It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[Update!] Federal Reserve SUBPOENAED

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Too bad this is political masturbation.

Some harsh words will be exchanged between the fed and lawmakers and in the end nothing will come of it as usual.

To me it seems more like a little misdirection to keep the sheeple busy while current problems go unaddressed

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Marg,

I agree 100%.

Let's just pretend to spank them and maybe the public won't lynch us. lol

Yet another "Red Herring" for the masses.

Originally posted by marg6043
Don't hold your breath too much this smells like political play for the enjoyment of an increasing very angry mob within this nations citizens.

I can imagine the opening statement with Bernanke,

(Congressional inquiring)----How are you doing today Mr. Bernanke?----

(Bernanke) ----I am still working to save the economy as you all know----

(Congressional butt kissers) ---- Yes we know and you are doing such a great job we are forever (indebted) to you, and so the tax payer.

But not to worry this just off the record, we need to keep the masses occupied you know so just go alone with the show.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Did someone say that Wendy's has a new sandwich... I love Wendy's, what were we talking about?

Seriously though, I agree that some silly little thing will happen; wacko will have 9 babies, water main break (as said earlier), baseball player will admit to steroids, MJ will molest another child, etc, etc. If there is any "news" about the Fed, it will be released on Friday afternoon and soon forgotten by the masses.

yes, I am pessimistic about our future.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Heres The Washington Posts Article.
Congress subpoena Federal Reserve

The lawmakers' subpoena comes after claims that top government officials pressured Bank of America Corp. CEO Ken Lewis to complete the bank's purchase of Merrill Lynch, threatening his job security. Lewis has testified that he had been advised by the officials, former Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson and Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke, not to disclose details of Merrill Lynch's difficult financial position, according to New York State Attorney General Andrew Cuomo

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Win1892

Or a shooting will occur at the Holocaust Museum: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm sure this was just a coincidence, but it does strike me as a bit odd. Then again, distractions! distractions! red herring initiated!

Off to Wendy's I go.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I am shocked... Shocked and stunned..

Why?

Let me tell you why....

This is one of the biggest and best bits of news that many of us are going to hear for a long time.. This is the kind of news we have all been waiting for and urging, willing to happen..

This is the type of news that would make the Zeitgeist movement jump for joy.

CNBC
Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Federal Reserve’s balance sheet is so out of whack that the central bank would be shut down if subjected to a conventional audit, Jim Grant, editor of Grant’s Interest Rate Observer, told CNBC.

With $45 billion in capital and $2.1 trillion in assets, the central bank would not withstand the scrutiny normally afforded other institutions, Grant said in a live interview.
www.prisonplanet.com...

Why has this news been moved to this Breaking Political News forum?
This thread should be where it started, in the Breaking Alternative News forum.
Politics is politics. Giving the Fed (not political) a subpoena (a legal demand) should not be confused with politics even if a government issued it.

A subpoena (pronounced /səbˈpiːnə/ or pronounced /səˈpiːnə/) is commonly defined as a written command to a person to testify before a court or be punished.

More accurately, a subpoena is the conditional threat of punishment made by a governmental authority. It is attached to a command, so that if the recipient does not do as commanded then he may be punished. Subpoenas are associated with common law legal systems.

There are two common types of subpoenas:

* A subpoena ad testificandum orders a person to testify before the ordering authority or face punishment.
* A subpoena duces tecum orders a person to bring physical evidence before the ordering authority or face punishment.
en.wikipedia.org...

Would giving Walt Disney a subpeona for not paying his taxes be a political issue?

This news is not getting the attention it deserves here. This is only my opinion as there may be more to this issue as to why it was moved here. If so, I'd love an explanation

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

I tell you what Bernanke is going to be made the fall guy for the approach that he took to fix the economy, that's because he is about to be replaced, nothing but a pony show until the next chosen one comes around.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles

Benanke needs a swift kick in the butt anyway, guy pretty much ruined our entire economy. Not to mention took a sledge hammer the the rest of the worlds, breaking of 2 out of 4 support beams that are holding the world out of the flood waters.

Odd. I thought it was George W. Bush who did all that? Ask any liberal and they'll tell you. /*sarcasm off*/

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien

Politics is politics. Giving the Fed (not political) a subpoena (a legal demand) should not be confused with politics even if a government issued it.

Excellent point! Star for you!

The 'political' aspect of this can only be:

The political system of the United States of America has been, and continues to be, the single most culpable accomplice to the economic ruin of the nation. Each and every party member, the ideologues, the 'advisers', the haughty elite, are the people to whom we owe this reality.

Their proclaimed political affiliation is an expedient costume. Some may have recently noticed the 'ease' with which group members 're-brands' themselves.

This is not about politics.

It is about economic oppression of the highest order. This supranational bank cartel exists by the silent consent of a class of people who clearly owe their allegiance to anything or anyone except the constitutional Democratic Republic which I contend, would have done better without them and their partisan agenda

Sadly, we are convinced that our allegiance lies with these people, despite the very tangible detrimental effect they have on us and the world around us.

I won't digress into the history of the last century. But I can assure you that it's most relevant. The political environment was as irrelevant as the bought and paid for press could make it.

One century later, they are abandoned by their grateful beneficiaries, except for the owners, of course.

The Fed is just one doorway into the true nature of the powers behind the governments. The cartel has imposed the maxim that only IT can 'save' us. Meanwhile those of us who researched their direct complicity in the degradation of economies world-wide, are demonized as 'nut jobs' or mentally atrophied. These people have fomented war, encouraged want and despair, capitalizing on it at every turn. They are entrenched between virtually all supply and all demand. They neither toil, nor produce. Yet they are richer than everyone else and will not tolerate any social order that threatens that condition.

It's like having a doctor who keeps you sick, so he can continually apply his 'treatment.'

The Fed can't just 'go away'. If WE don't replace it with some unbiased institution, THEY will replace it with another "black box" that we are not allowed to look into, because we are obviously to feeble-minded to comprehend it.

1 + 1 = 2.

Mathematics is supposed to be a pure language.

Yet through their mathe'magical' wisdom, they have brought us to the brink of economic self-destruction.

If it is not too late to threaten their agenda (whatever that could be) they surely will make use of their most effective tools* to control us, distract us, or somehow ensure that we revert to mob-mentality to achieve that end.

Who knows? Maybe we still can do something to at least reassert that the citizens of the United States are not a people with whom to "play". Perhaps we can endure this humiliating flimflamming and come away, isolated economically, but also FREE economically! Is there a price too high to pay for such freedom, I wonder? I think that is the face of the beast itself.

Good luck everybody. We ARE going to need some. The odds always favor the house.... But often, fortune favors the foolish, the prepared, and the brave... hey, we outnumber them!

(Don't look now folks, but we have ALWAYS outnumbered them by orders of magnitude!)

[edit on 10-6-2009 by Maxmars]

* - by tools I mean, fear, hate, terror, anger, vanity, pride, greed, shame, and guilt. Such are the tools that serve them.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by Maxmars]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join