It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York City Being Attacked By Lightning

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
i live in toronto and last night we had one of the most impressive storms i'v ever seen
does it have something to do with storms bumping up against the magnetosphere in space?

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
God finally said "ENOUGH"...look out if you have been bad.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
i do not know about you guys, but i am enjoying all of the electricity in the air

lets wait a few weeks and see how the summer season develops but i do agree this is quite a way to start off the monsoon

i tend to love stormy weather
but i am from the desert

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

i love thunderstorms and rainy weather too.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Estharik

Ha I thought War of The Worlds too! That movie for some reason really freaked me out!

Now for the lightning, that is crazy! I would love a thunderstorm right now. It helps me to sleep
It does seem weird that they are being hit so hard. I have never seen this before. Nice post to the OP!!

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
i live in central PA and there was a wicked thrunderstorm very late last night and early morning today. something felt a little different. i can usually sleep through almost any storm but this sucker woke me up. The thunder sounded really odd, not like a rolling thunder, the way storms usually sound around here. it was more like a pop, very short, very sudden, very loud, and one right after the other. this went on for like 30-40 minutes straight and lit up the sky like fireworks.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
It be really funny if aliens did land in Washington D.C. because the government didn't want to follow through with the disclosure.

But one can only dream..

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
what has all this got to do with science and technology???

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
We are having another storm in Brussels atm, funny it started developing after i read this thread. Its nothing of the scale you guys have or what we had on the 18th. I must say i do love this weather though.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Severe Central New York weather this afternoon could include a tornado
by The Post-Standard
Tuesday June 09, 2009, 10:24 AM

www.syracuse.com...

Syracuse, NY -- Meteorologists are saying a tornado is possible this afternoon as a cold front crosses into Central New York this afternoon.

A hazardous weather outlook statement from the National Weather Service forecasts the possibility of severe thunderstorms, along with large hail and damaging winds.

For details on local conditions, including hourly forecasts, satellite and radar images and a cold and flu index, see the syracuse.com Weather page.

Hold on to your hats !

[edit on 9-6-2009 by tarifa37]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
It woke me up out of a dead sleep last night. I'm a born NYer. I don't remember ever hearing thunder so powerful and intense in my life, here.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by raj9721

Haha, okay so i just joined this site, i felt i HAD to post about this.
Im not sure if anyone else noticed, but wasn't something said about "Weather Controlling Device" or something along the lines of that?
I KNOW theres a thread on this site somewhere about it because i just saw it.
Someone please update meee!

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Craziest storm I have ever seen passed through my area of CA a few days ago. There was lightning every half second! It was crazy..

I had no idea anything was going on and pull out of my drive way and hear people at the park across the street louder than normal. Right after I put my car in drive I saw a flash in the corner of my eye, then I heard a couple say "What's going on over there?" "I don't know... what IS that" and of course I look up and see the whole sky turn white miles away right after they said that. While driving I see flashes constantly lighting up my whole field of view. Looked like anti-aircraft fire it was so frequent.. and I could not see any actual lightning at that time. It was not even raining... I thought it was some firework show or something. I get to the store and lots of people were talking in the store about lightning. That's how I found out what all the flashes were.. this was around sunset. So they were really bright to light up the whole horizon like that. And really weird that so many people were talking about.

Then later on that night another storm hit right over my house and was so loud and flashes every half a second. Never seen anything that intense here. I really enjoyed the show, wish I knew about that website too see how many hit around here. I don't think many touched ground. The lightning looked to travel between the clouds, not up and down... but like side to side. Was really cool to watch! Wish I had a video camera.. but it's probably not the best idea to go out and film with lightning right over your head anyways

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
it sounds similar to what i witnessed in Brisbane , Australia last november.

i have never seen anything so amazing in my life!!!!

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
What was the temperature like? We get electrical storms that look exactly like that in the south alot. Most southerners call it heat lightning, due to the fact that it always happens in the summer. There is usually little to no thunder involved though.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Cameoii

it is hot all year in brisbane. it was around 9pm and probably about 28c or thereabouts.

there were storms for days on end that week. it was really amazing!!!

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cameoii
What was the temperature like? We get electrical storms that look exactly like that in the south alot. Most southerners call it heat lightning, due to the fact that it always happens in the summer. There is usually little to no thunder involved though.

Global Warming, whether its our fault or not. Really thought, I could hear planes flying during the storm, the thunder was short, higher pitched, and farther away than normal.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join