It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama repackages old US stimulus plan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Obama repackages old US stimulus plan

finance.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Barack Obama assured the nation his recovery plan was on track Monday, scrambling to calm Americans unnerved by unemployment rates still persistently rising nearly four months after he signed the biggest economic stimulus in history.

Obama admitted his own dissatisfaction with the progress but said his administration would step up stimulus spending in the coming months. The White House acknowledged it has spent only $44 billion, or 5 percent, of the $787 billion stimulus, but that total has always been expected to rise sharply during the midyear period.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Oh I see, trying to paint that giant turd of poo an new shade of gold eh?

If you didnt realize it already friends this "Stimulus Plan" isnt working.

Oh it may look like it is but that's because it's really a Stimulant... You know a drug.

We're wearing the rose covered glasses right now, seeing everything in a lovely hue of red.

I'm not sure about you but my hue of red is anger.

finance.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
why dont we try trickle up economics this time..The trickle down aint workin...

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Obama has the perfect out, remember how he continued to tell us that this is uncharted waters and we just don't know if the stimulus will help, but we can't do nothing. This is his out and sadly the entire Democratic party is so blind and so full of celebrity worship they can't see what is really going on.

It is just so sad that it is our kids that are going to be paying this off and suffering the major consequences of this. What are we going to say to them?

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Yeah, his new, "New Plan"! is the same as the old, "Old Plan".
Of course they only spent 5% on infrastructure projects because they gave the rest to the big banks.(And cars companies)
Now with a rising foreclosure rate we're seeing hard hit cities having to cut back on services due to tax revenue loss...

this latest speech sounds like placating the masses more than any real idea on how to turn things around.

I think we'll see more speeches like this as unemployment rises and we the people become restless. Already we have far to many homeless hungry people and we all know hungry homeless people do desperate things to survive... Wonder what Obama will say once we have our first food riot?

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
It was my understanding he was holding off on all the major spending til the 2010 elections - right when the Dems will need a boost to stay elected.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
The $44 billion spent so far has probably been spent on holding down the price of gold and silver - someone is sure doing some amazing spending on keeping it under control.

It would be bad for the $US if gold and silver went up - it could be described as a cold dose of reality.

Of course the manipulation of gold and silver prices effects every currency in the world and is completely illegal - even for a government to do so. In the long run it will just make the $US fall a lot harder and faster - which is whay I believe it is being done - so that people will have no choice but to accept the Amero currency.

new topics

top topics

join