It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does obama keep the islamic name?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

That's exactly what it is.

"It sayunds funny!"

I could care less if our president was a purple luciferian. If he's doing us wrong, he's doing us wrong. All of which has nothing to do with Islam, but all to do with his alliances with banks and his never ending fight for corporate favoritism over the welfare of the citizens. No ALLAH, JESUS, or ELOHIM about it.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

This really is a simple question. Why keep the islamic name? If he isn't really Islamic, then WHY?

i don't think that "Obama" is an islamic name since u r not asking about another name !!

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Obviously it is because he is a muslim.The U.S.A. is headed for disaster with this lying traitor holding office.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles
I find this to be slightly pandering to the "ONOZ Islam is bad!" crowd.

Slightly?

You have a gift for understatement.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
Because it's his name.

Sort of like how despite not being a Christian, I keep my Christian name.

omgwtfbbq, right?

Seriously, some people will freak out over anything.

His (mother) and grandparents who actually raised him called him "barry" for far longer than he decided to call himself "barack". It is an obvious sign of his complete hatred for all things christian and american. He only became prez to destroy both chrisitanity and america. The very thing his vile father satan spawned him to do............

Oh and don't go to the rev wright church lie..........rev wright is about as christian as Osama bin Ladin or the nut job running iran..........

As time moves forward barry will discover publically his roots to Islam.......something he has always held close.

You can't be serious. I hope you are joking.

You do know that one of America's most decorated Generals was a Christian with a Muslim name?

OMAR BRADLEY.

Here, read up on him and see if he was any danger to the USA because of his name.
www.arlingtoncemetery.net...

I really, truly hope you are joking...

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Facefirst

How about the countless American heroes that were of Arab decent or Muslim and their Muslim last names? Since when did a name became a dirty word?

How about America's first jet fighter ace Major James Jabber?

With family roots in the village of Merjayoun, Lebanon, standing only 5 feet, 5 inches tall, and needing to wear glasses, James Jabara was an unlikely candidate to become a hotshot American fighter pilot. But he was, and he was one of the hottest, his country's first jet ace, and a triple ace in Korea. In the Air Force community, if not to the American public, he was a legend.

www.acepilots.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
My first name is David, does that make me Jewish?
My middle name is John, does that make me a prophet?
My last name is of German heritage, does that make me a Nazi?
My nickname used to be DJ, does that mean I spin records?
Get a life.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   

His (mother) and grandparents who actually raised him called him "barry" for far longer than he decided to call himself "barack". It is an obvious sign of his complete hatred for all things christian and american.

It is also a sign that Americans of past generations found it difficult to wrap their minds around anything that was not WASP (White Anglo-Saxon Protestant), as WASP, especially male WASP, was a de facto symbol of being "American". You came to America, you "Americanized" your name to fit in. Everything that fell into America's melting pot was stirred to melt into WASP.

I would hope that the idea, that to be "American" means to give the illusion of being a WASP (by either a test of skin color, "passing", or changing the spelling or pronunciation of a (sur)name), is dying out with that generation from the past. Contrary to being "unAmerican", to do away with these illusions is the only way for America to continue to survive as a mature nation.

America is supposed to be the home of the brave, but if we keep the old ways, the old illusions, out of fear of becoming less, we are actually setting this great nation up to fail. Shrinking America to fit into small ideas is not a good thing.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   

God — The Koran asserts that the god of Islam is the God of Christians and Jews (Sura 29:46). Nothing could be farther from the truth.7

The god of Islam, Allah, is most definitely not the God of the Bible. Allah is presented in the Koran as an autocratic ruler who is aloof and arbitrary (Sura 5:40). Allah is unknowable whereas the God of the Bible is knowable (2 Timothy 1:12). Allah is impersonal, unlike the personal God the Scriptures reveal (1 Peter 5:6-7). Allah is unitarian (Sura 4:48) whereas the God of the Bible is trinitarian (2 Corinthians 13:14). Here is what the Koran says about the God of the Bible (Sura 4:171): “Believe in Allah and say not ‘Trinity.’ Cease! It is better for you! Allah is only One God. Far is it removed from his transcendent majesty that he should have a son.”

Allah is capricious (Sura 2:284), whereas the true God is trustworthy. And Allah is never anywhere presented as a god of love — which is the essence of the nature of the true God (1 John 4:7-16).

Jesus — The Koran denies point blank that Jesus was the Son of God (Sura 112:2-3). It also denies His atoning sacrifice by claiming that he never died (Sura 4:157). A substitute died for Him on the Cross. Jesus was translated to Heaven, like Enoch, where He will remain until He returns to kill all pigs, destroy all crosses, and convert the world to Islam. Jesus will marry, reign for 40 years and then die and be buried next to Muhammad in Medina.8 Jesus is characterized in the Koran as nothing more than “an apostle of Allah” (Sura 4:171).

www.apologeticsindex.org...

Obama's having been born and raised a Muslim and having left the faith to become a Christian make him neither more nor less qualified to become president of the United States. But if he was born and raised a Muslim and is now hiding that fact, this points to a major deceit, a fundamental misrepresentation about himself that has profound implications about his character and his suitability as president.

www.danielpipes.org...

All that you have proven to me with these quotations and websites is that:
A. Islam is different than Christianity- yep thats a given.
B. That he lived in a islamic country as a child.

I went to a catholic school when I was a kid because it was a lot better of a school than the other alternative, I was born and raised Jewish. I had to sit through seminary class. I also didn't pay attention and was acting like a child. What does that mean? Was I hiding my secret catholic agenda?

