It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you greet an extraterrestrial? (LA Times)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

What's the proper conversation starter when greeting an alien?
How about, "This is Earth speaking. We would like to know you. Please reply." Less graciously but perhaps more honestly, you might offer, "Down here we are all confused." And by the way, if you do come for a visit, please "don't kidnap us and poke us. We hate that."

Source of Quote

With ATS experiencing its quarterly resurgence of Disclosure Fever, what is your most likely scenario (if any) for disclosure?

It's my belief it will be gradual, not a bombshell. The "Mars Meteorite" as well as numerous other watered down science stories on methane on Mars etc have gotten the public ready for the idea of "life" at least on a cellular level.

Numerous exoplanets, a few even in the "Goldilocks" zone have gotten the public used to the idea of numerous and possible habitable worlds.

I think the next step will be that nice safe "signal" from a nice safe far away place.

Thoughts?

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I think it's going to come from the China/Japan/India moon missions.
Something will be revealed..

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by whiskeypoet

I think we're already in disclosure, and it's end will be marked by one of the big powers.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I would great it by kicking its legs out from under it, wrestling it into submission, and taking it on a national tv tour. Well, that is usually what I do whenever I meet something new and unusual, and I am getting too old to change.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I would probably play them some Hendrix on my guitar and see if their brains don't fry lol.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5ce34f8107ca.jpg[/atsimg]

Just in case...

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I would look into their eyes silently. Neither of us speaking a word, but simply knowing what comes next.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by angrysniper

LMAO, what does come next? A soft tender embrace, followed by a long passionate kiss?

Second line

[edit on 9-6-2009 by grapesofraft]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

Well, It depend if aliens or hot or not

But personally, I would ask them to give me the most powerfull computer they have with duke nukem forever, if it is available up there, who knows
or to take me out of this awful world/society.

[edit on 6/9/09 by ufopunx]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticPerhaps

I think we're already in disclosure, and it's end will be marked by one of the big powers.

I agree completely, it's only a matter of time and gradually the secrets are already pouring out.

France and Brazil, Uruguay, and others have released UFO files just recently and I believe more, bigger and better releases are coming soon.

Though I could be wrong.

[edit on 9-6-2009 by BaronVonGodzilla]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft
reply to post by angrysniper

LMAO, what does come next? A soft tender embrace, followed by a long passionate kiss?

Second line

[edit on 9-6-2009 by grapesofraft]

!!!!

Good one!

I, however, would be a little more serious. I would ask them, "Where have you been?", and definetly give them a long hug (sounds corny - I know, but I'm still gonna do it if I get a chance!).

Then I would give one of them a wet willy and say, "Welcome to Earth! You just got served!!".

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I do not think it will happen in my life, even though i think the government does know etc..., and they cannot really do much to stop them.

But humans are not ready.

We still live in a world where society cannot accept that a man does not want to have sex with a female.

Something basic like that is what makes people afraid, one day that will change.

[edit on 6/9/2009 by andy1033]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

I think we may be ready to know. I don’t think we are ready to play. At least I wouldn’t allow us in the club without a little (a lot) more tolerance, equality and a couple hundred years of peace and well practiced human rights. But that's all speculation.

The way we rascally humans think we could discover the break through tomorrow that puts us among the stars without all those easy reverse engineered doo-hickies.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I would greet them the same as i greet a lot of people that come to my home, with the comment "help yourself to a beer in the fridge and can you get me one while your there"

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Dzlr40

That, my friend, is diplomacy at its highest. Hospitality and libations solved many a dispute and solidified many a friendship before

If we are lucky, maybe they'll bring us some of that Romulan Ale I keep hearing about... Oh wait, that's a t.v. show....

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
very
maybee give them some condoms to chew on after you greet them with the middle finger for flying around and abducting us for so long before actualy trying to make contact .....I would be like WTF>?

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Disclosure is currently going on here on ATS. Check out the videos and photographs currently being shown. Most aliens have no ears and their vocal chords are unlike ours. I personally drove out to their Saucer and gave them a ride to my house. The deepest truth must be spoken in jest.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by debris765nju

Wow. Can you have them swing by? I'd be happy to tape an interview with them, they can even write their own questions! I'll have it on YouTube before the night is out. They can just scan my IP and vector in on my Iphone. Actually, I’ll upload it here and give our members first look!

BTW, if they don’t care for whiskey I have a full bar as well as an extensive collection of wine from Paso and Sonoma and some wonderful home made Hefeweizen (slight hint of banana). If ethyl alcohol is not their poison of choice they can help themselves to any household chemicals that might fit the bill.

As you said, truth in jest.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Who says aliens will be friendly and non-threatening?

Biology is merciless, and "goodness" may not be a universal personality trait. Infact, it's not even a universal personality trait in the only intelligent life we know of -- homo sapiens.

Either way, any intelligent alien life that has the technology to visit earth is already ahead of our technology, therefore we are probably at their mercy -- lets hope they know what mercy is.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I would say I knew you were real, then I would ask what they like to eat and I hope they dont say me...hehe then I would invite them to dinner. Why not I say?! If they are friendly and I believe some are, why not be nice and offer them brownies or a casserole like many do for new neighbors?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join