It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brazil flies bodies to mainland; Pitot tubes eyed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Brazil flies bodies to mainland; Pitot tubes eyed

news.yahoo.com

At an industry conference in Kuala Lumpur, Emirates Airlines President Tim Clark said the Dubai-based company has a fleet of 29 A330-200 planes that have been flying since 1998.

"It is a very robust airplane. It has been flying for many years, clocking hundreds of millions of hours and there is absolutely no reason why there should be any question over this plane. It is one of the best flying today," he said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.airdisaster.com
www.airdisaster.com
www.airdisaster.com

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Airbus is by far one of the most poorly constructed commercial jets today.From the get go,(first maiden flight),which ended in catastrophic failure.A touch and no go,so to speak.170 knots into the woods.The pilot being the fall guy,convicted of a crime,when in reality,there was no response to the throttles.Remember this is a fly by wire aircraft.
After 9-11, Nov. 12,2001 an A-300 goes down in Belle Harbor , New York , this time due to pilot error based on too much rudder input,which than tragically tore off the the tail section,(Modern Carbon Fiber).
And now we find that similar tail section floating in the Atlantic,after another Airbus flies into a thunder storm?!
Does anybody see a pattern here? Of course not ?!They are the safest Jets on the planet.Hogwash !!!!
I have been a passenger on many commercial jets.Here is my take on Airbus.First while boarding I noticed the plane making excessive squeaks and groans as the passengers were making there way onto the plane.Poor fit and finish.After take off and climb out,the hydraulic systems slam and bang,both flaps and landing gear.Boeing on the other hand has soft start and stop.As any mechanic would tell you this slamming and banging would lead to excesive wear and premature failure.If this is going on with the flaps and landing gear,one could only assume that the rudder, (Tail Assembly) is also being worn also.
Upon approach to airport,the same thing,flaps out slam bang,wheels down,slam bang,what a piece of junk.As we flew over the approach lamps the jet suddenly pitched 35 degrees starboard and I saw the wing tip come within feet of those lamps.The pilot manged to right the jet,and seconds later touch down.Of course I must thank the pilot for his skill,but it seems the software for this jet still has some glitches which still need to be debugged.
How these jets ever became certified is beyond me.Well not really,you know the old saying,money talks and......everything else walks.Which is what you should do if you find yourself ready to board one of these death traps.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Milton the Geek

what aload of utter crap you have typed.

by your own account then the boeing 777 is a disaster since the fuel freezes in the lines ; the 737 is a coffin with wings since more have crashed in teh last 18 months than all types together , the 767 - damn better not mention the brakes and how poorly they are made that they cant stop in rain.

or your just a fan boy who types crap and hopes anyone will listen.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

I simply stated that Airbus makes very poorly constructed aircraft.Flying is inherently dangerous,no matter who makes the plane.Let's look at the very first commercial jet built by Boeing.The dash-80,or more commonly known as the 707.On one of it's maiden flights,I believe roll out it even did a barrel roll for the crowd.It's on you tube if you care to watch.It flew for 5 years in commercial service before it's first crash.Not a bad record if compared to Airbus which has had accidents,during development,and continuing in commercial service.Like Microsoft selling defective equipment to the general public.They never have really fixed all the glitches in their software.As I mentioned from first hand experience the Airbus has the worst design hydraulics I have ever encountered.I have seen better designs on John Deer Tractors.If you look through accident reports Airbus has quite a few of locked landing gear,stuck gear,and by the way braking problems too boot.
Ask anyone who has flown on a Airbus,and a Boeing which plane the would prefer.Airbus just doesn't make the grade.
If and when they find those black box's 10 to 1 it will be blamed on pilot error which lead to the plane being torn apart in mid air.The pitot tube giving false information to the flight computer,will of course be over looked.Again bad design being left alone to cause death and destruction.
By the way,have a nice day

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Airbus is by far one of the most poorly constructed commercial jets today.
Airbus is a subsidary of EADS not a 'jet'.

From the get go,(first maiden flight),which ended in catastrophic failure.

First flight of the A300 resulting in no crash, and that neither happened with any Airbus model either.

.A touch and no go,so to speak.

The A320 you speak of was not the aircrafts first flight.

It was supposed to be a low pass, but for some reason or another the pilots went WAAAY to low and the throttles retarded because they did not understand the FLCS properly.

170 knots into the woods.

Far less, more like 130, if that.

The pilot being the fall guy,convicted of a crime,when in reality,there was no response to the throttles.Remember this is a fly by wire aircraft.

There was no response from the throttles because he didn't understand the FLCS properly. Boeing 777, 787, and military aircraft are all FBW so I don't see what that has to do with anything.

After 9-11, Nov. 12,2001 an A-300 goes down in Belle Harbor , New York , this time due to pilot error based on too much rudder input,which than tragically tore off the the tail section,(Modern Carbon Fiber).

