It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Ship Survivors Tell Press TV of Israeli Attack

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Why bring up something that happened over 40 years ago. Why Israel and not the USA atrocities in Vietnam, the concentration camps in South Africa etc., etc.,

Up to 300,000 people have been killed in Darfur ,Somalia 400,000 displaced and many thousands killed in ongoing wars. Yet these and other wars going on around the world never get a mention.

It is obvious that these other countries where the killing is ceaseless does not fit some peoples political agenda.

I would not trust the link one iota

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

I don't know global research, but almost any source is going to be more accurate than presstv.ir.

Just asking, why bring up an event from 40+ years ago?

What is your point, ie what do you hope to accomplish with your post?

Seriously, if not just any anti-Israeli thing you can find, what "IS" your purpose, what do you hope to accomplish?

I posted before I could see/read dizzy's post.

Sorry for repeating your words dizzy, but ya know, great minds think a-like.

[edit on 6/9/2009 by mrmonsoon]

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

Do you trust this ?

uss liberty veterans association

Please, on this page, have a look a the report submitted to the DoD a few years ago.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Here's another person trying to deny facts by saying Presstv is a fake news site. YET, they don't realize that the attack on the ship by Israel is WELL documented.

The Israeli's were trying to do a false flag to get America to join another war.

What a coincidence, the Israelis are now trying to coerce America into a war with Iran, now we just wait for the false flag.

Don't buy Israeli propaganda and crap. The people in charge of Israel are psychopaths.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by dizzylizzy
Why bring up something that happened over 40 years ago. Why Israel and not the USA atrocities in Vietnam, the concentration camps in South Africa etc., etc.,

Up to 300,000 people have been killed in Darfur ,Somalia 400,000 displaced and many thousands killed in ongoing wars. Yet these and other wars going on around the world never get a mention.

It is obvious that these other countries where the killing is ceaseless does not fit some peoples political agenda.

I would not trust the link one iota

Holohoax was almost twice as long ago?

Why embarrass yourself as a total hypocrite?

They name street signs after people like you, One Way----->!

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by bobbylove321

Here's another person trying to deny facts by saying Presstv is a fake news site. YET, they don't realize that the attack on the ship by Israel is WELL documented.

The Israeli's were trying to do a false flag to get America to join another war.

What a coincidence, the Israelis are now trying to coerce America into a war with Iran, now we just wait for the false flag.

Don't buy Israeli propaganda and crap. The people in charge of Israel are psychopaths.

Sorry bobby, but presstv.ir has been proven time and again to be nothing but lies and propaganda from Iran's religious leaders.

I will happily post several examples of presstv.ir's lies, but that may be consider off topic.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
reply to post by Solomons

I don't know global research, but almost any source is going to be more accurate than presstv.ir.

Just asking, why bring up an event from 40+ years ago?

What is your point, ie what do you hope to accomplish with your post?

Seriously, if not just any anti-Israeli thing you can find, what "IS" your purpose, what do you hope to accomplish?

I posted before I could see/read dizzy's post.

Sorry for repeating your words dizzy, but ya know, great minds think a-like.

It should be brought up until someone pays for their crimes.

There is no statute of limitations on real mass murder. Hell, there isn't even one on made up murders either? The door will always be open to investigate the Holohoax. Don't worry, the truth always stands true no matter how many years have gone by!

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Ok if you want to say presstv has posted lies, then you might want to check your news sites as well.

BBC, FOX, MSNBC, CNN, NYT, CBS, and the list goes on and on.

PressTV most of the times quotes Haaretz and other news sources. Have they been wrong before? Sure, every news site does its share of "lying".

However, this piece of news about Israel trying to do a false flag on the American ship is VERY real, so stop denying the truth.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by bobbylove321

Let them humiliate themselves! I think it is hilarious! Anyone dim enough to take that side of this debate deserves all the egg on the face they get.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I am anti-israeli government and their elitist,bigoted,warmongering attitude.Not anti-Israeli,i think you will find most human beings just want to live in peace.Its the extremists on all sides that muddy the waters.The israeli citizens are just as much a victim to propaganda as we are in the west.Then again there is a reason there was large student protests in israel when the recent gaza offensive began.Not everyone falls for government propaganda.

[edit on 9-6-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
You are clearly Anti-Isreali/Jewish.

Your favorite sources are Iran's (their biggest emeny) state run propaganda machine.

Lets just say, for the sake of discussion, you are correct.

Time to grow up and get over it, seriously.

Let me give you some examples of getting over it:

1)Japan bombed Perl Harbor sinking many ships and killing many thousands of sailors.
Japan was responsible for cruel death marches from it's prisioners of war.
Japan has the rape of nanking(sp?)
Japan took wemon from other countries and made them sex slaves.
For that matter, the US dropped two nukes on Japan

Both Japan and the US have gotton over it.

Germany invaded/ concored and took over France in WW2, they are now both members of NATO

and so on, the list goes on and on.

The thing is, the West moves on from these things, your refusal to let it go shows a M.E. mentality of never forgive, never peace, just kill,kill, kill. (like the Iranian propaganda you preach from Presstv.ir.

