It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia source says North Korea readying launches: report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   

MOSCOW (Reuters) – A Russian Foreign Ministry source on Tuesday said there were signs that North Korea was preparing new missile launches, Interfax news agency reported.
After a nuclear test in May, Pyongyang conducted missile launches. South Korea said the North was preparing to test a long-range missile capable of reaching U.S. territory and mid-range missiles that could strike South Korea or Japan.
"Information is coming to us that there are signs of preparations for the launch of missiles," the unnamed Russian source was quoted as saying.

Yahoo news reporting from Rueters

I believe this is linked to the ICBM being moved by train to a launching platform.

This is just Russian conformation of the event and what's about to unfold.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Look loki Little Kimmy wnats to go out with a bang and really needs to put his Million Man Army to work before he passes on. It really is not looking good at this point, if the Russians are reporting ths then the higher ups must know about it, why are they not doing anything about it? I geuss , like most others, they will leave it to the US. Why have the Chinese not stepped in, they know exactly what will happen if NK launches a ICBM or a short ranger missle into SK

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by habfan1968

You assume that little kimmy is "NOT" still doing China's bidding.

If China were really upset, they would do something about it.

The same thing goes for Russia.

I believe, China/Russia say bad kimmy out loud, but pat him on the head behind closed doors.

It seems to me "almost" like Russia and China are encouraging little kimmy to act-out as to trap the US/NAto into another war.

I do believe as long as little kimmy only launches missiles into the sea and explodes nukes in his country, China and Russia will do nothing.

I believe they enjoy little kimmy ranting and threatening the West.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
reply to post by habfan1968

I believe, China/Russia say bad kimmy out loud, but pat him on the head behind closed doors.

It seems to me "almost" like Russia and China are encouraging little kimmy to act-out as to trap the US/NAto into another war.

I do believe as long as little kimmy only launches missiles into the sea and explodes nukes in his country, China and Russia will do nothing.

I believe they enjoy little kimmy ranting and threatening the West.

Damn that is exactly what I think, and when people said they would get tough on North Korea, China and Russia said no you better not and the thing died down.

I think if it comes down to it we may have some serious problems. I hope China and Russia will squish Kim before we have WWIII over this.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by BaronVonGodzilla

That would be the case "ONLY" if China and Russia had the world/West's best interests in mind.

That CLEARLY is not the case.

I think the only thing that would reach little kimmies one functioning brain cell would be for both China and Russia to publicly say," we wash are hands of little kimmy and N.K. until leadership change"

Then and only then will there be change.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
What's with all the references to "Little Kimmy"? How is insulting the guy using diminutive name calling an intelligent response? Obviously the Leader of North Korea has some threatening weapons and is declaring (and proving) his intent to use them. So how is referring to him as if he's a little spoiled kid making us feel better, or safer? It sounds to me like a psychological glitch, a self-defense type mechanism for the powerless.

Insults and comic relief have their time and place. This would not be one of them. Yet, most posters seem to think its amusing to refer to this terrorist as if his threats were mere trifflings. I just wonder sometimes about people and their methods of coping with things they have no control over.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

You are right, no question about it.

That said, (IMO) he is acting like a spoiled little kid, so I refer to him as such.

As long as he acts like a spoiled little kid ( and I am not breaking TAC), I intend to refer to him as a spoiled little kid.

Yes, clearly, I am mocking him for what he says and does.

I firmly believe that is my right as part of free speech

Also, in all seriousness, he is causing a VERY tense situation, to say the least.

I, personally, hope a little comic relief will allow us to not become so frighten/uneasy that we can not think and post clearly.

[edit on 6/10/2009 by mrmonsoon]

[edit on 6/10/2009 by mrmonsoon]

new topics

top topics

join