LOL. NO aircraft is designed to keep togther in what happened then.

Also, for airliners, certification requirements require that the rudder can be fully-deflected below maneuvering speed, BUT ONLY IF THE PLANE IS NOT IN A SIDESLIP OF ANY SORT!
www.x-plane.com...

It would of happened to ANY aircraft.

And now we find that similar tail section floating in the Atlantic,after another Airbus flies into a thunder storm?!

Yes, well, when planes crash into the Ocean the tail section doesn't magically dissapear. The accident report is not out so don't blame the aircraft.

They are the safest Jets on the planet.Hogwash !!!!

Statisically speaking Airbus makes the safest aircraft on the planet. There aircraft are about parity in safety with the newer Boeings - which is pretty damned good. The plane with the worst safety record (modern plane) was the MD-11, but let's not forget that much of the same engineers also designed the 77W / 787.

Poor fit and finish.

Blame the airline.

After take off and climb out,the hydraulic systems slam and bang,

All aircraft make noises and banging sounds. Big deal. How does a hydraulic system slam and bang? The Power Transfer Unit does "bark" - but that's the closest I could think of.

both flaps and landing gear.

All landing gear make noises, as do flaps. If you have ever seen Airbus / Boeing landing gear being raised in person, with the plane suspended by stands, you'd know they're pretty much identical. However obviously you've never been around aircraft - so try youtube.

As any mechanic would tell you this slamming and banging would lead to excesive wear and premature failure.If this is going on with the flaps and landing gear,one could only assume that the rudder, (Tail Assembly) is also being worn also.

Mechanics are wannabe engineers - and they say differently.

Upon approach to airport,the same thing,flaps out slam bang,wheels down,slam bang,what a piece of junk.

LOL well please don't fly at all then.

As we flew over the approach lamps the jet suddenly pitched 35 degrees starboard and I saw the wing tip come within feet of those lamps.

And what does that have to do with Airbus?

Of course I must thank the pilot for his skill,but it seems the software for this jet still has some glitches which still need to be debugged.

They have very little to no bugs. Ask any Airbus pilot - the majority have never had a single FLCS computer failures (even though the plane has 3 computers AND a way to fly without any).

How these jets ever became certified is beyond me.

How you come up with this stuff is beyond me. If Airbus are so bad, why do they consistently sell just as many aircraft as Boeing, and secondly why are there safety records so good?

Which is what you should do if you find yourself ready to board one of these death traps.

As I previously stated please do not get onto an airplane. Ever.

I simply stated that Airbus makes very poorly constructed aircraf/

There is no evidence Airbus construction is any worse than Boeing.

Let's look at the very first commercial jet built by Boeing.The dash-80,or more commonly known as the 707.

The dash-80 was not a 707.

On one of it's maiden flights,I believe roll out it even did a barrel roll for the crowd.It's on you tube if you care to watch.

Rolling an aircraft is essentially a 1g maneuver and all aircraft should be abled to accomplish it. In Airbus aircraft, and the Md-11 they restrict this because it detracts from safety.

It flew for 5 years in commercial service before it's first crash.Not a bad record if compared to Airbus which has had accidents,during development,and continuing in commercial service.

Statistically Airbus aircraft are far better than early Boeing aircraft. FAR better. Airbus A300 lasted 11 years, btw.

They never have really fixed all the glitches in their software.

Because as a passenger the wing dipped too low?

As I mentioned from first hand experience the Airbus has the worst design hydraulics I have ever encountered.

Your first hand experience? Flying as a passenger is not first hand experience - and banging sounds have nothing to do with hydraulics.

I have seen better designs on John Deer Tractors

I have seen better posts by teenages.

If you look through accident reports Airbus has quite a few of locked landing gear,stuck gear,and by the way braking problems too boot.

And Boeing has a tendancy for engines to fall of for no reason, for engines to retard for no reason, for cargo doors to be torn off, for rudder reversals, et cetera. And Mcdonnel douglas? They have a horrible tendancy for the wing to snap off where the plane will flip upside down and skid upside down in flames along the runway. They also have a tendancy for control problems killing passengers, runway overruns, and so on.

Ask anyone who has flown on a Airbus,and a Boeing which plane the would prefer.Airbus just doesn't make the grade.

Actually, most would rather fly in an A320 over 737 by virtue of far larger seats and more headroom as well as a quieter cabin. The A380 and 747 are the same story. And Airbus are generally quieter in the cabin too.

If and when they find those black box's 10 to 1 it will be blamed on pilot error which lead to the plane being torn apart in mid air.

That's your opinion which is based on absolute crap.

The pitot tube giving false information to the flight computer,will of course be over looked.

Bla bla bla.

Again bad design being left alone to cause death and destruction.

Don't fly then. On any aircraft.

[edit on 10/6/2009 by C0bzz]

top topics

join