It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is the biggest disinformation spreading agency in the world

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Now the true question is: Is it intentional? Or are people actually trying to find out the truth, in any way possible? On every board on ATS, there are several topics that you can tell are just NOT true, but yet people still choose to believe them. Why? That is the question I'm trying to figure out.

The motto of ATS is to 'Deny ignorance', but I see so much acceptance of it that it's the most ironic thing on the internet, it's as if it's some big inside joke, and most on ATS are just talking out of their asses.

Seriously, I have discussed this with many people-while I and many others enjoy this site, and feel at home with our paranoia and interests, I just can't get over the fact that something is "off". It almost seems as if people on this site are just a little TOO gullible to be true.

It would be sad if people are really trying to find the truth, but the ones that bring this disinfo here are holding us true believers back. They're keeping us from achieving our full potential, from finding out the truth in this world.

Does anyone agree?

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
In the search for the truth one must dig through a pile of poo to find it.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I'd say the fact nobody seems to be replying to this thread means you could be right. But then what do you expect? Disinformation is everywhere in life. It's kind a bound to be on the planet's biggest alternative forum board when you think about it.

But then that's what makes it interesting, sifting through the real and the fake

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Deus Ex Machina 42

Well I do see your point about the irony of this site, but we are all entitled to our own belief systems.

We must accept those around us and whenever their subjects or repsonses upset us, we should just act like adults and move on to something else.

We can simply step away and let them join together and follow each other down whatever road they want regardless of how ignorant it is.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Hmm...Well, I see what you're saying. There is a lot of BS that floats around the Internet. However, there a LOT of conspiracies on here that are definitely obviously true. The whole 9/11 conspiracy, to me, is very easy to believe. I don't think it's very fair to make a generalization of people talking out of their asses. If you would like you criticize this website, which is in existence to try and uncover what really goes on this crazy world, then make your own site, and call it "Below Top Secret" and see how many people sign up for your site.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
This channel is a conspiracy channel, so what do you expect? Most stories and theories are in my view for amusement...
I`m here mostly for the Alien agenda, which is the theory i believe in...Other stories are quite fun to read through thu

Biggest disinformation channel out there, have to be FOX news...I`m from Norway, and even here FOX made a name for themselves as "twister" of the truth...Alex Jones`s Infowarriors are not so far behind...

ATS is THE forum for people to share experiences, theories, unexplainable stuff...

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by noroman
This channel is a conspiracy channel, so what do you expect? Most stories and theories are in my view for amusement...
I`m here mostly for the Alien agenda, which is the theory i believe in...Other stories are quite fun to read through thu

Biggest disinformation channel out there, have to be FOX news...I`m from Norway, and even here FOX made a name for themselves as "twister" of the truth...Alex Jones`s Infowarriors are not so far behind...

ATS is THE forum for people to share experiences, theories, unexplainable stuff...

I completely agree with you. FOX really tries to pull the wool over peoples eyes. Luckily for me and people like you, we don't fall for that crap. Cheers.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
ATS is like a conspiracy buffet. Some things are to our liking and others we wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole. I do agree that we have to sift through the garbage sometimes to find the jewels. Yet some threads are so ridiculous that I don't bother past the first post. We all have different boats and they all float on what interests us most.

Whatever floats your boat is fine with me, just don't try to float mine on it.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I think there are just some folks who choose to believe that everything is a conspiracy. Without rational thought they give a thumbs up to a post about a kids experience with the green goblin last night. On the other hand, there have been some crazy sounding ideas that after a bit of research turned out to have a bit of clout. Like tentickles said, there is a bunch of crap to deal with. There will always be the super debunker who thrives on taking the opposite side of rational thought. They are here for our entertainment. If we all agreed on every topic, I would get bored and go back to blogging locally.
keep an open mind but not so open that things fall out.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I've always said that the real disinformation agents are you and you and you - and you don't even know it. The more 'noise', the better. The deeper the piles of bull, the harder to find the truth. That's why the 'nutters' are encouraged.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Good post man. Star for you. Looks like you woke the ATS crew up and got 'em posting on your thread. Very cool .............

