It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chabad rabbi: Jews should kill Arab men, women and children during war

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakes51

I still don't think your views on Jews are accurate and boarder the long drawn out stereotype from earlier generations. The Jews are no different than the Catholics, Muslims, or any other denominations. Some feel very strongly about their beliefs and will never change no matter what. For instance, the Catholics will never approve abortion, same sex marriage, or uncelibate priests. Are they an evil group because they are unwilling to cave in to what the mainstream wants? I would say no, because they are bound by their beliefs much like the Jews. I've known some Jews and seen compassion and sympathy in them.

However, many only see what the Jews are doing in Israel, and in that instant; they believe all are like that and that is simply not the case.

Judaism is a racist religion, it teaches that only those of the Jewish RACE - not faith are the special people. The whole religion is racist - and they have the audacity to call people racist and anti-semitic?

I don't hate them as a race - I am sure their are some who leave the teaching of Judaism and can be normal human beings - the religion is based on race, its a racist religion and has no place in the modern world.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amagnon

Originally posted by Jakes51

I still don't think your views on Jews are accurate and boarder the long drawn out stereotype from earlier generations. The Jews are no different than the Catholics, Muslims, or any other denominations. Some feel very strongly about their beliefs and will never change no matter what. For instance, the Catholics will never approve abortion, same sex marriage, or uncelibate priests. Are they an evil group because they are unwilling to cave in to what the mainstream wants? I would say no, because they are bound by their beliefs much like the Jews. I've known some Jews and seen compassion and sympathy in them.

However, many only see what the Jews are doing in Israel, and in that instant; they believe all are like that and that is simply not the case.

Judaism is a racist religion, it teaches that only those of the Jewish RACE - not faith are the special people. The whole religion is racist - and they have the audacity to call people racist and anti-semitic?

I don't hate them as a race - I am sure their are some who leave the teaching of Judaism and can be normal human beings - the religion is based on race, its a racist religion and has no place in the modern world.

I think your hate for Judaism is unfounded. All religious books where written by man and with that come the prejudice of others they don't understand. However there are good things that came from the books of faith and religion. So I guess what I am trying to say is that you need to look at the good and bad in Judaism as well as all faiths, because they all have skeletons in the closet. You have a choice in what you accept and what you do not.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

Judaism isn't a racist religion.

It is a tribal religion.

There is no such thing as the Jewish race.

The House of Israel has adopted and assimilated people throughout its history.

Thousands of Egyptians during the Exodus and the descendants of Joseph and Asenath were incorporated at the time the Torah was given to Moses.

Edomites, Moabites and Ethiopians and others were incorporated over 2000 years ago.

Khazars near the Black Sea were adopted over 1000 years ago.

In modern times anyone from anywhere can accept the Covenant of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Anyone from anywhere can accept the Torah and be adopted into the House of Israel.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by Amagnon

Judaism isn't a racist religion.

It is a tribal religion.

There is no such thing as the Jewish race.

The House of Israel has adopted and assimilated people throughout its history.

Thousands of Egyptians during the Exodus and the descendants of Joseph and Asenath were incorporated at the time the Torah was given to Moses.

Edomites, Moabites and Ethiopians and others were incorporated over 2000 years ago.

Khazars near the Black Sea were adopted over 1000 years ago.

In modern times anyone from anywhere can accept the Covenant of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Anyone from anywhere can accept the Torah and be adopted into the House of Israel.

Very well said Mike, and I couldn't have said it any better myself. I like you believe Jews to be a religious sect not a particular race. However, I believe they were during biblical times but as a result of their dispora they have accepted others into their tight knit community like you mentioned in your post. You just proved that deep down Judaism is not a racist religion with your history of the many travels of the religion and the diversity of its' followers.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

There are extremists in all creeds and colours.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

This whole thread is ridiculous. Many of you are just a bunch of the very racists and bigots that you claim you hate.

You have taken one mans statement and applied it to an entire race and the believers of two religions. That is racist and religious bigotry at its best.

