It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

where's summer gone ???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimmefootball400
UK, I think I might know where your summer has went to. It is over here along the East Coast and the Mid-Atlantic States of the United States!!! It feels like it has been getting close to ninety degrees here in my neck of the woods. Then again, maybe it is just me because I don't take too well to the heat and humidity.

I landed in Boston 2 yrs ago--it was September and the weather was freakily hot then for that time of the year.
Caught me out a bit--had to buy more t-shirts

It was one of the hottest septembers on record I think watching the weather channel over there.
Please can you direct some of that scorchio weather over our way

WE NEED IT !!!

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by uk today

Yeah I'm lookin pale too--good news is a tanning place has just opened at the top of my street---so happy days

And yeah get that fake tan splashed on dude--just be careful if you get a spray tan---remember Ross in "FRIENDS"

Haha yeah that was classic, (also do you remember the leather trousers episode haha.)

But really, won't a fake tan look well fake,
(im sure there are good ones out there I guess)
Does it come off when you go swimming? ( I once saw someone with patches of fake tan, because some came off somehow after being in a swimming pool for a while!
)

[edit on 9-6-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Man that leather trousers episode was one of the best with the talc

and did ya see the one where ross had his teeth whitened and left it on too long

But to keep on thread, you might as well wait for this scorching hot weather that's forecast and get a natural tan.
Streaky Phoenix might not look so cool

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Haha yes, Ross is a good example of men trying to do what women do best.
But it seems were catching up.

Edit
I'm half moroccan but I'm still feeling pale in this weather, my mother is welsh and very white and my father Moroccan has a nice natural olive skin colour. I guess my skin colour came mostly from my mothers side.

My little sister, half sister is full moroccan and no matter the weather she has a very nice light skin tone with tan caramel colour and light brown hair with golden highlights, I'm a bit jealous of that, but she's jealous of my green eyes, she says she wants to steal them, so were even haha.

If I lived in a hot country I would be tanned all the time, but in the uk even natural very dark people look pale haha.

Some people look amazing with pale skin thou!

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
Haha yes, Ross is a good example of men trying to do what women do best.
But it seems were catching up lately.

Yep men today are the new women

So remember when this scorchin hot weather comes our way--put plenty of moisturiser on to keep your skin nice and soft.

Oh and lip balm is an essential---we don't want any nasty cracked dry lips due to that sun !!!

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by uk today

Ah yes, in the past if men bought a lot of this stuff they would get a few odd stares, but these days you can go to boots and buy all sorts of stuff and nobody will bat an eyelid, freedom for men!

I've never tried mascara, I wonder hmmm....

p.s: edited my previous post oops.

Oh yeah back on topic,
come back here sun! make us happy!

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

There's nothing wrong with being pale skinned--I'm blonde and can't spend too long out in the sun without a break cos I burn really easy.
So although I love the sun I also have to be careful of it.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Ah yes, in the past if men bought a lot of this stuff they would get a few odd stares, but these days you can go to boots and buy all sorts of stuff and nobody will bat an eyelid, freedom for men!

I've never tried mascara, I wonder hmmm....

p.s: edited my previous post oops.

Wow phoenix with long black eyelashes

Max Factor is very good--but to stay on thread, the heat can wreak havoc with make-up

Still no sign of any warmth up here in Yorkshire at the mo--Brrrrrrrr

Oh yeah back on topic,
come back here sun! make us happy!

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Ah yes nothing wrong with pale skin, women can look amazing with pale skin! wow, in the older days pale skin was what women aimed for!

I just love the feeling of the sun on my skin, the sun also gives a great atmosphere when it comes in the UK, everyone goes out to enjoy it, if we don't get enough sun in this country it gets depressing, way too much grey skies.

Nothing wrong with other weather thou, I love the rain sometimes, the sound etc
But it's nice to have a balance, and we need the sun for that!

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

The sun can age skin dramatically as well if you spend too much time in it-have you seen the state of some women who are complete sun-worshippers

I think I'll try and stay pale, which is sooooooo easy in this country !!!
And I love other types of weather too--nothing better than listening to rain beating against your bedroom window when you're all tucked up in bed.
Oh and lightning can be amazing--and terrifying !!
And talkin of bed--that's where I'm headed !!!

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Yeah love the raindrop noise, we had lighting a couple of days ago here in London, made car alarms go off.

I'm probably off to dream land soon too. Goodight.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   

I think I'll try and stay pale, which is sooooooo easy in this country !!!

Add red hair and I'm in love

Tonight was the first time it wasn't cold when I got out of work at 11. Although when it gets warmer the criminals are more active in Detroit.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Although when it gets warmer the criminals are more active in Detroit.

I've noticed the same thing here in south london.

Sometimes I feel safer walking in the night when it's raining and windy haha.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Well I've woken up today to yet another miserable, depressing June day here in Yorkshire

No sign of any sun out there!!
But at least I'm not havin to wear a jumper today---long sleeved T-shirt is ok.
WHERE IS THE SUN???

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Desperate weather conditions call for desperate action so here it is:
THE SUN DANCE

SUN SUN SUN HERE IT COMES!

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Actually, this is the global warming induced climate change, which causes existing climate and weather conditions to become extreme.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by peacejet
Actually, this is the global warming induced climate change, which causes existing climate and weather conditions to become extreme.

You are completely right here--it is indeed down to climate change.
Extreme weather is being recorded all over the world and will get more extreme as time progresses.
I'm sure we will get some summers that are unbearable with the heat, but a little sun would be real nice at the moment.
I've put my jumper back on !!!

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

You know what it is so freaking hot here even under the fan. It is 8 20 PM as I type this, and my shirt is drenched with sweat. You read it right, drenched in sweat. And it really irritates me when I am sweating like hell and some guy in ATS says global warming is all BS and al gore uses it to get more money from the public.:bnghd:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by peacejet

Hi again peacejet.
It's still cold here- and you're sweating to death under sweltering temps!!
The weather really is bizarre

anything could happen anywhere !!!

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Yep, anything can happen to anyplace.

Global warming does not necessarily mean warming alone. It also means freaky weather.(Short info about GW)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join