It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is the biggest disinformation spreading agency in the world

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by alyosha1981

Thank you for going through the work to put those links up.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
While outlandish stories and theories abound on ATS, there are some very valid and convincing arguments.
I myself have posted a few wild theories.
The notions are very real to me, but perhaps not to others.
I have at times battled over some minuscule detail, only to be berated, upon giving an answer.
Now I will go out on a limb here and state, for the record:
I believe in aliens, and that they have visited Earth, and either have influenced us, or are still doing so.
I also believe in accelerated human potential, and that we as a species ore on a precipice, either of destruction or enlightenment.
If "you" believe what I have stated, it is actually immaterial to me.
I believe it.
That is what matters.
That being said, there must be some basis for why I believe what I do.
Either I can prove it or I can't.
I have all the proof I need to believe in something.
Again, your opinion on whether you believe me or not is immaterial.
On the same token, I cannot expect anyone to believe me without proof, or would I try to make anyone believe.
I can only ask questions on the assumption that what I am asking or stating is correct in the eyes of those I ask.
So in that respect, there are a lot of stories on ATS, and it makes for interesting reading.

Perception is 9/10ths of reality.
You must fel the other 10th.

[edit on 9/6/2009 by reticledc]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
This is absolutely a rediculous thing to post here on yedda.com????

ATS what they heck is that?

There is no such web site as Above Top Secret dot com!

And...and this is a big and...if there was such a site as Above Top Secret dot com I doubt it would have such a thing as a disinformation agent.

In fact I checked in the dictionary and asked at the bar there is no such word or agent known to anyone anywhere in Martian history.

What are you going to post next?

That there could be life on planet Earth? Ha

I will believe that one when I see it.

Oh well the moon is about to come up, time to go to the beach and work on my tan!

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

You certainly have an active imagination

I think this thread is starting to lose it's point

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
A lot of people on this website are way too gullible and just want to believe anything that's different. Some of them get over it and some never do.
It happens anywhere and everywhere in life though.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Deus Ex Machina 42

Did you consider that perhaps the truth of things is interconnected, and many websites have a glimmer of a piece of it. People here mine from their own thoughts, and from various places on the web.

We discuss, and personally arrive at a conclusion or not........ but WAIT! That's not the best part. the best part is, sometimes we get a fleeting glimpse at an element of the whole.

I think that's what you see -- a part of it, a puzzle piece, and instead of being grateful for the human-generated interactions that occur here that helped you get your puzzle piece, you choose to disdain all the rest that didn't help................. or so you think.

Could that be possible? I'm not racking on you, I'm asking a question.

I think all of this info here, ALL of it is in some way invaluable..... it either serves to illuminate, instruct, provide clues, or it helps a person galvenize their beliefs. You don't think you're an alien? Fine, I don't know, but I don't think you are either. I don't think I am.

Did you know that before you came to ATS?

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destroyed
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

You certainly have an active imagination

I think this thread is starting to lose it's point

There really is no point to threads like this.

Free will allows people to choose their own unique versions of the truth.

I am not a fan of Zionists or Israel but one of the most intriquing things I have ever heard someone say was an Israeli who told me they have a saying in Israel, "two Israels and three opinions."

That struck me as rather profound on several levels.

When ever you do have two people weighing in on something there are usually at least three opinions!

I won't say it's not possible for humans to one day get to the point where they all agree on everything all the time, but boy I will say this...that would be pretty darned scary if they all agreed on something that turned out to be completely wrong.

Well I am late for my flat earth society meeting...got to got to got to go!

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
As with getting to the end of your life,so as with getting to the truth.
Experiencing and learning until you get to the answer.

Without the crap in either,would we fully appreciate the knowing at the end?

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Good post, this site is far from its title of denying ignorance. I've read discussions where the site owners will let the most ridiculous discussions by people who have no idea what they are talking about go on and on but have shut down threads on intelligent people trying to have rational discussions about controversial subjects. Just look around the borders of this website to see who is pulling the strings here....the same people who want to keep you all happily buying crap you don't need, watching crap to rot your brain and eating crap to slowly kill you.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I actually haven't been 'enlightened' at all by my time here; my search for answers began long before I ever posted here, and while there are sometimes bits of data (intriguing and informational), most topics and concepts I have had knowledge of for some time and nothing I have ever read here 'changed my world'.

That said, what I have learned a great deal about here is people. About behavior, belief systems and so on.

And I've learned alot about the workings of the 'fringe' community as well (UFO and so on).

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankinmouse

What you have to realize is, that ATS isn't being run as a 'point of light in the darkness', but rather something more mundane - a business. And in recent months it's about creating a news service based on community content.

It's an innovative take on the state of journalism, utilizing the very group hive mind of the internet and it's "me me me" world of bloggers.

But when threads disappear, when rules are made, it's not out of some 'conspiracy', but rather, because they're bad for the business model. They're careful to cater to the search engines and sometimes content can harm standing. ATS doesn't want to be 'censored' out of it's position on the internet. That position generates traffic, which generates revenue.

Keep that in mind the next time you see a thread get closed down and it doesn't make sense.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5ubc0nsc10u5
then make your own site, and call it "Below Top Secret" and see how many people sign up for your site.

I think that site is taken.

Below Top Secret

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Something that I have noticed is disappearing threads.

I use an RSS reader to skim news sites and only view the stories that sound interesting.

There have been quite a few stories that I went to view and they were not available.

I can understand closing redundant threads, but why outright deletion?

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Deus Ex Machina 42

I enjoy ATS, usually. I agree with what you say except, it is not ATS the site the is feeding you disinfo it is the users. Everybody's got a theory and everybody is right.
I'll tell you this much, it's cured me of most of my paranoia. Whether "they're out to get us" or not doesn't matter to me so much anymore after reading some of these crazy threads. I find myself wondering, even if "they are out to get us" how much better would it be if some of the people on this site were in charge of things. In the end, people are just crazy.
It's a good time

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Jadette

Jadette, I agree with you. I also think that what many of us think (or have at some time thought) is a conspiracy is really just some sort of business model. The kind of business model that makes those on the inside rich and powerful and the rest of us on the outside confused and angry. It's a conspiracy of greed. That is all.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Thanks for responding everyone, and I looked at the other links and yeah I'm not surprised.

Have the mods ever commented?

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
As this subject gets brought up every couple of months, there is a central thread for the topic.

AboveTopSecret.com is a Government COINTELPRO Disinformation Operation

Thread closed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join