It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Winds of change: The car that runs on thin air

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Winds of change: The car that runs on thin air

www.dailymail.co.uk

A European motor company has created a revolutionary car that literally runs on thin air.

The 'air car' plugs into a wall outlet, allowing an on-board compressor to pressurize the car's air tank to 4,500 pounds per square inch.

It takes about four hours to get the tank to full pressure and the cold air is then released gradually to power the car's pistons. Only fresh air comes out of the almost frozen exhaust pipe at low speeds.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
The only modification i can see is the fueled engine could become electric with solar panels on the roof for instant acceleration. But i guess this is an excellent idea for those congested cities were air pollution has spiraled out of control.

I just cannot get enough of these new tech heads and their inventions, its also a time to note that perhaps in the next fifty years all gasoline cars will be banned from inner cities.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Yeah if it was me I would have some type of electric system to charge the compressor its self while on the road. I mean 4 hours is a long time to wait if you run out of air lol

join