It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama proposes Mideast peace plan seeking solution in two years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   

www.hurriyet.com.tr

ISTANBUL - U.S. President Barack Obama has presented to Israel and Egypt a plan for a two-state solution in the Palestine conflict aiming to be finalized within two years, according to reports on Tuesday.

Obama raised the proposed plan with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu during the premier's visit to Washington last month, Haaretz daily quoted a source in Cairo as telling the London-based A-Sharq al-Awsat newspaper.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Uhh? What is that? A concrete timetable and a deadline for the two states solution? Sounds like a nice dream, well, after 62 years constant war, finally the right step.

Congrats from germany for your president with guts and a heart.

Proof that things can change. It's possible, go towards

peace

www.hurriyet.com.tr
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Definitely, If anyone can it has to be Obama. His speech last week in cairo sent out some very positive signals, Good luck your gonna need it.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Wachstum

I may send a copy of The Power Of Now to this idiot!!!

edit: I mean Mr Obama

[edit on 9-6-2009 by HulaAnglers]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
who knows where this world will be in two years.

this is just talk

it's like saying we have found good fuel alternatives to be launched in 2030

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Same old same old. How many times has this been tried? Look, even if he succeeds in a treaty does anyone really think they will stick to it? He can make promises all he wants, but until I see it, it is just lip service and more politician babel.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Maybe. Maybe not. Who knows?

But whatever comes out of this, the sign is one of the best in many, many years. Words of presidents are neither promises, nor stements, but signs and symbols.

And this one is a symbol that foreshadows peace. If i'd be a gazan muslim, i'd celebrate the day. Sure words may be empty. But these words are too concrete to be completely empty

peace

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Daz3d-n-Confus3d

so true

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by HulaAnglers

?? Let me guess: You have lost all hope and trust in your politicians. Very negative my friend...

It's not black nor white, it's all colours in between

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
In Camp David the U.S. promised a massive financial aid package to both Egypt and Israel in exchange for their accession to the treaty.

That didn't help anyone except for individuals in both countries, after that Egypt did change but the entire situation not at all.

I hope that money won't be involved again.
God why must everything involve money.

Originally posted by Wachstum
?? Let me guess: You have lost all hope and trust in your politicians. Very negative my friend...

It's not black nor white, it's all colours in between

Oh please, actions speak louder than words
And Obama's campaign was nothing but hollow words and gimmicky buzzwords.

It's about black and white, it's about not just speeches but policy change.

You think muslims should celebrate over Obama's speech on Islam?
Why?
Did he mention EVEN ONE policy change?
That's why there's terroism, because of foreign policy.

[edit on 9-6-2009 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Unless Obama is the AntiChrist -- which I think to believe is giving Obama too much credit -- he will not broker peace in the Middle East.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

It's just one step. Not more, but one single, first, cautious step. But it makes very clear to the world, that Obama really stands to the palestinian state and to the palestinian people. He confronts Netanyahu and forces him to declare his position. Though Obama knows, that Netanyahu declared, that he intends no two state solution.

Political chess. And that move was towards the palestinian

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

His proposal will cost how many more lives and devastation in the process, and I am the negative one?

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by HulaAnglers

The proposal may save lives. Many, if it was an honest one

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
don't get your hopes up. Israel will not give up anymore settlements! there will not be peace in the middle east as long as both sides claim the same land, and both sides have governments that would rather kill each other and not actually work together.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   

2 years is 2 long and we all know that Obama has not upheld any of his promises he gave to get elected, anyways, his naive followers cling on anything that hints at "better than bush" meanwhile the major corporations will keep on exploiting and plundering the world for resources and profit, but at a accelerated rate, what it really means is they have 2 years to destroy Humanity. Nice

I do not trust any politicians, Genocide is Genocide or ethnic cleansing if you prefer and anyone who endorses this defilement of humanity is a tewowist

You should dig deeper than headlines and future promises this mess is discussting and deceptive at the very least.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
The problem isn't that the American people don't trust in Obama--though that is pretty widespread--but that the rest of the WORLD doesn't bow down to the same extent. I can imagine being Pakistani right now and watching his speech. I seriously doubt I would say "Wow, our savior has arrived. Peace will now come."

top topics

join