It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does obama keep the islamic name?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
What I know about Christianity is that Christ's giving of himself absolved us from those Old Testament laws, so you can relax now.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by JohnnyCanuck]

Matt 5:17-18

17Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

err, it the old testament laws are all gone, then why is Murder still a crime, ohh, how about stealing?

anyone, anyone, anyone?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
reply to post by heliosprime

I think you'll discover, should you bother to look, that most of our Founding Fathers were not practising christians/catholics, they were, infact, Deists.

It does not matter a whit what the Founding Fathers were in their own religious practises, they protected the Freedom of religion, any religion from just this sort of nonsense of "my god can beat up your god" (like it's a playground, or something...).

What's in a name? Your screen name for instance "Heliosprime". Helios? A name for the Sun in Greek, the god of the Sun...my, my, a bit heretical don't you think? Better watch that, or someone is going to accuse you of trying to subvert all of Christendom...

tisk, tisk, the same old lie.....

A Study of Their Writings Proves They Believed in God and Were Promoters of Christianity
The writings of several of the most notable Founding Fathers indicates they believed in God and were promoters of Christianity. For purposes of this article, just three will be discussed: George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and Benjamin Franklin.

By dictionary definition, deists, atheists, and agnostics are synonymous and include those who believe there is no God at all; those who believe there is no way to know if God exists; and those who believe in a distant, impersonal creator of the universe.

www.associatedcontent.com...

As per the name "heliosprime".......yes, helios...greek for "sun god"......bringer of light to the darkness...........oh and prime........

prime (prm)
adj.
1. First in excellence, quality, or value. See Usage Note at perfect.
2. First in degree or rank; chief. See Synonyms at chief.
3. First or early in time, order, or sequence; original.
4. Of the highest U.S. government grade of meat.
5. Mathematics Of, relating to, or being a prime number.

understand now?

and also a name of a planet in"riddick" where the vileness of islam had spread before doom came to it.............

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime
err, it the old testament laws are all gone, then why is Murder still a crime, ohh, how about stealing? anyone, anyone, anyone?

How about pork chops? Anybody doing eternity for a pork chop?

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

err, it the old testament laws are all gone, then why is Murder still a crime, ohh, how about stealing? anyone, anyone, anyone?

How about pork chops? Anybody doing eternity for a pork chop?

Anyone notice the rise in cancer rate worldwide also seems similar to the increase in pork products?

www.nationmaster.com...

see any islamic countries? how about Israel?

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   

err, it the old testament laws are all gone, then why is Murder still a crime, ohh, how about stealing?

anyone, anyone, anyone?

Why Can't I Own a Canadian?
October 2002

Dr. Laura Schlessinger is a radio personality who dispenses advice to people who call in to her radio show. Recently, she said that, as an observant Orthodox Jew, homosexuality is an abomination according to Leviticus 18:22 and cannot be condoned under any circumstance. The following is an open letter to Dr. Laura penned by a east coast resident, which was posted on the Internet. It's funny, as well as informative:

Dear Dr. Laura:

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate. I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the other specific laws and how to follow them:

When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness - Lev.15:19- 24. The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination - Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?

Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?

I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? - Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

Your devoted fan,
Jim www.humanistsofutah.org...

...and pork causes cancer? Like, whatever, Dude.

I'd stay out of the sun.

And to get back to the thread, because he wants to

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

13I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

14Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

15For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

www.biblegateway.com...

Seems pretty simple, keep the comandments or die............those who mock God's law will surely die...........

Barack Hussien Obama is the Islamic name of a man, who by keeping this name mocks God's law by following the vile lie that is Islam. Islam denies Christ is the son of the living God who came, died, and was risen.

