It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If it weren't for modern medicine, would you still be alive?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

I would be dead. Brain tumor...or seriously messed up at this point-worse than already accused of anyway....

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Years ago I had stage 3 melanoma and if my dermatologist hadn't of surgically removed a piece of my chest the size of a small trout; it would have matasticized, spread via my lymphatic system and killed me.

Wear your sun screen!!!

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
I always find it interesting when someone undergoes a major surgery or something like Chemotherapy like it was nothing. Failing to realize that without modern medicine, their life would be over.

Well actually, allopathic cancer treatment has a less than 3% true cure rate (in terms of total life, not some bogus 5 year tumor statistic).

Linus Pauling and Ewen Cameron demonstrated in the 90's that simple Vit C therapy caused terminal cancer patients to live TEN TIMES LONGER than those that underwent traditional allopathic treatment.

So I think you can take that part of your OP out of the equation.

It is truer to say that people are surviving despite chemotherapy. A recent study of studies found that chemo actually CAUSED death in 27% of cancer patients, so no, people would not generally be DEAD without this particular part of allopathy - quite the opposite - many more would survive

[edit on 19/6/10 by RogerT]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Yep, i would be still as bored as heck.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I would definitely be dead. I had acute peritonitis when I was 10. My appendix burst and my GP (General Practitioner) misdiagnosed it as a viral infection. My mum ignored him and took me to hospital. They operated within an hour of my arrival and said I had maybe a couple of hours to live at that point.

I wish modern medicine could do more for my current problem, CRPS (also known as RSD) that affects my whole body. The best they can offer is enough ketamine (horse tranquiliser) to keep me in a coma for a week to ten days, in the hope that it reboots my sympathetic nervous system. 50% chance of success, with a significant risk of permanent vegetative state or permanent hallucinations, whether it works or not. No thanks.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I think its amazing what doctors can do now. The scariest part about medical procedure is the possibility of being misdiagnosed and actually harmed worse than you were before you went in. After all doctors are only human and humans make mistakes. Sometimes the exact cause of the problem is hard to find no matter how much technology you have, just like a car.

I suppose I would be alive today I really don't know for certain.

For any kind of numbness I'd try a chiropractor over surgery first as it might be only a pinched nerve. Always try the simple things first, if you have time.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Would I still be alive? Nope.

Stage 3 Hodgkin's disease. Untreated and "alternative treatment", 100% fatal.
My last chemo treatment was in November 1987.

[edit on 6/19/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I would probably be dead, and so would my wonderful, bright, beautiful daughter, who thankfully came into this world healthy and alive through an emergency C-section.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join