It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Developing Shape-Shifting 'Transformers' for Battlefield

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by spikedmilk

I've seen videos from carnegie mellon (the university thats behind most of this) and trust me when I say that they are FAR from what their demonstration video exhibits. The smallest unit(s) they've made so far is almost 4.5 centimeters and it doesn't exactly have smooth operation. Its intended for modeling purposes only as I've read they never intend to simulate another objects chemical properties.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Topsy_Cret
Its about time.... to be honest I dont care where the tech comes from. it could be straight import form another planet, but I would love to see soliders fighting in Mechs ( mechanical suits ) Kinda like in the gundam series on TV. I mean why just send a hand full of troops into a battle when you can send a a group of Mechs. In my mind that would be best due to the weapons that would be able to carry and not to mention the scare factor. Just a thought

Please tell me you are kidding. I spent four years of my life in Uncle Sam's Navy back in the '70's. I think we were quite good at killing one another with the "primitive" weapons we had then, and we keep making them better. Shouldn't we be concerned about this???????

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Great, Transformers 10 the end as we know it. I hope in my lifetime i can see something like a transformer...i think the technology would be awesome and scary at the same time. If they could only use it for good and not evil then that would be the kicker, but we all know all this new tech is used for bad. Anyway, i hope i see something cool like that.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join