Jesus — The Koran denies point blank that Jesus was the Son of God (Sura 112:2-3). It also denies His atoning sacrifice by claiming that he never died (Sura 4:157). A substitute died for Him on the Cross. Jesus was translated to Heaven, like Enoch, where He will remain until He returns to kill all pigs, destroy all crosses, and convert the world to Islam. Jesus will marry, reign for 40 years and then die and be buried next to Muhammad in Medina.8 Jesus is characterized in the Koran as nothing more than “an apostle of Allah” (Sura 4:171).

www.apologeticsindex.org...

By keeping this abomination of a name, he has turned his back against Christ. Turning your back to Jesus is also turning your back on God.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Seems pretty simple, keep the comandments or die............those who mock God's law will surely die...........Barack Hussien Obama is the Islamic name of a man, who by keeping this name mocks God's law by following the vile lie that is Islam...By keeping this abomination of a name, he has turned his back against Christ. Turning your back to Jesus is also turning your back on God.

I can only conclude that you eat Kosher, you don't trim your beard, and so forth. Pork, out. Shellfish, out. I think bunny is out, too...don't know about squirrel so you may be in luck.

Have you broken a cow's neck at the scene of an unsolved murder?(Deut. 21:4) Not sure if you can do eternity for that one, but you'd best not gossip about this. Indeed, is your incessant flaming of all things Obama not gossip? Can't do that (Ephesians 4:29)

My point, Sunshine, is that unless you keep all of the edicts...stoning adulterers, not mixing linen and wool, then you are a cafeteria Christian..."I'll have a little of this and some of that...big dollop of homophobia, please..."

And as such, and seeing as you regard the President as one who scoffs at the word of God...or is that G-d?...you may as well look forward to doing eternity side-by-each with your buddy Obama. Best get used to it.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Sunshine?, wow that was funny........oh you left mushrooms off the Kosher NOT list, "fungus" don't you know...........

By your mindset, the law was impossible to keep, problem....Jesus was perfect. And died because "man" is not. So just because YOU fail in the law means it should be ignored? That is why Jesus became human, died, and rose again, so you could be less than perfect, "in the law".....

God's law is absolute and perfect. Keep the comandments and ask forgiveness when you fail. Its the ignoring part God hates.........satan ignores, and is hated.........

Obama is pure satanic filth.........just wait and see...........or you could ignore the law, I hear the ending is really "hot" if you do.....

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
"Islam is a vile abomination", "a vile lie", Obama is "satanic Muslim filth"?

There I was thinking such language against a group of people was banned on ATS?

Such hatred being spouted by you, but what makes you feel so special you feel you can spew this disgusting language against a whole group of people?

You infer anyone who isn't a Christian is a "vile abomination" and is to be hated, but surely this is against the teachings of Christ?

You such a hypocrite and I find you totally distasteful. You should take a long look in the mirror and wonder if Jebus would be happy at your behaviour.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
When we look up at clouds to see if any look like something recognizable to us, we project onto the cloud what we want to see. I think that this is what is happening to Barack Hussein Obama. (If his mother had given him her maiden name, he would have been Barack Hussein Dunham.)

People will project onto Obama their hopes, their fears, their anger. Some will be reminded of his white, middle class family Kansas upbringing and think how refreshing to have someone who has such middle American values in the office of POTUS.
Two people will see him as the multicultural future of America: one will be proud that America can produce a world leader who can be comfortable in different world cultures, the other will be horrified, not just perhaps due to the terribly outdated idea that skin color matters (going beyond racism to supremacy), but giving in to personal religious fears of a nation literally "going to hell", where the "other" is seen as the devil himself.

It is sad whenever anyone of any faith is filled with such hatred, such religious supremacy, that they no longer are capable of loving a fellow human being. It is even sadder that such hatred is taught, passed on to younger generations.

Jesus fought the devil himself, but did not go around trying to find the devil in others. He told those around him to love one another unconditionally as he had loved them. And to be aware of their own personal actions which would do otherwise. He taught that we should ask for forgiveness of others, that we need to love our enemies, not that one's enemy could give a flying fig about accepting our forgiveness or returning love in return. No, asking for forgiveness and loving one's enemy was meant to make an individual a better human being, an example for others to follow. We fall short of the abundance of the Gift of Life we were given when we cannot find it in our hearts to do these things.