I have seen many of JanusFin's posts during my time lurking on ATS and the majority of them are anti-jewish. So I guess you can be a racist on here as long as you are racist against the right group of people or bigoted against certain religions.

Then to go on to say you replaced God with UFO's just adds to the ridiculouness.

I am so sick of people trying to undermine religion by taking the hate speech of one man and trying to apply it to a whole religion or a whole race of people. That is Nazism at its finest.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft

This whole thread is ridiculous. Many of you are just a bunch of the very racists and bigots that you claim you hate.

You have taken one mans statement and applied it to an entire race and the believers of two religions. That is racist and religious bigotry at its best.

I have seen many of JanusFin's posts during my time lurking on ATS and the majority of them are anti-jewish. So I guess you can be a racist on here as long as you are racist against the right group of people or bigoted against certain religions.

Then to go on to say you replaced God with UFO's just adds to the ridiculouness.

I am so sick of people trying to undermine religion by taking the hate speech of one man and trying to apply it to a whole religion or a whole race of people. That is Nazism at its finest.

Greetings grapesofraft. Please check a few of my posts on this thread because I singled out the inflamatory rhetoric by that rabbi and not the religion or culture.

However, I still believe he is speaking for himself and not Judaism as whole. I, like you, agree that to single out an entire religion and culture on the words of one man is lunacy and despicable. The rabbi should have refrained from his harmful language concerning the conflict in Israel and it is a disgrace to the cloth and Judaism as a whole. Anyway you bring up very good points sir.

[edit on 9-6-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

Thank you for your reply. I did see and star many of your posts, because I agree that people have expanded one mans comments to an entire race. You actually made an even better case in reference to the tribes of Israel and the new Covenant of Jesus which becomes inclusive of the entire spectrum of humanity.

[edit on 9-6-2009 by grapesofraft]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Woo-hoo-, am I too late for some dirty jew-bashing? Those big nosed handsome devils. Controlling all your money and falafel. Wanting to kill people who are raised, yes, raised by their parents and schools and mosques to die or be killed in holy jihad. Little muslim boys and girls whow would LOVE to snuff out little jewish boys and girls. This is not the rule for all palestinians, but it is endemic and institutional. For the many palestinians who would gladly die trying to kill innocent and hopefully jewish civilians, why not do them the favor of letting Allah sort them out? Damn schnazzy dressing shylock jew bastards.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   

While I understand your dismay and anger, I must disagree with your assertion that being angry with what this Rabbi said automatically makes you a racist or bigot. I do see how you think that people are generalizing, but I think that most of the posters on this thread and others like it aren't suggesting that all Jews are like this. They do need to be clearer in their accusations, however.

I equate it to how many overseas look at America, especially when Bush was in office. They said "oh those dang American's" when really it was the policies and practices of our government that they were angry at.

I think the same applies to these threads that say "Oh those dang Israelis". It's the policies and practices of the government that we are criticizing. Many Isrealis actually want the fighting to end. The government does not.

I would also like to point out that while you criticized posters in this thread for generalizing, you also did the same thing when you took one posters comments of God and UFO's and applied those comments to all of us.

I have nothing against Jewish people WHATSOEVER! I do, however, HATE what the Jewish government has been doing to it's Palestinian neighbors and the hate that spews out of their mouths against Muslims. Same goes for the Muslims, only the actions of the Jews are disproportionate to those of their Arab neighbors. I suggest you see this site to understand what I am talking about.

I for one do not want to support ANY GOVERNMENT, be it Muslim, Jew, and even my own here in America, that thinks that these levels of violence will solve anything. Especially when most of the rhetoric they ALL use have strong religious undertones. I don't like my tax dollars going to support these governments.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

I apologize for my lack of clarity. In my defense, I did say MOST of the posters on this thread and not all, but I agree that is still generalization.

I do not think there is anything wrong with disagreeing with the Rabbi's comments, and it certainly does not make you a racist or religious bigot until you start wildly applying it to an entire race or an entire religion.

