It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

where's summer gone ???

page: 1
3
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrh----It's miserable, it's cold, it keeps raining.
What the hell happened to summer ???

Here in North Yorkshire people are wearing coats -----I had to put my central heating on for the past 2 days !!!
I'm sat here in a jumper and it's still cold.
It's depressing and horrible people !!!
Are we like EVER going to get a summer again that has sunshine for the whole season and not just a few odd days ???
Cos it's been like this here for the past two yrs---we need sun!!
I know the forecasters have predicted a really hot summer that will break all records, but HELLO?? ---they've been wrong before !
Just wondered if it was lousy weather where you are and if it was giving you the blues ???




posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
yep..everyone is complaining here. We should all have our a/c on and lounging at the beach..not a chance. It feels more like autumn here.
Welcome to global cooling.:shk:



posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I asked myself the same thing a few hours ago..

Just dont make sense.

And we got the Plymouth Mega Ride coming too..

Last time i was actually in it on my bike, we were all cooking whilst waiting to leave the meeting place. Several bikes overheated.

It's got a few days to brighten up for it.. let's hope so cos this event is getting bigger and bigger by the year.



posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
My vacation is coming and I hope the weather is good.I do alot of camping and I was rained out almost everyday last year and it was a tad cold for that time of year.
The last 2 years were really crappy weather and it kinda ruined my holidays when you are relying on the sun to shine.



posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
yep..everyone is complaining here. We should all have our a/c on and lounging at the beach..not a chance. It feels more like autumn here.
Welcome to global cooling.:shk:


Yep AD that's exactly how it feels here---like late sept time.
I've got this plant in the garden that's goin to its autumn colours cos it's that friggin confused

The sun has come out a bit but its windy and horrible still here.
Man at this rate we'll be in an ice age soon



posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien
I asked myself the same thing a few hours ago..

Just dont make sense.

And we got the Plymouth Mega Ride coming too..

Last time i was actually in it on my bike, we were all cooking whilst waiting to leave the meeting place. Several bikes overheated.

It's got a few days to brighten up for it.. let's hope so cos this event is getting bigger and bigger by the year.


Makes you wonder if the jet stream has moved or something ?

cos if this is so called "glorious June"---it sucks !!!
or maybe the conveyor belt is startin to shut down---????
Something is happening and it's weird !!
Hope you're event goes ok



posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
My vacation is coming and I hope the weather is good.I do alot of camping and I was rained out almost everyday last year and it was a tad cold for that time of year.
The last 2 years were really crappy weather and it kinda ruined my holidays when you are relying on the sun to shine.



It's just gotta be better than last year--you would think !!!
Hope you're lucky there babe and get some awesome good weather.
You're braver than me cos although I love camping, I'm puttin it on hold till things settle down a bit.
Might go camping in Cornwall if it does cos I've never been there.



posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I stole summer!

I will only give it back for.... 1 hundred Dollars! MU HU HA HA HA MU HU HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA AH!

(psst, a hundred dollars isn't a lot of money wuk)

WHAT? You tell me this NOW?



posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
I stole summer!

I will only give it back for.... 1 hundred Dollars! MU HU HA HA HA MU HU HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA AH!

(psst, a hundred dollars isn't a lot of money wuk)

WHAT? You tell me this NOW?


I'll give ya 99 dollars and 10 cents

But that sun has to appear in full glorious blazin glory every day till Sept babe

Or I'm comin to GET YA !!!!!



posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by uk today
 


Let me know when you're on your way to go camping in Cornwall, you can pop in to my place and I'll put the kettle on for a cuppa.

There's a camp site not too far from me actually.



posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien
reply to post by uk today
 


Let me know when you're on your way to go camping in Cornwall, you can pop in to my place and I'll put the kettle on for a cuppa.

There's a camp site not too far from me actually.


Oh that's soooo sweet of you.
I'd love to come for a cuppa and a chat babe.
We could put the world to rights over a teabag or two

I'll send you a u2u when I come over your way.
Cheers x



posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by uk today
 


Wouldn't you rather have a shmoke und a pancake?


(sorry done with the Austin powers evil villain stuff I swear)

It's been cold here in Michigan as well. I don't think Summer is coming this year. I think spring is going to give summer and fall a miss and go directly to winter.

[edit on 6/9/2009 by whatukno]



posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by uk today
 


Wouldn't you rather have a shmoke und a pancake?
(sorry done with the Austin powers evil villain stuff I swear)

It's been cold here in Michigan as well. I don't think Summer is coming this year. I think spring is going to give summer and fall a miss and go directly to winter.


I never say no to a shmoke babe

pass on the pancake .
And get those winter woolies out !!!
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr



posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by uk today
 


Actually I made a plan this year.I figure if I can't sleep in my sleeping bag by the fire then this is the next best thing to roughing it.
www.comnet.ca...

I still need good weather tho.

[edit on 9-6-2009 by DrumsRfun]



posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun
 


Thanks for that---the place looks absolutely perfect to me.
You've made me real restless here cos I love nature, going walks and the like.
Peace and quiet to meditate and clear the head, and this place looks idyllic to me.
And soooo cheap as well.

Who cares about the weather if you're surrounded by such beauty.



posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by uk today
 


This is usually how i roll.

I hope this works.
That was from 3 weeks ago when I went mushroom hunting.
And yes I am feeling the itch as well...I can't wait to get out of the city.

[edit on 9-6-2009 by DrumsRfun]



posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun
 

I hate town and city life with a passion--there's nothing better than the great outdoors.
Walking through a forest at sunset and listening to the sounds around you or sitting by the side of a lake and watching the sun rise.
Things like this are pure heaven--who needs material rubbish when you've got such pleasures that are free and so uplifting.
I hate being cold and love the sun but the weather can be amazing in all it's forms.
One of my faves is watching stormy seas--I used to live at the seaside and spent many hrs watching the waves come over onto the promenade.



posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
UK, I think I might know where your summer has went to. It is over here along the East Coast and the Mid-Atlantic States of the United States!!! It feels like it has been getting close to ninety degrees here in my neck of the woods. Then again, maybe it is just me because I don't take too well to the heat and humidity.



posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Yeah I'm in UK too, it started to feel like summer! then it disappeared!


Without our much needed sun I'm starting to feel really pale lol...

Do men use fake tans? lol

Anyway I got a feeling we gonna get good sun in around a week.



[edit on 9-6-2009 by _Phoenix_]



posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
Yeah I'm in UK too, it started to feel like summer! then it disappeared!


Without our much needed sun I'm starting to feel really pale lol...

Do men use fake tans? lol

Anyway I got a feeling we gonna get good sun in around a week.



[edit on 9-6-2009 by _Phoenix_]


Yeah I'm lookin pale too--good news is a tanning place has just opened at the top of my street---so happy days

And yeah get that fake tan splashed on dude--just be careful if you get a spray tan---remember Ross in "FRIENDS"




top topics



 
3
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join