It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Sues Captain Crunch: "Crunchberries Were Not Real Berries"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
She felt tricked! She has only been eating this cereal for four years and finally figured out that those aren't real berries. lol It turns out that, unlike the Mcdonald's hot coffee lawsuit, this judge wasn't as much of an idiot and dismissed the case. Also as a fun side note the law firm that represented this woman looking to make a quick easy buck had previously represented someone who sued fruit
loops for not being loops of fruit. I am well aware of the fact that people will sue anyone for any think (including god) but now cereal brands? I wonder if this person knows that Capt. Crunch isn't actually a real person. I had a pretty good laugh at this one and hope you all will as well. But at least this judge did not make a mockery of our court system and thank goodness for that.

www.moonbattery.com...

video
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
You mean to tell me I have been eating Fruity Pebbles all these years and they are not really rocks covered in fruit?

You got to be kidding me!

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth Lumina

People like this should be forced to pay for bringing up STUPID lawsuits like this.

FAIL.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

HEY! Its one thing to talk about Mr. Crunch like that, but you even dare try and tell me Ronald McDonald is fake so help me god your a dead man. He was at my 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th birthday! HES REAL!

Speaking of silly law suits, there was once a guy who sued a RV manufacturer cause he didn't know that he couldn't leave the wheel once cruise control was engaged, and the manual didn't mention it. And he actually won the case.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

I can understand where you are coming from, imagine how I feel now, all these years I thought honey comb were actual honey combs, and all these years I have thought that wheaties made champions out of everyone who eats them. Also, apple jacks doesn't have real apples in it, oh no!

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom

People like this should be forced to pay for bringing up STUPID lawsuits like this.

FAIL.

I completely agree with you. The judges who allow these lawsuits to go on should be disbarred. Like that person who sued Mcdonald's because he blamed it for being fat, well duh, if i were that judge, i would have sentenced that idiot to fat camp or something. But pay check garnishments is an idea to get people to think twice about filing lawsuits like this.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by king9072

Don't worry, ol' Ronald is real, alive, and well and hasn't aged in years! lol i do believe that person won, i just can't believe that a judge actually let that go through. The man should have been sentenced to a common sense course, and to be slapped around for a while. What an idiot.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Well I sued Dow Chemical because when I got home and sprayed the Scrubbing Bubbles in my shower they did not have cool hats on and drive around on motorcycles. That is the only reason I bought the product. I was so disappointed when it was just a bunch of foam.

[edit on 9-6-2009 by grapesofraft]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
And I thought the level of peoples stupidity wasn't so bad. I stand corrected!

This lady is a complete moron. I'm sorry but someone that is not capable of using the brain they were given for something like this is a degrading hindrance to all that can think and all of humankind.
Really....

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Hmmmm Above Top Secret

Let's break down those 3 words.

Hey Amigos I want $4.67 and 500 points... Just to make this little issue - you know, go away

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
It's official common sense has taken the proverbial leap off a cliff. I can't
wait till someone sues Captain Cruch for not only not being a real captain but also for not being entirely crunchy. There's even a website called Whocanisue.com This country is going to the dumb and useless one day at a time.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Perhaps not in such an inane example as this but in my opinion, the marketing industry should be held accountable for some of the manipulations they are endeavouring upon...

Proof That The Advertising Industry Is A Form Of Mind Control Part 2

It gets even more interesting when you consider the physiological impact of sugar on the cognitive mind...

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
If only I had sued back in the early 80's when I was a kid and also expected real berries
but I had learned to read by then so I figured I didn't have a case and didn't bother...

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
The cereal company should send her a big basket of Snozzberries....

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
O.K., so I am a little slow getting the breaking news! Laughed till I cried!
Has got to be the most humorous story I've heard in a long time.

Honestly, truly pathetic, that a court would entertain such a frivolous case. I can see the latest headlines:

" Ladies and Gentlemen, due to the Economic Crisis, the Federal Government Has decided you No Longer Need Health Care!!

We will be issuing Each and Every One Of You A Box Of Captain Crunch With
CRUNCH BERRIES! We have determined the Crunch Berries are Actually All you need to get your daily recommended serving of Fruit!"

Sorry I have to go! My Crunch Berry Pie is almost ready!! LOL!!!

new topics

top topics

join