It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'US protectionist move may lead to countermove by India'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

We have all the energy we need in this country. We just have to go get it instead of relying on exploiting foriegn workers to meet our needs.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I think India has a lot more to lose in this war then America and lets be honest, the US has no choice but to do something to change the way things are going. America is on the path to bankruptcy and it needs to change it's strategy. I'm not a big fan of protectionism but America is perhaps a special case because they are by far the biggest consumers of foreign products, both volume wise and percentage wise vs exports.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Screw India. We don't need them, and they don't need us.

Here in Silicon Valley it was demeaning to train our replacements for the corporate buck. Brass handcuffs, 'you won't get your severance pay if you don't train your replacement'.

I watched many friends go unemployed for months after they trained three foreigners to do their one job for 1/10 the price each. Their families were not very understanding either.

No pity for India in Silicon Valley.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Gee I wonder what is worse having to deal with a call person who is in India or the Philippines ?

Gee how typical India is perfectly willing to accept the outsourcing of jobs that is good for there economy but are not willing to let anyone else in the door . New Zealand one was one of the first countries to remove trade barriers . Heck last year China finally got around to returning the favour by agreeing to a Free Trade Agreement with New Zealand . On the phone to John Key Obama was was positive about a US - New Zealand Free Trade Agreement . In the next instance he slaps subsides on American dairy farmers which is a part of some kind of trade war with the EU . All the while Obama is happy to have New Zealand assistance in Afghanistan .

top topics

<< 1   >>

join