[edit on 12-6-2009 by born-indigo]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
He keeps the Islamic name because that's the one he wants at this time in his life. He's gone by so many names at so many different times... If you wait a few years I'm sure Barry will come up with a whole bunch of new ones to keep us amused.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by desert

America is supposed to be the home of the brave, but if we keep the old ways, the old illusions, out of fear of becoming less, we are actually setting this great nation up to fail. Shrinking America to fit into small ideas is not a good thing.

The problem is that so many white american leftist feel guilty for being white and give into the tyranny of the angry minority. Rather than be called racist by angry radicals, they make a great show of being "tollerant" rather than having actual values to live by and for. Obama was elected out of fear of being called racist. His life and record show only contempt for american values and christianity.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

Since a vote in America is private, I would posit that the guilty white leftist could just have easily have not voted for Obama in the privacy of the voting booth. McCain received 55% of white votes and even won more white female votes than Obama.

The idea of the guilty white leftist is a leftover of the baby boomer leftists. I do not find such "guilt" in young people. Obama received much support from younger voters, as well as support from demographics which had before voted Republican. Old guilty white leftists who would vote out of fear of being labeled racists (a subgroup of a subgroup...) were not responsible for his election.

Fear did play a part in electing Obama. People who feared where America was headed and/or feared personally for their job, their 401K, or disenfranchisement from American society or politics.

If someone is angry, ask what they are afraid of. For anger is often the result of fear. That is why those that stoke irrational fear, stoke unrighteous anger and its relative, hate. Jesus admonished his disciples not to fear; He admonished them not to hate. To act like Jesus Christ, to be Christian, would mean not to fear, not to hate. Fear and hate are not Christian values.

As far as really old leftists and values...even Bill Ayers has been married to the same woman for 37 years.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
OP, if he preferred to be called "Barry" your topic would be "Why does he want to be called Barry, why is he hiding his muslim name" or something like that. You probably spend all your time trying to find dirt on the man. He's gonna be president for at least 4 years and nothing you or anyone else says will change that so get over it.

Would you take a president named "Barry" seriously? He's the pres so he wants people to take him seriously and secondly, he wants to show people that he has nothing to hide.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
he should change it to something fitting his political views like adolph obama, or joseph stalin obama. or barack ahmadinejad. maybe one day well get lucky and he will get eulogized as barack obama the traitor to america.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Traitor, eh? Care to line up the proof there? He was fairly elected by a majority of the voters who could be bothered to vote... He's doing nothing less than what he said he'd do. I don't like it, probably won't like the other things he's going to try to push through before midterm elections. That's hardly grounds to make accusations of treason...what it really means is get yourself a better candidate next time...

Sourgrapes ill become many of you.

Part of President Obama's heritage is Islamic, his name reflects that heritage. So? Why don't you worry about something that's actually important like the fact that he's going to raise, or at least attempt to, our taxes, and other assorted illadvised programs...his religion is of little to no importance...it's his behaviour.

...and if he does for some strange reason convert to Islam? Big flippin' deal...I was lead to believe that America prides itself on it's religious tolerance, I'm disappointed to see that it may not be as wide spread as I once thought...

Pity...

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Please find me an Islamic founding father...........there is none.......Islam is a complete abomination to God. Electing an prez with islamic roots who recently claimed america is no longer a christian nation is an abomination to God, the founding fathers, and the millions of warriors who shed blood for this country. The blessings america once enjoyed have become curses just as indicated in Lev.

Obama has already destroyed a once blessed and great nation. Now the american people will suffer "leadership" all the way to nuclear hell at the hands of his islamic brothers........

Tollerance, such an evil and twisted word..........has lead to openly gay abominations, millions of murdered babies through abortion, a vastly growing central gov that will strangle the entire country with its insanity.

Gone forever are the days of "God Bless America" being sung from every large gathering of faithful americans. Even now the vile "call to prayer" can be heard in american cities, yet the ten comandments must be removed from sight...........

Gear-up america, the tribulation is at hand, perhaps obamassiah can save you? Save you to follow him into hell.............

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime Electing an prez with islamic roots who recently claimed america is no longer a christian nation is an abomination to God...The blessings america once enjoyed have become curses just as indicated in Lev.

Tollerance, such an evil and twisted word..........

Your signature reads:
"Freedom in Jesus means being released from the oral traditions, practices, customs of men and their false commandments. But keeping the commandments of GOD."

So I'm sure that you keep to all of what you find in Leviticus, you know, footballs, porkchops...eating Kosher.

And the only thing twisted about the word 'tollerance' is the fact that you spell it wrong.

What I know about Christianity is that Christ's giving of himself absolved us from those Old Testament laws, so you can relax now.

Obama? What did Shakespeare say? "That which we call a rose. By any other name would smell as sweet."

Waht did Grandpa say? "Ya can't polish a turd"

Either way, I certainly wouldn't worry about what Obama calls himself.

Actions, not words.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by JohnnyCanuck]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

reply to post by heliosprime

I think you'll discover, should you bother to look, that most of our Founding Fathers were not practising christians/catholics, they were, infact, Deists.

It does not matter a whit what the Founding Fathers were in their own religious practises, they protected the Freedom of religion, any religion from just this sort of nonsense of "my god can beat up your god" (like it's a playground, or something...).

What's in a name? Your screen name for instance "Heliosprime". Helios? A name for the Sun in Greek, the god of the Sun...my, my, a bit heretical don't you think? Better watch that, or someone is going to accuse you of trying to subvert all of Christendom...

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join