared in this just past season of the Fox drama/action show '24' just gave a public speach today lambasting Obama as a false prophet/messiah who was weak and inept and would leave Israel undefended and America too and he 'must' be 'removed' from office.

Coincidentally Voight played a very similiar motivated charachter on '24' this season.

Clearly there is a risk here, as Obama distances himself ever so slightly from Israel that too is going to give potentially 'false' hope to Israel's greatest critics and detractors and there is no denying the powerful influence the Israeli/Jewish Lobby has in Congress or who the White House Cheif of Staff is.

There may be quite a few ellements at play trying to draw certain ellements out.

People like you and I and many others who are vocal critics of foreign policy, domestic policy, financial policy etc., etc., could all in theory be categorized as enemies of the state.

Let me tell you this state has some real enemies in the state it's in.

Poverty drives it and the Powers that Be in the 1930's are basically the same people today except it's their children and mostly grand children running the show.

I don't know about your Grandfather but mine told me the greatest and most fascinating tales and stories in the world. There is no reason to think the Powers that Be's families are any different?

In the 1930's stepping people down into poverty, then temporarily containing their desperation, set them up wonderfully to be anxious cannon fodder when the migratory and redistribution type World War then was fought.

It will be the same thing here, trying to keep an increasingly poor and constantly getting poorer populace from rebelling until the time comes when the stage is set to send the young and able off to fight a major World War probably in the Middle East, probably over Israel.

World War I was fought to set up Israel (The Balfour Declaration)

World War II was fought to populate Israel (Hitler)

World War III will be fought over Israel to wipe out the religions and establish a one world government New World Order...

Don't flame me, it's a 2,000 year old plan written in the Bible folks!

Don't you know they always hold it against the messenger though!

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Everyone seems to have missed the link at the bottom of the page to WorldNetDaily, and the story about the directive at Ft. Bliss for soldiers living off-post to register privately owned weapons. As you may recall, this was attempted at Ft. Campbell a month or so ago, but once it hit the internet, the directive was withdrawn as an overstepping of authority.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

Disinformation?

It wasn't the VFW that was supposed to be involved in the "Business Plot" of 1933.

Allegedly the plot involved senior members of the American Legion.

The plot was to create a new far right veteran's organization and march on Washington D.C. with this new organization. Butler said the American Liberty League would have been the paramilitary veteran's organization.

The VFW national commander James E. Van Zandt sided with Major General Butler on the issue and even corroborated his story.

So who's playing games here?

Here's a book and even the history channel special:

The Plot to Seize the White House
www.mobipocket.com...

In Search Of History - The Plot To Overthrow FDR
shop.history.com...

[edit on 9/6/09 by MikeboydUS]

My understanding is the troops were to come from both orginizations though I must confess I wasn't there and have garnered my knowledge of the affair from a few different Web Sites.

You may be entirely correct that it was just the American Legion.

However having said that, do we know at this point the American Legion has not gotten a similar letter regarding their arms?

They may have and it simply hasn't been posted yet.

I always look to history to try to figure out what's driving events today.

I certainly mean no one in the American Legion or the Veterans of Foreign Wars any disrespect.

Those were after all very difficult times economically for people and many veterans were in fact homeless and living in cardboard and tar huts and most of them were realing from the fact that their Washington D.C. suburbs shanty town which by all accounts was kept neat and clean and the people squatting in it orderly and well mannered was violently attacked and dispersed and destroyed by Government troops and veterans lost lives in the process.

I appreciate you being able to add more indepth knowledge on this matter as mine is truly rudimentary.

Thanks friend.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Something meet nothing. Nothing meet something. Something I believe you came out of nothing here. Yup something out of nothing here.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic
Something meet nothing. Nothing meet something. Something I believe you came out of nothing here. Yup something out of nothing here.

Then prove it. Show me how the VFW is routinely tasked by TACOM to provide a complete inventory of all weapons on an ongoing basis. Show me where for 100 years the VFW has had to comply with routine annual inventory, and submit those to TACOM. Stop saying this is nothing when you provide absolutely nothing to back up your flappin trap. And then I will gladly shut mine.

Until then, this is appearing to me as out of the ordinary.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
You might find out the information here. AR 700-131

and hereTitle 10 USC § 4683

The Arizona VFW appears to do this inventory every 3 years.

Triennial Inventory Certification of Ceremonial Rifles

CEREMONIAL RIFLE PROGRAM

[edit on 6/9/2009 by DarkStormCrow]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join