It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A distant UFO memory... just a dream?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I have this very vivid memory of being very young... at what age I cant remember but I would have to guess it was before I was 6. I remember having gotten in trouble for misbehaving and I got sent to bed with no dinner. I believe we were living in Salinas, California at the time. It was not a dreadfully late hour, but probably around 9-11 PM. My stepdad at the time had come in to wake me up, talking about something outside. I followed him and the rest of my family outside where we met up with the neighbors who were all staring at the sky in awe. When I looked up I saw a hugely bright top-shaped object, orangish red in color with a saturn-like ring around it. It was FAR FAR FAR larger than the north star, so I dont believe it was a star... or planet for that matter. It stayed stationary in the sky for at LEAST a few minutes. I remember the night so well also because my mom was getting ready for the night shift at her job, was doing her hair and I grabbed her curling iron, not even 10-15 minutes after we went inside and burned the snot out of myself. I ask my mom to this day if she remembers me burning my hand on the curling iron and she does... so i;m SURE its not a dream, but it just seems all too unreal. Was this my first encounter with a UFO? Why of the very few memories I have of this age does this one stick out so vividly to me? I remember after I burned my hand I sat down to watch E.T. because I thought it was him in the sky. Weird? Any input? Is this a childs dream or imagination... or something else?
You decide as I dont know what to believe anymore.
-Z-

EDIT: For informational purposes... I dont remember seeing the UFO go away. I dont remember if it flew off, blinked out or what... but I do remember going inside directly after.

[edit on 6/9/2009 by ZyPHeR]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
You mention that you asked your mother about your burned hand, but make no mention of asking them if they remember being outside, looking at whatever. That may be a good first step.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viking04
You mention that you asked your mother about your burned hand, but make no mention of asking them if they remember being outside, looking at whatever. That may be a good first step.

I was thinking the same thing.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
My mom already thinks im a bit loony, I dont want her to look at me like im totally insane. :|

[edit on 6/9/2009 by ZyPHeR]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
yes .................
i love the personal perspective ...check out my thread i laid it all out...lol.....but my wife thinks i am nuts
....www.abovetopsecret.com... S&F 4 u

[edit on 11-6-2009 by paradiselost333]

top topics

join