It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Color of my Death - Poem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
This is my first attempt at writing anything poetic. It felt strange to write something so dark and gloomy. Hopefully that means I am more of an upbeat person!
-----

What is the color of my death? What hue will be at the end?

It will not be any of those that have stained the journey of my life.

The bruised purples that were my moments of pain will not grace the finale.

The sickly yellows of my poor health shirk the duty of seeing me out.

Vehement reds have been my companions while loathing human suffering, but abandon me as time closes.

The pinks that have filled my face throughout my embarrassments are only too happy to flirt with others when I go.

Shrouds of black have covered me in alienation but will leave me as I stand for judgment.

Unrequited envies have caused shades of green to bathe me, but green escapes, too.

I have opened my eyes on gray hopelessness faithfully, but in the face of climax, gray wanders as well.

I now know the color of my death. It will be the one pigment that was absent from my life.

When I die, I will go into the purity of white.

[edit on 9-6-2009 by Cameoii]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Awesome Cameoii!! This is a gem, I loved it. I just wanted to let you know that I really enjoyed this piece. I thought my stuff was dark; this is poignant and beautiful without being cliché. Not easy to do but you have a gift. Kudos

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Colorful

Not bad at all. I enjoyed it. I took a stab at some writing earlier, check out my profile if you like.

I liked it though.

I had my Napster running at the time with Michael Adams - Mad World playing in the background. I think that complements it well.

Peace.

Edit to add S&F

[edit on 12-6-2009 by Ace High]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Thank you both for your replies. As I said earlier, this is my first attempt at poetry and it is much more bleak than the things that I usually write about. As a matter of fact I wrote it because my daughter writes poetry of this type, and I just wanted to see if I could do it, too!

new topics

top topics

join