As far as my comment regarding UFO's it was directed only at the OP, as my post is a reply to JanusFin. I am pretty sure not everyone has decided to replace religion with a belief in extra-terrestrials and then implied that they are our saviors, when even if we could prove they exist we could not prove their long-term intentions.

Also, I would add that war is a terrible thing, but I also respect a countries right to defend itself from attack or to take the offensive if they deem it necessary to defend their citizens. Some people do abuse that power, but war is a necessary evil until we all agree that whoever wins at Monopoly has the final say in any major disagreement of political philosophies.

[edit on 9-6-2009 by grapesofraft]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

If I heard this sentiment from all over the world and almost every week, I would fear the impact of Judaism as much as I do Islam on our western heathen society.

A single mad man, alone with his thoughts, has no impact on society.

In large numbers and with support, they are a very concerning agenda.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound

No,

No-one should kill, full stop.

Jesus Christ teaches about love.

It's funny, because while I don't believe in God, I do believe that regardless if Jesus was real or not, this message IS real.

Love, forgiveness, compassion, humility, empathy - if Jesus was a manufactured figure, or if his message is seen as a crutch for the weak, so be it. The reality is, the words are true. And an inspiration.

It really does seem that those who believe in God/Allah etc, and ritualize their faith, are the ones causing the most harm in this world.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
this thread is a joke

on the one hand we have the paranoids......who leap to conclusions that are not there ........"people will now say all jews are bad"......instead of comenting on the pathetic rant of a Jewish extremist lunatic...

grapesofraft do you smoke crack? i think it is a fair question...considering the way you try to TURN the TABLES around....and say " well it doesn't make you racist if you disagree with the rabbbi".....stay focused on the topic...the RACIST rabbi.....it's ok **we know there are other extremist's from every walk of life**.....but don't be so paranoid that you can't take a minute and say this is " a pathetic disgusting human being"....w/o being afraid everyone is going to start a jewish massacre out of some criticizing toward a rabbi......GEEZ

then we have the mikeboydus making a good point yet talking some jibber jabber .....as well

so what is judaism then if one follows the torah's word.....you say what it is not.....

then is it.. SIMPLY a "Tribal" religion that LOOKS DOWN ON EVERYONE else as being less..... who is not part of the damn tribe?

i mean for those who take the torah to heart it appers there is some form (of varying degrees ) of entitlement and "god's chosen people" that likes to becoming etched into someone's mind.....

[edit on 9-6-2009 by cpdaman]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix

Originally posted by JanusFIN
"I don't believe in Western morality," he wrote. "Living by Torah values will make us a light

Im really concerned about what the Torah actually says. I know the religious jews read it religiously (no pun intended) at my workplace. And I keep hearing stories about how the Torah is almost teaching Jews to think that any other race is sub-human.

I found an interesting discussion by another rabbi on the Torah and what it has to say about killing gentiles.

Jews Are Called -- Man
The Distinction between Jews and Gentiles in Torah

www.daatemet.org...〈=en

A Jew who kills a ger toshav* is not put to death for this by a Beit Din, as it is said: 'But if a man comes upon his neighbor with intent.' And it need not be said that he is not put to death for [the killing of] a Gentile. The same for one who kills the slave of another, or kills his own slave -- he is put to death for this, for the slave has already accepted upon himself commandments and is [therefore] included in the inheritance of G-d," and so the Tosaphot has written in the Talmud, Tractate Makkot 9a, s.v. k'savur.

In contrast, a ger toshav (and all the more so a Gentile) who killed a Jew, even unintentionally, is put to death, as we learned in chapter 2 of Tractate Makkot, mishnah 3, and in the Gemara there (9a), and as Maimonides wrote in chapter 5 of The Laws of a Murderer and Protecting Life, halacha 4: "A ger toshav who killed a Jew without intent -- even though he did it unintentionally, he is put to death."
. . . .
"…and it is called murder only concerning a Jew, as it is written: 'who murders his neighbor' -- the murder of one's neighbor is called murder, but the murder of a Gentile it is not called murder."

