It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHO chief: flu pandemic appears to be happening

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Has anyone else noticed that, as soon as Level 6 was declared, the numbers in every country jumped? The number of infected people doubled, trpled, went up by a factor of 10? And these STILL seem like under reported figures.

does anyone else think that states or countries were waiting for Level 6 before publishing figures, as "edited" as they seem to be? it's as if no one wanted to admit people in their home state or province were as ill as the world thinks!

As well, all of a sudded, vaccine manufacturers are able to proved millions of doses within weeks, rather than months? Think THAT was planned?

Don't mean to sounds negative here, but I think a LOT more people are either sick, dying or dead from this than we know- and it gets a 30-second spot on local news- just that "we're at Level 6, but wash your hands and there's no reason to panic. At 6 pm, firefighters rescue a cat from a burning apartment building".. The cat story gets 5 or 6 minutes. It's insane. I really feel that either I'm nuts- and the lack of traffic in Chicago- 10 MILLION people (including suburbs) is beginning to be eerie. I've searched in vain for admissions and deceased stats in Chicago hopitals- can't get them. Cemeteries are digging EVERYWHERE; there are few people on the roads, grocery stores, etc. Ball parks are 1/5 full if they're lucky. Are there many more ill or dead than we even know?

NYC's new Health Commisioner said at least 550K are infected and hospitals there are at capacity. I'd love input from other areas- are you experiencing the same things?

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
By the way- if this is, indeed, a Pandemic, as we all have known for months, why aren't borders closing? Why is Mexico offering to host a pandemic flu conference in Cancun? Why are there no travel bans for unnecessary trips? There is a big disconnect here between what Level 6 means and what's happening (and I'm not hoping for martial law or other measures, believe me, but SOME steps MUST be taken to slow the spread of this-right?).

We were invited to a wedding in California. We're not going. why sit on a plane for 4 hours in recirculated air, spend three days with 300 people and fly home? That's madness right now- and yet, people are doing those very things. does ANYONE take this seriously?

new topics

<< 1   >>

join