Those who would spew hatred, those who would do harm to others, and those that encourage such hatred and harm, should find no resting place in civil society. It is one thing to hold political leaders accountable and to be able to freely demonstrate citizen discontent, it is quite another to demonstrate hatred.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   

His (mother) and grandparents who actually raised him called him "barry" for far longer than he decided to call himself "barack". It is an obvious sign of his complete hatred for all things christian and american. He only became prez to destroy both chrisitanity and america. The very thing his vile father satan spawned him to do............

Ok, I have to give it up to the OP. You are either a comedic genius working in a not-so-subtle way to expose the ridiculousness of the religious right, or you're a moron.

I forgot, is Obama Islamic or Satanic? Perhaps he should change his name to Lucifer? I think if you did some research, you would be absolutely flabbergasted by many of the extreme similarities between Islam and Christianity. They have a few different words for different things, but the general concepts are all strikingly similar. link

Seriously though, if this is all a joke I apologize for my animosity. I did get a really good laugh out of it, after all. Thanks again, I needed that.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
C'mon.... really? It's his name. It's the same reason that at 31 I don't like being called Mr. by teenagers....I would rather them call me by my first name. It's a personal decision. The question you should ponder is if Obama is a muslim, why would he attend a christian church his whole life?? I don't care if he's christian, muslim or venusian.... religion needs to be kept out of politics....take a look around the world.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Jees who cares, its his born name, he likes it. For example when I was younger I had a nickname all my friends called me and around when I was 20 or so I started asking them if theyd just call me my real name. I see this as the same thing. Don't read so much into everything. And no offense but I've read some of your other posts on here and you seem like some anti muslim crusader for some reason. I don't personally know any muslims in the middle east but I have some friends here in the states that are muslims (all though they dont really practice the religion) and they are some of my best friends and the nicest people I know (their parents/families are kind of strict, but the younger ones are really good people, atleast all the ones I've met and know)

[edit on 21-6-2009 by jouseroni]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
Because it's his name.

Sort of like how despite not being a Christian, I keep my Christian name.

omgwtfbbq, right?

Seriously, some people will freak out over anything.

His (mother) and grandparents who actually raised him called him "barry" for far longer than he decided to call himself "barack". It is an obvious sign of his complete hatred for all things christian and american. He only became prez to destroy both chrisitanity and america. The very thing his vile father satan spawned him to do............

Oh and don't go to the rev wright church lie..........rev wright is about as christian as Osama bin Ladin or the nut job running iran..........

As time moves forward barry will discover publically his roots to Islam.......something he has always held close.

Wow no offense but you sound like such a hateful person, jees. Exactly the kind person I do not hang around. And in my opionon christian and america should not be in the same sentence. I don't think ANY religion should be associated with government (even though it kind of is). Don't bother responding cause I'm sure it will be full of seething negativity hatred, and I won't read it. Some of you on this board are so paranoid lol.

LOL helio i just read more of your posts and you are so uneducated I just have to laugh at you. I always know people are kooks when the only proof of things they can post is things from the bible. AHAHAHHAHAHAHAA.

I'm very wiling to bet that what this all boils down to is you have hatred towards blacks/brown people. Or you are a christian and this just boils down to hatred and non tolerance for all other religions.

I personally am agnostic and happy to not associate with religion because religion breeds rediculous extremist views in my opionon (and I'm not just talking about like christianity and islam im talking ALL religions, every religion has their idiotic extremists)

A lot of you guys preach peace and love and all kind of stuff when really you are some of the most prejudice/racist and generally most hateful people on the entire planet.

