It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astral Projection tips, techniques!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Hi evry1! I have just yesterday started to try astral projection again! I have had better results now than when I previously tried to achieve AP. Heres some things I found out. First, try this youtube video that produces sounds that help to induce astral projection, go to youtube and search inducing AP and there should be a almost ten minute video there (9:57 I think) that starts off with slightly quiet vibrating sounds. Everytime the vibrating tone changes, the hair stood up on the back of my neck and I got the feeling in the pit of my stomach like I was dropping over the peak of a rollercoaster track. I also found that you dont want to fight this feeling, or even acknowledge it. Just relax and go with it. Short shallow breaths seemed to help and also after I exhaled all of my air and held my breath momentarily, it seemed to make everything much more intense. Only problem there is, I am having to use thought to hold my breath so im thinking thats why I couldnt fully achieve AP... but it gave some results.

I still havent fully projected yet, so if you have any tips for me, feel free to post them so I can try them out. Also, if you havent tried projecting yet, I find this is the best route for me so far... so give it a shot!

S&F's appreciated... i'll be awaiting some tips from my fellow ATSers!

-ZyPHeR-

[edit on 6/9/2009 by ZyPHeR]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
The question you and others have to ask is why do you want to astral project? why do you want to induce an OBE? what benefits will it have on you and the people around you?

Once you have figured that out and your happy with it then its all about dropping everything you have ever been taught and then sit back RELAX, clear the mind and try to get yourself in a state of higher conciousness where nothing can disturb you. Once the images fly through your mind try hard to slow them down and concentrate on what your seeing (not through the eyes obviously) once you slow the images down just go with the flow.

The object of astral projection is to control the flow of '___' (through imaging) whilst staying conscious AND using both hemispheres of the brain whilst in this state. i.e analytically visualise the projection whilst the left side accepts its new surroundings. If the hemispheres of the brain aren't engaged together then you will just fall asleep and have vivid dreams.

Relaxation is the key.

Another tip is don't freak out when your ears start buzzing go with the flow and the moves that you think you know.

Good luck.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I do not know holding your breath cuts off oxygen to your brain .. well every where but your brain maybe that is why it got so intense not sure... keep trying..

PEACE LOVE & ENlightenment
sean

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Franspeakfree,
Great advice! Im going to try it in a little bit here and see what happens. Im doing this to expand my horizons... my knowledge and better myself. Possibly meet up with my deceased grandpa or aunt on a mountain top... always thought thatd be cool. Also, I know the universe is definately not what it seems. I have almost... ethereal lucidity sometimes where it feels like im made of electricity... or a bunch of tiny particles. Like im not just skin bones and muscles. So im trying to reach this new plane to see what things are like.

Thanks also InterconnecteD... I think think about the oxygen part, maybe thats what is doing it. Both of u are starred

More suggestions? Keep posting!!

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Stage 1 silencing the mind

Now this is the biggest challenge for most people since it's it is normal for the brain to multitask and your subconscious mind to be flooding you with images of things you need to do which can get tiresome and annoying but you learn to control it over time. At first you might think it's impossible to completely shut off your thoughts because the act of doing that is a thought in itself. I recommend that you try a method such as counting back from 100 really slowly while visualizing the numbers as your saying them in your head, every time a thought comes (and they will) just calmly revert to the counting without stressing or giving to much thought to the other thoughts otherwise you will never relax enough physically or mentally. Throughout the day we are usually experiencing the beta state in terms on brainwave frequency, by the time you count backwards from 100 to 1 you should be in the alpha state which is still awake but more drowsy like when you are not really paying attention to what anyone is saying to you in a conversation and your mind seems to 'wink out' of being aware for a time lapse. Once this state is achieved you will be a lot more relaxed but it is not the goal, in order to astral projection you need to relax even more to go to the even lower theta state which is basically when you are asleep. You might think well why don't i just go to sleep then? The answer is because the body needs to fall asleep BEFORE the mind, not the other way around. Why do you think that most people don't even realize their body enters a state of paralysis before they sleep? It's because normally the mind switches off before the body but in order to achieve a projection that is lucid we need to reverse the order. This is why it is much more practical to attempt a projection in the day since your body isn't programmed to fall asleep at that time, also I would recommend a comfortable chair or a sofa if possible since beds are programmed to make people sleep since that's what is programmed into the subconscious. This will obviously make it harder to project and the objective here is to make it as easy as possible. There are other methods of silencing the mind if that technique doesn't work so well for you such as imagining the colors of the rainbow in your head but one at a time and in order, this visualization if done properly can lower the brainwaves rapidly and is a very effective method. For example you would first imagine a red object and focus on only that color for a whole minute and then move on to the next color which is orange etc. You focus on each color a minute each and you will lower your brainwaves which quietens the mind and will make it easier to move onto the next stage. Another really effective method that I use a lot is imagining myself falling down and really trying to make it realistic as it's actually happening, you must try to FEEL the sensation that's what really helps here, there is a reason hypnotists count you DOWN and use scenarios such as elevators or stairs but it's much more effective if you can feel it, this obviously takes practice but it's second nature to me now.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Stage 2 making your body fall asleep