*Ger toshav: a Gentile who is a resident alien and not a convert

Of course some Jews don't consider themselves corrupted because they are (mostly) only killing non-Jews. There are many Jewish religious writings which consider non-Jews to be asses, or at best, in a state between animals and men, and therefore claiming killing non-Jews is not murder.

"One who pours it (annointing oil) on himself or on others is guilty. Is it possible that even if he poured it on an animal and utensils, and upon Gentiles who are like animals, or poured it on the dead, he is guilty? It is written: 'upon man's flesh it shall not be poured,' this excludes those whom I cannot call men."

"Abraham says: this is one of his opinions, and there is none inferior to it, for the Gentiles are like animals, they don't become impure and cannot defile, 'a people who are like asses,' 'behold, the nations are as a drop of a bucket,' and the wind will blow them all away, and one who thinks of them as something [worthwhile] will gather the wind in his fist."

"Rav Shila saw a Jew who had sexual relations with a Gentile woman, and he gave him lashes. The Jew went to inform to the king. He said to them: 'There is one Jew who judges without the permission of the king.' The king sent for him and they said: 'Why did you act in such a manner?' Rav Shila answered: 'He had relations with a she-ass.' They asked: 'Do you have a witness?' He answered: 'Yes!' Elijah appeared as a human being and testified. They said: 'If so, his punishment is death.'

. . . . When he was about to leave, that Jew asked him: 'Does G-d perform miracles for liars?' Rav Shila answered: "Wicked one! Didn't I tell the truth? Aren't they called asses? As it is written: 'whose members are like those of asses'."

We have already mentioned the words of the Ra'avad with regards to an animal slaughtered by a Gentile: "for the Gentiles are like animals…and one who thinks of them as something [worthwhile] will gather the wind in his fist." It is clear that this is not a simple Halachic argument merely explaining why he disagrees with Maimonides on matters of Halacha, but rather the expression of an entire outlook concerning the Gentiles.

To the Kuzari king’s question "Why was the Torah not given to all mankind? Would it not have been better or more commensurate with Divine wisdom?" the Rabbi answers: "Would it not have been best if all the animals could speak? You have apparently forgotten what I said earlier concerning the genealogy of Adam's progeny: that at first the spirit of Divine prophecy rested on one person, who was chosen from his brethren, and inherited the merit of his father. It was he in whom the Divine light was concentrated. He was the kernel, while the others were as shells which had no share in that light. Thus it was until the sons of Jacob came, who all were the meritorious kernel, distinguished from all the other people by G-dly qualities, which made them, so to speak, an different genus --an angelic one. Each of them, Divine endeavored to attain the degree of prophecy, most of them succeeded in so doing; even those who were not successful were close to that degree in their pious acts, sanctity, purity, and interaction with the prophets."

So we see that the Jews, because of their special spiritual level, are considered to be a genus different from all the other people.

'You are the children of the Lord, your G-d'." The Maharal wrote in his commentary on Avot, . . . : "Even though it says 'Beloved is man,' this does not include all human beings, for Chazal said: 'You are called men and the nations are not called men' -- as though the completeness of the Creation, which is given to man in particular, is given to the Jews and not to the other nations…

In the book "Poked Akarim" page 19, column 3, he wrote: "Concerning what is explained in Yevamot, 'You are called men,' and not the other nations, [the meaning is] that the Gentiles were deprived of the title 'men' only where Israel were called 'men,' because in comparison to Israel, who are the primary form of man in the Divine Chariot, it is irrelevant to call any of the Gentiles 'men'; at most, they are like animals in the form of men. Taken as themselves, however, all the children of Noah are considered men…and when the Messiah comes…they too will recognize and admit that there are none called 'man' except Israel…anyway, in comparison to Israel even now they are in the category of animals…"

