It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astrology and my recent Love Story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I would like to share a very important part of my life with you ATS members since I have a very huge respect towards this website which became for me the top of the Pop of the Internet.

I have to admit that reading about my Astrology actually helped me alot through my life. First I would like to seperate Horoscope and Astrology since I dont read any Horoscope , I dont beleive them, what I do read and Beleive in is the Character of the person depending on his star sign. Now when I looked through google videos trying to debunk Astrology they always bring up examples of horoscope which for me its not the case.

Im a Cancer, and the majority of the websites explaining the Cancer Male star is literally 100% correct review of myself. I read also stars of people I know well such as my family and friends and they are all 100% correct.

My last relationship which ended recently was with a Capricorn female and I must say that Astrology was correct again in how she acts with me, how I act, things we have in common, things in which we could fight alot, i mean basically everything.

Now I posted this thread for the following reasons :

I would like to know if there are more members like me that see Astrology getting it right on there personalities and relationships.

Also if there is any explanation how this can be so precise, my personal beleive is that the constillation radiate some type of energy that you absorb once born, this is only way i can see such thing effects you.

Please remember that this is not about Horoscope but personality.

Thank You and please share if you have any experience

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Oh yeah I believe in it too.

I'm a Leo and it suits me down to ground. Prideful, headstrong, stubborn, deep yearn for love and passion and has to be the KING of everything.

I don't follow horoscopes either but I do believe in the sun sign personality traits they seem very accurate.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I love astrology! I have been reading about astrology for over 10 years and it amazes me. I am 100% a Scorpio and proud
It has also amazed me with how accurate it has been with relationships.. My current boyfriend is a Pisces and we have gotten along better than anyone I have ever been with. We act the way it said we would. We are actually very good for each others astrological signs. I had my birth chart done and it was nuts. It was very accurate and it kind of freaked me out. I too feel the way you do as to why this is so correct for many. I think each phase has it's own energy, each min or sec things change. I use astrology a lot in my life for many things and it has always been for good for me. I do read horoscopes but they are usually very general and not too specific for me. Sometimes they are accurate but rarely IMO.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Astrology has every one of my families personalities down to the ground. It helps me understand people better when I know what sign they are

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destroyed
Astrology has every one of my families personalities down to the ground. It helps me understand people better when I know what sign they are

Oh I know my family too. It really does explain my mother and I's relationship. When I meet someone I always like to know their sign. I think it helps with getting to know someone personally.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
When I meet someone I always like to know their sign. I think it helps with getting to know someone personally.

It's the same with me. It's nearly always one of the first things I ask when I meet someone. If they are Aries, sagittarius or Leo then I usually get on very well with them. Fire with fire. Water with water. Earth with earth and Air with air

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
In my personal experience, it's always been accurate whether using western signs or the Chinese horoscope. My husband and I are very well suited for each other and have been happily married for a while. Sagittarius/Libra, Sheep/Horse. Another weird fact is that he is one year, one month and one day older than me.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I absolutely believe it. Im a leo in a relationship with a leo. Everything Astrology says about leo/leo relationships is 100% true for us. He would say so too.

When I look at my past relationships, I can say the same thing.

Whether or not its a fluke or very real, I cant say. But it all seems very real to me. And I dont really follow Astrology, much past entertainment.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
thank you for your replies....i am currently watching zeitgeist movie..have you seen it?

else its quite cool...because after all...the zodiac means quite alot more than i thought...sry for my english but its not my 1st language....here is the link for the film....

i hope others participate in this thread and maybe we will start to think how the hell the zodiac works...

Zeitgeist Movie

Also..my ex girlfriend (the Capricon) just called me..i will go through our star signs well and see what can we do

Love and Peace

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
i would never judge another on what sign they are? it sounds a bit signist to me

my brothers girlfriend won't date irish men, she is irish

we have to draw the line some where?

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
If you are serious I can gab about Astrology to you are blue in the face...