Assuming that you have more or less silenced your mind it is now time to take your relaxation to the next level.
A technique that I use all the time is progressive muscle relaxation. For those of you who don't know what I'm referring to I will explain. It means to target single muscle groups at a time and tense for 5-10 seconds and then release, you do this with the same muscle group several times until you feel no tension left and then you move to the next area. For example I start with my feet and toes tensing and releasing and then moving up to my legs, then abdomen etc. The whole body MUST be fully relaxed or projection will be very difficult or simply just not possible, when are reach the state of relaxation necessary you will know because it is so profound you feel like 10 times as warm and as comfortable than being normally relaxed. It does not matter if you lie down straight or on your side just choose what is comfortable for you. For those that have trouble relaxing I would certainly recommend them to have a bath before the attempt and also not to have eaten heavy foods like meat at least 2 hours before, this is because lots of your energy is drawn to the stomach which means your energy will be utilized to digest the food meaning you will have less mental energy for the projection and you will also feel a lot heavier. I would also recommend doing deep breathing while doing the tensing which makes the effect a lot more powerful for example you could breathe in for 4 seconds, hold for 2 and then breath out for 4 seconds. As I said before experiment with what works for you, you can also add seconds or lessen them if necessary. I also even recommend doing deep breathing before the attempt or in stage 1 which could help you control your thoughts easier.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Stage 3 exit technique

There are simply countless techniques for doing this but the main concept is that you imagine yourself in a scenario where you are going upwards for example you are in a hot air balloon and you keep rising and rising, if you do this correctly you will get out of the body but the thing to keep in mind is that you must try to FEEL yourself going upwards as well as imagining it otherwise it's a lot more difficult. Another effective technique involves climbing an imaginary rope that is hanging from the ceiling, you must really try to feel the rope as real as possible while going upwards. Another technique is simply focusing on a spot on the ceiling and with your mind try to 'move' there, this involves what i described many times about FEELING yourself moving upwards, if done correctly it is usually enough to exit the body and is really not that hard. A technique that I personally like to use is the stretch out technique, you just imagine your head and legs stretching more and more until you feel yourself floating, once achieved you will be out. Keep in mind that the floating sensation is one of the goals here since it usually means your out. Once your out feel free to explore your new surroundings but I advise you to get at least 20 feet away from your body because it can still pull you back in which would be such a pain after all the hard work.

To conclude this post I will say that there is absolutely NOTHING to fear on the astral, astral projection is no different than dreaming or sleeping, your silver chord can never be cut for any reason, it is released when your physical body dies when it is your time. This also means that you can not get possessed by other beings on the astral just because you are 'out of body' since your silver chord is ALWAYS connected nothing can get in. There are definitely areas of the astral I would personally NOT want to visit and this is because there are immature beings in the lower astral which are referred to as negative entities. Do not attempt astral projection if you are ill or feeling heavy negative emotions because you will usually be pulled to the lower astral because of the vibration you are emitting and you will more than likely encounter negative entities that want nothing but to cause fear and feed of the negative energy that is created with any negative emotions. If you don't play their game there is nothing to fear anyway but fear itself. It is very unlikely that you will see one of these but if you do it's best to steer clear. I hope people will find my post useful, good luck with your travels!

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Be cold. When I am laying down trying to sleep but I become cold because I did not turn the heat up enough earlier, weird things start to happen. I start getting those falling sensations, where you kick with a startle, or if I allow this cold due to laziness of not wanting to get up and mess with the thermostat, I will begin.....to have sensations like I might be going into an OBE.
Unlike with you, I DO NOT want to astral project, it scares me. So I never "go with" those sensations I nip them in the bud. One time, in my life, I -involuntarily- astral projected.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Those are great tips, Andresa. I am reading through those and realize that one of the things that I'm missing is probably relaxing the body -- though it seems unnecessary at times because by the time I count down from 100, I can no longer feel my body.

Another thing you might try when it comes to practicing exiting -- as it does not always come easily to newcomers -- is imagining your hand moving up and down. While your eyes are closed, try to visualize and feel the sensation of your arm moving up and down and do that with all of your other body parts. When you get good at it, sometimes you want to open your eyes because you think that you're physically moving those body parts, but it's not so.

When it comes to developing your astral vision, it's like everyone else said -- largely your imagination at work, try picturing an object and adding details and texture to that object during your meditations. Hold that imagine for as long as you can -- start with five minutes, then ten, and up some more -- and it'll help you stay focused.

new topics

top topics

join