Also after reading this thread its good to see there is much more people who don't believe this crap then there is people who do. I only saw like 2 posts of people saying stuff like "obamas the antichrist" (I don't like obama either but he isnt any worst than any other president we have had for the last 50 years or so, in my opionon, I think the reason a lot of you just don't like him is because you are stupid hicks and think he has a funny name lol and because he is brown).

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by desert

America is supposed to be the home of the brave, but if we keep the old ways, the old illusions, out of fear of becoming less, we are actually setting this great nation up to fail. Shrinking America to fit into small ideas is not a good thing.

The problem is that so many white american leftist feel guilty for being white and give into the tyranny of the angry minority. Rather than be called racist by angry radicals, they make a great show of being "tollerant" rather than having actual values to live by and for. Obama was elected out of fear of being called racist. His life and record show only contempt for american values and christianity.

no obama was elected because basically his only competition was mccain and who in their right mind would want mccain (not saying obama is good but hes the lesser of 2 evils in my opionon). Also a lot of the people who voted for obama are young people and a lot of young people in this day and age arent racist and they are very tolerant of other people and they didn't want some stark raving mad old man as president. Trust me I have friends who voted for obama and it had nothing to with feeling guilty. You are rediculous man, I don't even know why i'm posting a mesage to you. I bet you are a inbred retard who lives in a barn in the south and probably doenst even know ONE SINGLE PERSON who is different then you (no offense to southern people, I'm not talking about all of you, just the rednecks)

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   

reply to post by seagull

Please find me an Islamic founding father...........there is none.......Islam is a complete abomination to God. Electing an prez with islamic roots who recently claimed america is no longer a christian nation is an abomination to God, the founding fathers, and the millions of warriors who shed blood for this country. The blessings america once enjoyed have become curses just as indicated in Lev.

Obama has already destroyed a once blessed and great nation. Now the american people will suffer "leadership" all the way to nuclear hell at the hands of his islamic brothers........

Tollerance, such an evil and twisted word..........has lead to openly gay abominations, millions of murdered babies through abortion, a vastly growing central gov that will strangle the entire country with its insanity.

Gone forever are the days of "God Bless America" being sung from every large gathering of faithful americans. Even now the vile "call to prayer" can be heard in american cities, yet the ten comandments must be removed from sight...........

Gear-up america, the tribulation is at hand, perhaps obamassiah can save you? Save you to follow him into hell.............

not everyone believes in god and bases their whole life around god, for christ sakes man. Its people like you that really scare me in this world to be honest. So full of hatred and anger. How can you have such seething hatred for a whole race of people? Or hate people just cause of their religion? You claim you are christian but what you saying is just as bad as these muslim extremists I'm willing to even bet you don't even know one person who isnt white and doesnt share the same views as you. I don't believe in any one god (I'm agnostic) have i turned my back to jesus? Am I going to burn in hell while people like you full of hatred, fear and anger go to heaven? I highly doudt that.

I bet you are part of that church run by that dispicable family I can't remember their names but they always protest with their signs that say "god hates fags" and stuff. I think people refer to them as americas most hated family. lol I live near san francisco and some of the idiots from that church came here one year to protest something and they got their asses kicked by a bunch of gay guys... like literally beat into the ground people were cheering them on and stuff... the cops didnt even really stop them ahahahahhaah. I don't like violence but I must say I completely agree with what they did and it was a beautiful site (and im not gay by the way I have a wife and a daughter, but it still was nice to see people stand up to those idiots)

And also to the mods this guys posts are FULL of hatred PURE hatred and racism... he even said a few things about gays... how in the hell is he allowed to post this stuff? If you mods don't edit or delete his posts please explain to me why hes allowed to say that stuff? I'm sure these posts anger more people than just me, and it isnt just his opionon hes posting he is posting HATE. Ever think maybe there is muslim people reading these boards (and I'm sure there is) and would be offended by this?

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

excuse, the short post, but who gives a [snip] what his name is?

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 24-6-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join