In the Tanya chapter 1 (page 5b) it is written: "The explanation of this matter is according to what the Rabbi Chaim Vital OBM wrote…that every Jew, whether he is righteous or wicked, has two souls, as it says, 'And the souls I have made' -- that is, two souls: one soul from the side of the klipa and Satan's camp… also naturally good character traits that are found in every Jew, such as mercifulness and charitable deeds, stem from it, for in the Jew, the soul of this klipa comes from klipat noga which also contains good…

But it is not the case concerning Gentile souls, for they stem from other impure klipot which contain no good…and the second soul of the Jew is surely part of G-d on high…" In the end of chapter 6 it is written: "The klipot are divided into two levels…the lower level consists of three impure and completely evil klipot which contain no good whatsoever…from there the souls of the Gentiles are influenced and drawn, as are the bodies and the souls of all impure animals which are forbidden to eat…

However, the vital animalistic soul in the Jews, which stems from the klipa…and the souls of pure animals, beasts, birds, and fish which are permitted to eat…are influenced and drawn from the second level of the klipot…which is called klipat noga…and the majority of it is evil, combined with a slight amount of good…"

Jews Are Called -- Man
The Distinction between Jews and Gentiles in Torah
Rabbi David Bar Chaim

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Bravo, and wonderfully articulated.

Of course many won't get it because they're just here to reinforce their hatred at a racist glee club meeting with the topic of the day some nut bar's comment in a speech.

If the OP were to search so hard online for comments by Imams where they encourage the murdering of Jews, he would be starting new threads 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

And the people reading this would not bother looking at them.

Jew hatred is a hot topic among the self-righteously ignorant.

Back to feeding time at the zoo.

M

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mmiichael

Bravo, and wonderfully articulated.

Of course many won't get it because they're just here to reinforce their hatred at a racist glee club meeting with the topic of the day some nut bar's comment in a speech.

If the OP were to search so hard online for comments by Imams where they encourage the murdering of Jews, he would be starting new threads 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

And the people reading this would not bother looking at them.

Jew hatred is a hot topic among the self-righteously ignorant.

Back to feeding time at the zoo.

M

once again try and TURN THE TABLES....this is about a racist rabbi can you not handle that without being paranoid that you can't talk about the thread topic.....for fear of what?? that by allowing yourself to criticize a rabbi *while anyone worth a comment* understand's there are extremists of all kinds and there is a time and thread to talk about each.....that the time and place in this thread is a rabbi......and you are not gonna start a damn RIot just because you go along and criciize a rabbi for being a disgusting human being....

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

Ohhhhhhh, so THAT's why jails everywhere are full of rabid gentile murdering jews, since they beleive you all to be braying asses of some variety. Oh wait, there ARENT. To insinuate that a jew will weigh a gentile soul, or person on par with an animal is ludicrous. A jew is allowed to kill a wild animal for profit, it's skins for instance. So according to your interpretation a jew could skin a hairy caucasian to make a hat, right? The fact is that these treatises are ancient and were last USED as law over two thousand years ago, which by any measure was a most barbaric time for all of humanity. As the jews studied these treatises(later expounded in your sources) the romans and greeks were murdering them wholesale. They used charming methods such as feeding to lions, skinning live jews with searing hot brass combs, burning alive, and the beloved crucifiction.
The fact is, jews do not believe in bringing more pain and suffering into this world. But it is widely known that when gentiles come to make "war" against jews it rarely stops with the men. the feeble young and old, including females are up for the chopping block. The fact is your are using the above referenced passages as an inflammatory rhetoric against judaism, and out of context might I add.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
There is nothing shocking about the rabbi's statement, that is the rationale of war. Leave the women alive and they will breed. Let the kids live and they may come back and kill you later. Everyone is a target in war.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by dashen

I do not think that anyone is saying the Rabbi is a great saint. The thing that I object to is how the OP and some other posters try to use this against the whole Jewish religion and Jews in general.

It is racism to apply one mans negative thoughts on an entire race of people. It was done on purpose. The OP hates Jews. Just go look at his other threads.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join