It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are free - hug a policeman

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
This guy is funny and expressing the most fundamental right we all have - to love and hug fellow human beings, no matter what uniform they wear.

Just thought I'd stir up the incessant 'police hate' threads, by showing that there are some nice police out there...somewhere

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I enjoyed this video very much.

I encourage everyone that doesn't want to watch the entire thing.. please at least watch the last 1 minute, it sums up what life is pretty well..

thanks for posting.

S&F for you

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by blind.face

Yay, a S&F, thank you, i feel better now
You have virtually hugged me

Check out the other videos from the guy, they are spot on, especially the 'hunt for CCTV' vids.

They film in a railway station and are told they can't film, even though they are filmed everywhere by CCTV without permission. The muppets don't know how to retort except by saying "Erm it's bylaw something, oh yeah, bylaw 6"...wtf.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I saw the headline and ran to the nearest policeman without watching the video.

I got tazed.

CX

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1

I got tazed.

That was funny!

Great vid....especially the last minute.

I love that piano piece at the end, any idea what it is?

CX.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1

I got tazed.

Lucky you! I got punched in the face, then tazed and they shot my DOG!

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

What an amazing group of people, and such an amazing video!
thank you.

I loved the part where the store employee came out trying to get rid of them. The camera man asked, "Do you own the photons coming from the light?"
I believe that was a glimmer into the Native American philosophy.

Such great points made all around. Love each other instead of fear each other.

Thanks again.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

yeah, after watching the first.. I couldn't help searching for more. I wasn't let down at all. What a great message they are trying to spread.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

I gave the video creator a digital hug and he reciprocated by telling me the music he used...wow

thank you for the hug. The song is by Ludovico Einaudi, a piano player who I feel transmits the good vibrations very well. The piece is called "the Days" (in Italian, "il Giorni"). I am sure he won't mind me using it here in this video, will you Ludovico my friend? =)

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by blind.face

I wasn't either. They actually bumped into the same police officers on different occasions, for the same thing, and they gave each other a friendly greeting.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

I found that amusing as well; the official looked very disappointed that they seemed so friendly to each other; she wanted blood 'n guts.

When fresh officers arrived however, it was back to normal - a frosty reception with power-tripping high on the agenda.

This is also a funny video, where the guy knows his rights and the officer seems so frustrated that she can't fill up FIT book...

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I don't dare hug a cop! A good looking guy in a uniform ...

(Military, police, heck ... even a hockey uniform ... )
Hugging a cop in uniform would 'lead me into temptation'
Hugging a buff cop in uniform would lead to a serious situation.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Would a McDonald's uniform have the same reaction.

You sound a danger to society FlyersFan; your head might explode once the NWO cops appear everywhere.

[edit on 11-6-2009 by PrisonerOfSociety]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrisonerOfSociety
Would a McDonald's uniform have the same reaction.

Naaaaaaah .. the smell of french fry grease would kill any romantic thoughts.

You sound a danger to society FlyersFan

I've heard that here before ...

your head might explode once the NWO cops appear everywhere.

Nope. Anti-American NWO uniforms wouldn't do 'it' for me.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Dude that guy was polite. I would not have been so friendly. Still he did things the right way. Saying that basically they had nothing on him. Thats the way it should be done. Tell them that you have done nothing wrong and refuse to co-operate if that is the case.

-Cauch1

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Interesting video, and I am sure that it is being viewed by members of the British government who are now expediting the implementation of new laws which in the future will give the police the legal base from which they could beat down this man, destroy his megaphone, seize any and all photographic and video equipment at the scene and disperse the crowd while arresting any and all dissenters.

All under the premise that they were disturbing the "peace".

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Brilliant, loved it, what more can be said?

I find it worrying that you can't voice your opinion without the police showing up though. I mean they wern't harming anyone.

[edit on 12-6-2009 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
On the same lines back in the late 80's when I was still a student - drifts off into remembered bliss of having no cares - each new year in Edinburgh the 'Royal Mile' used to fill up with about 250,000 people from all over the world in a totally free non-organised way, not like now where you need a ticket to even get in most pubs

Anyway there was practically no trouble, people shared booze, fags(sorry cigarettes for you in the US) and the like, everybody hugged and kissed each other at 0:00 hrs and there were queues of women at every policeman waiting for a new years kiss.

It was often wet and we would all be soaked to the skin and it's not warm in Scotland in Dec/Jan but it was always a brilliant laugh.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I love the police here, and I think that it is the underground criminals that try to make them look bad or corrupt etc, so people will think it is pointless to ask them for help when they need it...

They have helped me a TON and are the most respectful people I know.....

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Hugging a cop in uniform would 'lead me into temptation'
Hugging a buff cop in uniform would lead to a serious situation.

Too true but what a way to be lead into temptation.

I wonder if buff US cops would object?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join