By your mentaility, Israel shoul;d just completly distroy egypt, Jordan,Saudi Arabia,Iran....who have all attacked Israel a number of times.

(granted, they got their collective arses kicked, but still)

We have forgiven Japan and they are an allie.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

You have a bad understanding of history. There's no such thing as get over it because if that was so, then we should just wipe out all info about the Holocaust as well, and pretend it never happened.

You can't forget wars and death because we are here today for the decisions that were made yesterday. And all the decisions that were made yesterday were made by corrupted psychopaths, so we live in a pathetic psychotic society.

You can't get over it. Ever.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by bobbylove321

Then by your mentality, Israel should kill all syrians/Egyptians/Jordanians and Saudi's.

By your mentaility, the US should just nuke JHapan off the map.

By your mentality, france should nuke Germany off the map.

By your mentality, chechnia should nuke Russia off the map.

By your mentality, the US should destroy Italy, for they they sided with the germans.

Now, do you see how childish your mentality is.

You hold a M.E. terrorist's mentaility, kill and teach nothing but hate and killing.

I know this is a completely alien concept to you, but try looking toward the future and peace, not towards the past and killing.

BYW, to further show your ignorance, Israel does have diplomatic relations with Germany, they got over it...

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Anyone who believes that this attack did not happen is living in a dream world. Yes, It did happen. Just as the veterans said it did. It was covered up by our government as the unfortunate soles of that day recall. They were told not to say anything as in "Keep you mouths shut!" Why? All because the U.S. Government didn't want Isreal to get embarassed about having mistaken a U.S. ship for an enemy ship.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by KAKUSA
"Israel is NO friend to America"

I agree.

But Iran is not a friend to Israel or America either.
And Iran would love nothing more than to whip up anti-Jewish
feelings among Americans in order to get America to withdraw
support to Israel so it (Iran) could 'wipe Israel off the map' as
it has threatened to do.

Find some backup for this story and I'll buy into it more.
At this point ... to me it's a maybe yes, maybe no

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
S&F. Thanks for posting this. U.S. citizens need to become aware of Israel's conduct and attitude toward the U.S. It's the tail which has been wagging the dog for more than half a century. I am sorry to see your thread hijacked by the apologists for whom Israel can do no wrong. Based on the limited number of posts it looks like Mr. Monsoon succeeded in diverting your thread topic from one informing us of an evil historical event to an ad hominem attack upon those who dare to criticize the state of Israel whether the criticism is deserved or not.

[edit on 6/9/2009 by dubiousone]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Your favorite sources are Iran's (their biggest emeny) state run propaganda machine.

1)Japan bombed Perl Harbor sinking many ships and killing many thousands of sailors.

Germany invaded/ concored and took over France in WW2, they are now both members of NATO

The thing is, the West moves on from these things, your refusal to let it go shows a M.E. mentality of never forgive, never peace, just kill,kill, kill. (like the Iranian propaganda you preach from Presstv.ir.

By your mentaility, Israel shoul;d just completly distroy egypt, Jordan,Saudi Arabia,Iran....who have all attacked Israel a number of times.

We have not gotten over those 2 examples you gave. I have family members who fought in WW2 and are still extremely racist towards German and Japanese people.

And maybe this story is being stressed because it was covered up so long ago. If i had been on that ship and saw my friends fired on and killed I wouldn't feel too happy if the story was covered up.

You rationalization towards bobby is funny, he never mentions anything about killing. Futhermore, labeling somebody Anti-Jewish because they bring up a well documented cover up story just makes you look like a jerk.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
If you need evidence from western news agencys try a little bit of google research:-

www.bbc.co.uk...

edition.cnn.com...

edition.cnn.com...

It happened, good men died in a needless attack be it friendly fire or planned these men deserve the truth

[edit on 9-6-2009 by Ailikor]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

wow... you really don't get it do you? This story has nothing to do with the Iranian news source. It's a documented historical event. It happened, everyone in the world knows that.

If the Iranian press made an article about WW2, would that suddenly mean that WW2 never happened?

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

You are delusional. Japan was our enemy. Do you understand that? They were also forced into attacking the US, by the US. The American government illegally cut off Japan's lifeline and forced their hand. Their only means for desperately needed oil was to cripple the Pacific fleet leaving them unable to stop Japan's quest for oil down there. The US created and let this happen. They did this purposely to gain public favor as a means to enter the war. America refused to have any part of it until the tragedy at Pearl Harbor. Afterward over a million men volunteered to fight in the war.

What the US did was wrong to both Japan and it's own citizens. I'm an American, but I cannot deny or defend these actions taken by my country. Do you see the difference between denial and admission of wrong doing? You think Jews can do no wrong because you're a Jew. I think wrong is wrong no matter what and I'm strong enough to admit it.

You can never compare the cowardly Israeli army to the US or Japan. Unlike them, Israel attacked a defenseless American allied ship? They killed and wounded those they called their allies in hopes the US would fight their war with Egypt for them. Another cowardly act by a delusional, despicable country. That's what you are defending and nothing you say can change the past.

Why not get a better understanding of reality? What you have been told is obviously not the truth. Even the part that makes you think you are better than everyone else. This is why Jews have so much hate against them. Open your eyes to your culture. Though you may not like what you see?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join