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

It's a major site for discussing conspiracy theories, a large contribution of disinformation comes from the government themselves, using accounts to spread disinfo the same way they do it through youtube etc.

I doubt the owners of ATS are purposely spreading disinfo, I think their main concern is for ATS' success, and find it unlikely that they care what info is valid or not on this site, with the exception perhaps of the info they themselves have released.

Even more of the disinfo is spread by ignorance, a trait popular among humans, and very rarely intentional.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I think it is part of the learning curv.
Its just growing pains.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I've recently been told I could be an alien on this site.
I don't believe that for a second. I mean where do these people get their information? It's just been bored and having too much time on one's hands in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
It depends on what you see as truth and classify as disinformation.

But I get your point.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Perspective is reality, most believe in what they believe in for their own reasons not because ATS tells them. We all have the choice weather or not to click on certain threads, some are great and others not so great. As far as disinformation spreading on ATS, that's in the eye of the beholder, and the ability to separate the wheat from the chaff. Gullible? I think you don't give much credit to the membership as a whole with wording like that, it's almost an insult and certainly not well taken.

It should be noted that technically, this thread could be viewed as disinformation as it accuses this site of the very same. I like to live by three mantras, (1) be truthful, (2) tread lightly, (3) question everything. Best regards to the OP, as for me I'll decide what I believe on my own without anybody telling me what I should.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Disinformation is different from misinformation, and I think ATS is mostly just full of the latter.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Listen, this is nothing personal to the mods or the site owners, but something has been buggin me since I first came here:

The name AboveTopSecret.com. Now, disinformation aside, wouldn't that name in itself create red-flags?
So with that in mind (and I'm not being paranoid here, because I have no plans to overthrow the government), wouldn't the NSA and DoD have some part of this site, if not shadow-monitoring it?

If government conspiracies are indeed true (And some of them are pretty juicy IMO), and if I were the intel agencies, hell yeah I'd be on that like white on rice!

Just something that's been bugging me for a long time. I mean, I only started coming here for the UFO phenomenon (and to find the meaning of life - haha), so I wouldn't think that *I* myself have anything to worry about. But when you see topics (mostly NWO-related) about a call to arms against the government and how you're gonna nail them, I mean - come on. Are you serious? I really hope that the people who start those topics are LEO's or agents, because if not, these dudes are flagged big-time. And now they're definetly gonna be on a list (sorry, but let's face facts).

So if my theory is correct, then yeah. Perhaps there are dis-info agents. Or perhaps not.

Just go by your gut, don't believe everything you read (I've fallen prey to that before
), and for god's sake: Why would you post in a forum about what guns you're gonna be using to fight the NWO, because check it out: If the NWO thing is BS, the conspiracy theorist isn't going to believe the truth anyway, so there you have a threat to National Security.

Sorry to drop the bomb (NO PUN INTENDED!!! I MEAN IT! PLEASE!
), but come on people. Use logic here. That's all I'm saying...

May we all find whatever truth we need to find, and use it RESPONSIBLY - WITHOUT HURTING OTHERS! (Flame me if you will - I don't care.)

Edit to fix my italic code on the word "without"... Chill...

[edit on 6/9/2009 by impaired]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deus Ex Machina 42
Now the true question is: Is it intentional? ....I just can't get over the fact that something is "off".... the ones that bring this disinfo here are holding us true believers back. They're keeping us from achieving our full potential, from finding out the truth in this world."

There is an exact answer to this: Many ATS members are covertly members of subnetworks that are "somehow" related to the NWO-(ueber-)network. For instance financially related subnetworks that profit from secret NWO projects. Or numerous 'otherwise related' subnetworks. Many of these members have of course vested interests in assisting to cover up "delicate" parts of the NWO/Alien truth.

[edit on 9-6-2009 by CoolBlackHole]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by impaired

This has been discussed to death, is ATS monitored? probably but I think more pressing issues exist for TPTB to watch then what we talk about here, heres some links to get you started.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...&colorshift=yes&colorshift=yes

<<   2 >>

join