I would rather you ask questions though as it is easier when I know what you want to know.
I do not claim to be anything when it comes to astrology.. I have simply been a student since the age of 10-12 or so, because my mom was taking classes, and together we have over 100 books on the subject.
I mostly learned by studying my friends and relatives and boyfriends....lol.
My favorite resource is Astro.com... but I do not like their forums.. There are people on there predicting and speaking of fact when I do not believe you can say so. Astrology is a theory of possibilities. Some people parrot books, and I trust the older stuff myself. I believe there are also lot of errors in the belief systems which are revealed in modern times because we haven't been watching the new planetary bodies long enough to accurately say certain things or make certain claims.

But first off.. The Sun sign is only one factor in the personality... it is much much more complex than that. The learning curve is wide and long....

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by meremortal
i would never judge another on what sign they are? it sounds a bit signist to me

my brothers girlfriend won't date irish men, she is irish

we have to draw the line some where?

I would never judge a person based on their sun sign either. There are infinite combinations that work in alchemy within one person's planetary alignments. Although similarities from one to the next in common alignments is uncanny.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Originally posted by heineken

Also if there is any explanation how this can be so precise, my personal beleive is that the constillation radiate some type of energy that you absorb once born, this is only way i can see such thing effects you

Think of it as a photograph of the moment you were born. That the sky was what was being taken. from Earth. From the spot on which you were born.
When you enter your birth data into a program for astrology, it will give you a picture called a chart. That is the photograph.
Also think of it as the moment in time in which you decided to enter this "game". Precisely that moment was chosen for it's characteristics and the influences you wanted to experience.. A particular lens or pair of glasses in which to look at your experience with. The energies are there. Part of the machine of creation. I used to call it God's computer.. but I don't anymore.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I have to say that I resent the thread being moved to BTS as if... well you know.. because it can be considered a metaphysical science as well as occult entertainment...
Just had to express that. Not that I expected any less.

Astrology was once respected in ancient times... then science became the new thing.. and Christianity.. but perhaps the need for ancient psychology is passing like many other things.. being incorporated into a whole of understanding that takes from all knowledge types. If that is so, it is a naturally good progression. I am sure the need for is less important when we realize we are all unique and that trying to figure out why is unnecessary....

so it becomes a parlor trick...

[edit on 9-6-2009 by seagrass]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by heineken
Also if there is any explanation how this can be so precise, my personal beleive is that the constillation radiate some type of energy that you absorb once born, this is only way i can see such thing effects you.

yep that radiated energy is called gravity.

one thing i've always thought about is that since the moon's gravitational pull affects the tides of the ocean so drastically.. plankton and coral blooms... women's menstrual cycles.. etc..

then when your "zygote" .. when your mom's egg is fertized by your dad's sperm, and that initial brew of genetics is forming..
then that is the point as to which everything you grow into will really have effect on whatever you grow into..
so one can't negate the fact that the nucleic acid in the zygote is arranging itself.. its genetic patterns in a way that is affected by the moon.
also it would be affected (however minuscule amount) by the differential gravitational pull of the planets at that time of the year.
stars also.
some may say.. yeah but that's so minuscule it wouldn't matter.
maybe not as much to a grown human.. but to a tiny sack of genes that are arranging themselves for the first time, before it grows into something as complex as a human being..

it's that initial conception point.. and the remaining 3 tri-mesters that would quite possibly result in bell-curve groupings of certain personality types.. dependent upon what position the earth is in at that time of year.

so i think it's more accurate to gaugue it by the conception.. rather than the actual birth.. because what's changing from when you're in your mom's uterus to when you're in her arms? not much except environment..
physicality? not much.

there's so many parameters that influence everything.
gravitational pull of stars and planets and the moon and the sun.. even the sun's gamma bursts... i wonder what differences babies have genetically and personality-wise that were concieved when massive solar flares reached the earth?

still the astrological / psycho dynamic /personality theory holds well as we use it as far as birth dates.. we'd just really have to dial back the our signs 9 months. on average. to be actually accurate as to when it happens..
but then also dial back the attributes. so like Leo would actually be 9 months prior. and we'd talk about conception date.. because that's when the relevant changes happen. but it doesn't matter... unless you want to get in detail abotu it like i am right now.

but it's fine the way it is...

even if it's dependent on not the birth date.. but the conception date.

i was conceived on Halloween by the way.

-

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

omg your conception theory is super.

i think we have to study the zodiac more...science dont beleive in it and its a pitty

new topics

top topics

join