It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voight on Obama: The president is a 'false prophet'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Actor Jon Voight calls Obama a false prophet, and says that every decision he has made has been disastorous. Is this just more of the alleged racist Rush Limbaugh mentality of wanting to see a black President fail?

I personally, found his rhetoric offensive. What do you think?

Source

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I dont think it has anything to do with the color of his skin. He has made bad choices and that is what is being questioned and criticized. It has nothing to do with his skin color..

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

I rarely agree with actors but Voight makes sense Obama really hasn't managed to bring about any positive changes yet. That being said there's always later anything could happen but I won't hold my breath waiting.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
What american president could make any right choices, lol. I doubt the pres is in complete control, other than giving speeches.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I knew this was going to happen when he got elected. It started during his campaign and has continued, and WILL continue.

You do see that ever since this man has started running, this whole "racism" issue has gotten worse right? You do realize that its his campaign and his election that has made this more of an issue than before?

For the simple fact that any time anyone disagrees with him they are a racist.
If you dont agree with his policies, youre a racist.
If you dont think hes doing right by the country, youre a racist.
If you go to the tea parties or associate with anyone that wants to see what he is doing to the country undone, youre a racist.

If you call him a liar, and say that his whole "Change we can believe in" platform false because hes been showing more and more that it was.....your a racist.....

Im going to go vomit now.......

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Please what does skin have to do with anything? Anyway, Obama has lied, but what president hasn't. Why are his lies more focused on? Because the man is a symbol a HOPE, I do not want my symbol of HOPE lieing about stupid things like being a muslim, no reason for it...

Other than his lies, he really has not done anything "positive", what he has done however: is stall the inevitable downfall of wall street. Which is a good thing. But he hasn;t made anything "positive" happen. I am still waiting, I am sure it will come within his last 2 years, as things and his plans start to come together..

Of course I could be wrong, which would not surprise me at all..

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Yeah but do you not agree that calling him a false prophet is kind of hitting below the belt. He has never claimed to be a prophet.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Beach Bum

I was trying to think of something positive he has done so I could refute your post, but sadly I could not think of a thing.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
freedom of speech is a wonderful thing

especially when it's against the person most people believe is the second coming of christ

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Well I see your point about people screaming racism. It is like the little boy that cried "Wolf!". I just thought that calling him a false prophet was an underhanded way of saying he is really a Muslim.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Hes not calling him a false prophet in the literal sense....hes calling him a false prophet because he ran on a platform of change and hope....which he has hugely fallen short of......

has nothing to do with skin color........even the comment he made has no reference to race......i hate it when people draw these kind of outlandish conclusions.........

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I dont really know much about false prophets but what I do know I think calling him this is just crazy, but that is my opinion.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

I understand, sometimes people can read things different ways.......thats what makes us human......

thats why its nice to have boards like this to give all dif perspectives

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Prophets come in any Religion...why would you say calling him a false prophet is really calling him a Muslim?

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Yeah and I understand your side of everyone screaming racism at the drop of a hat and how that would lead one to vomit.

I was not trying to call Jon Voight racist as much as I was trying to understand his negative tone and calling him a false prophet. To me, that was like trying to infer that he is like the President of Iran who thinks he is the 12th Imam or whatever it is.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

OMG lol dont say that, wouldnt that be scary if they were all involved in it together?

naa i dunno, i suppose he could have meant it that way.....i dont guess there is any way to know except to come out and ask him if he truly meant it.

All i know is that these are some very troubling times we live in, and we are lucky to have forums like these where we can discuss, debate, and sometimes even scream out our opinions on such matters........

I couldnt imagine living in a place like China where we are regulated to what we can partake of on the internet!

Me and you wouldnt be able to have sparring matches!

Star and flag for your post man

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Thanks for the star and flag. I also realize that maybe I am reading into it a bit too much. He just seems really angry in that video.

I do appreciate that we live in a country where we can debate the issues freely and where a man of any race can become President of the USA.

Thanks for your contributions to the thread.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft

Yeah and I understand your side of everyone screaming racism at the drop of a hat and how that would lead one to vomit.

I was not trying to call Jon Voight racist as much as I was trying to understand his negative tone and calling him a false prophet. To me, that was like trying to infer that he is like the President of Iran who thinks he is the 12th Imam or whatever it is.

The reason I think Jon Voight used the label "false prophet," is due to the general consensus we saw among Obama supporters during the campaign and even now. There are clearly messianic undertones to his message during the campaign and you could see it on the faces of his supporters. He clearly had them enthralled.

However, a prophet is supposed to substantiate their message. At present Obama hasn't been able to substantiate his promise from the campaign and in that sense he has been a false profit at this point. I don't think Mr. Voight should be labeled a racist for his opinion of the President.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
He's made lots of really nice speeches about stuff . Stuff is very important these days.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
didn't Jon Voight make the news during the election speaking out against Obama?

It is really unusual for anyone in hollywood to speak out against Obama. As for the false prophet thing, I agree with the others here. It is likely a point to his promises.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join