It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHO Declaration of Swine Flu Pandemic Appears Imminent

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by The Killah29

This is not intended to scare you or anyone. Once we rach level 6 be prepared to shut down school, stop travel, quarantines, an economic disaster. That part should worry you.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by The Killah29

Not true read the definition of a pandemic on the WHO's website, has nothing to do with number of death... I was worried about how this flu would spread in the southern hemisphere as it is obviously flu season down there... Just not sure what level six would mean to us in the US... confused...

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I'm taking the pig flu seriously myself ,because I think there is a good chance it was made in a lab and deliberately released. Sage seems to help one of the symptoms (sore throat). Sage can not be banned because it is a prime ingrediant in Italian food. Because so many people in the government and health care support population control , I do not trust many of them to help sick people..

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by iamjesusphish

It appears that WHO is having discussions with government officials to prepare for a level 6.

There are financial complications, travel, etc. They must also have a safety plan in oder I would think before making such a bold statement.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by eradown

Yea I agree with you with the created in a lab comment. I was listening to coast to coast am last night and it was from may 26th I think and they were saying a 75 year old analyst said it looked like it was man made and needs to be taking seriously. I'll do some digging to try to find the report and the mans name...

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

Yea I understand they(gov'ts) needs to be prepared for level six. What I am unsure about is if that would mean closing everything down in the US/N.America due to it not being flu season here and if would be held off here until the fall when/if it explodes...

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by iamjesusphish

I dont like saying this but we are a greedy country. I think they would rather have people dying, than to worsen the finacial amageddon that is happening.

FEMA has already ordered mass coffins, asked cemeteries if they have room for mass burials, etc. I expect this to be huge, if not this Fall by 2010 for sure.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I don't know what else they can do. Because of guardasil, the public now knows the vaccine makers do not care about the well being of those who receive their vaccines. The government is bankrupt; food reserves are at a low. Many people are weak because of GMO foods. Fema camps may end up killing even more people under martial law.This was all by design. The people responsible aren't just greedy they are viscious homocidal murderers. Hell can't wait to recieve them.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by eradown]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by eradown
reply to [Hell can't wait to recieve them.

I suspect that they don't believe in Heaven and Hell. Of course I could be wrong on that point.

I'm concerned and think we will see obvious movement by the NWO before the christmas season. Not sure what all they have planned for it but I am concerned about Flu and I doubt that it will be summer camp.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I think the majority of people that you see that are sick have swine flu. I don't know too many people that are hitting up the cdc to get tested. The key I believe is ice water. The optimal incubation temperature should be 41 celcius the body temperature of an avian. Meaning your body isn't gonna kill it with a fever. Keeping your temperature low is the only way you have a fighting chance if you have a fever.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Ok now look.

I can see that there is an issue here, the virus has shown it can adapt however many other flus can do this! Tuberculosis kills far more people each year than this virus has. I remain unconvinced as to it's lethality and dangerous mutation abilities.

I seriously doubt it will mutate badly, in fact i think it has spread far and wide through the population and most of them have become immune. I only say that because of the number that have been officially mentioned in the UK. It seem to me that many may have come into contact with carriers and not gotten ill.

I'm not sure. Should we worry it can mutate when it seems many peopels immune systems are able to cope with it like a normal strong flu? Or should we label it a pandemic and scare everyone?

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

Star for you. I totally agree. And yes the more people that get this "mild version" will create a nice immunity block if (IF) this mutates into something more deadly.

I believe if 1/3rd of any given population has immunity to a specific disease (because they had the disease before, or because they were vaccinated) that is enough to prevent a true pandemic. It creates a natural block that prevents the disease from spreading to the majority. So the paranoid should welcome the spread of this mild version.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by Sonya610]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

Yeah I have to agree.

I was all over this in April, but now allot of the truth has been revealed its not much different then well. The flu.. Just seems to be a strong strain. Media, just went Ape Ahem, over the story in the beginning it looks like. I think allot of people got duped into the whole uh oh, plague event. Yet who knows I am still watching it, it did get me to research allot on influenza and I know quite a bit more about the flu, and how virus's effect your body. I suppose the swine flu, taught me something. I will be keeping an eye on it. It does look like it will be a pandemic. Kinda like chicken pox I guess. Should be watching the southern hemisphere I suppose.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
According to the 10pm BBC news tonight here in the UK, the WHO will declare the current bout of swine flu has reached pandemic level tomorrow (11th June)

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
From Twitter:

The WHO has called a meeting of its emergency committee for tomorrow at noon (GMT) to discuss the spread of the novel H1N1 virus.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by eradown

You are so right This was all by design. As clever as they may be we arent exactly going to sit back and take it. Things wil change rapidly between now and 2010. We must only prepare for out families. The less we are dependent the better we will be.

We have an advantage of understanding by being members of ATS. When SHTF most of us should be ready.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Adrifter

Well let me be clear. As this virus is new, in the sense that it has passed from a separate species to us, many humans do not have a natural immunity and this does make it dangerous. However this virus has now infected many people and despite the controls the idea they have intercepted all sufferers is absolutely ridiculous. This virus is now loose, it has infected many people and yet we do not see a mass dying off of the human race. In fact we do not even see a mass "day off sick". So i would say at this point that the virus isn't strong enough to kill, or even dangerously infect most people.

It of course could mutate, and being a virus outside our normal resistance pool it could cause trouble. However it seems like an over reaction.

In fairness however would we prefer an over or under reaction when dealing with potentially dangerous pathogens?

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Wonderworld- I just started a thread on the topic of reassortment. I welcome your input. I think it's absolutely possible- esp. as the H1N1 strain is now essentially endemic in areas where H5N1 is, as well.

C

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   

New York!! Good lord- I just read on Bloomberg that the new estimate for infections ALONE is 550,000!

Wards are being built, clinicians trained, ob/gyn facilities shut off to all but the women giving birth, in case of carriers who may infect a neo-natal or NICU ward. I'll drag the article up and post it. new York is in big trouble, and I fear chicago is NO different. With the suburbs (out of which most work and commute, as in LA, DC, NY, etc.,) we are approaching 10 million in population. the fact that we've "only" had 10 or 12 deaths here is a joke- I'd say it's in the thousands, but no one has the money or time to verify cases. Half the hospitals in Chicago- except for the privates, like Northwestern memorial, etc., don't even have enough HAND SANITIZER or gloves, let alone labs with dedicated staff to run PCR all day.

I think Chicago will be next in worse-case scenario cities- and the Mayor haasn't said a damn thing about avoiding crowds, etc., because the economy is so hosrrific we have nearly a 10% unemployment rate.

I'll find the NY article and post it tomorrow.

C

[edit on 11-6-2009 by CultureD]
Edit: sorry for all the typos- hands going numb again- bear with me. thanks

[edit on 11-6-2009 by CultureD]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Re: immunity theory. You're absolutely right- if the flu has swept through and returns in the autumn, those of us who've been ill- or even exposed, will have antibody. BUT- if it mutates, we are in the same boat as everyone else- total lack of immunity. The antibodies that would recognize parts of the strain wold not be able to keep up with the new virulence factor of the virus: as a result, we all pump vast amounts of interleukins and interferons and die of cytokine storms, if we're unlucky.

Don't base your safety on having had flu this year- I had it for 3 weeks- if it doesn't mutate? I'll breathe more easily for myself. If it does, I'll be just as worried as everyone else-though I will approach my survival and health differently, and in so doing, hopefully, survive.

Take care

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join