It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Ship Survivors Tell Press TV of Israeli Attack

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   

US Ship Survivors Tell Press TV of Israeli Attack

www.presstv.ir

A deadly Israeli attack on a US ship -- an incident largely kept in the dark by Washington -- receives new attention with survivors reliving the painful memory.

USS Liberty survivors gathered in Washington on Monday to commemorate the 42nd anniversary of the incident and expound on how they were sprayed with bullets by America's "closest ally and beneficiary".

On June 8, 1967, the unarmed spy ship USS Liberty was on duty in international waters off the Sinai Peninsula when it was bombarded...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
STORY INCLUDES VIDEO!

Sand in the shoes of history - Truth needs to raise up - questions should be answered... Why Liberty was attacked?

In the name of lost soldiers and their families - they need the truth, just like 9-11 : Only truth can set us free.

"US president Lyndon Johnson accepted the Israeli claim and cancelled all investigations into the incident." --- Why?

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
Sand in the shoes of history

Sand: Fun play thing, or tiny glass knives!?

More catering to Israel from our government. I am applaud.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
WOW, that really is kept in the dark.

Very interesting post. It's about to provide me with a few hours of web browsing .

Well done. Very interesting and thought provoking.

S&F

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
In the immediate aftermath of the attack, the then deputy director of the NSA, Louis W. Tordella, in response to the IDF Preliminary Inquiry into the attack, called it "a nice whitewash

www.gwu.edu...

further on board the USS America , they launched TWICE F-4B`s and A-4`s to defend the liberty and TWICE they were ordered back , first by teh secetary of defence m then by the president.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
We can believe nothing from Iran's "terrorist times".

We know it is state run and has been proven time and again to print nothing but lies.

Please people, use a "REAL" source and don't be a mindless mouth piece for Iran's mulla's.

+19 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

The source would be the soldiers on the ship that were attacked,which has been documented many times from their own words before and has nothing to do with the *terrorist times*.Of course,you dont care.You just like saying the word terrorist as many times as possible in a post and care nothing for the truth.Just a vehement denial of reality.

[edit on 9-6-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

I know what sources are not to be trusted.

Iran's terrorist times has been proven time and again to post nothing but lies.

It is Iran's propaganda mouth piece, ATS members should know better than to believe any of their lies.

They are as truthful and accurate as the onion.com.

Humor Time:Listening to PressTV.IR:

"That's like 'gambling' with a fart hours after taking ex-lax.... It just ain't gonna work out too well.. and it'll be really messy."

[edit on 6/9/2009 by mrmonsoon]

+12 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Did you read my post? this was documented from YEARS ago from american soldiers on the ship in their own words...the ones who were attacked incase you didn't know.So have your doubts about the *terrorist times* but in that case you also dont believe the american soldiers either.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   

I stand by my statement:

PressTV.IR is "NOTHING" more than a propaganda mouth piece of Iran's ruling mulla's.

Furthermore, it is "ONLY" used by anti Israeli types, like the op and the few like minded people.

If you want the issue to be anything but propaganda lies, try using a reputable source, not Iran's propaganda state run lies.

Lets stop and think of this logically;

Are Americans gonna give an interview for Iran's propaganda times???

Come on people, deny ignorance, don't spread it.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
"Israel is NO friend to America"

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   

I give up.You are so blinded by your hate you cant even understand what im trying to say.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   

You are so blinded by your hate of Isreal, you can't or won't see what's typed.

What I have said 3X is your source is "NOT" valid.

If you want to make a point, choose a "VALID" news source, not Iran's propaganda mouthpiece, PressTV.IR.

Denying ignorance includes denying propaganda mouth pieces like Presstv.ir.

Also, again, what American would give an interview to Iran's propaganda mouth piece???

Think people, think!

Some people will believe anything as long as it's Anti-American/Israel.

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Its not about the source,it is about what is contained within the source.And what is written is what the soldiers on the ship have been saying for decades so they are not lying and everything on the page is correct.. if you believe the american soldiers of course.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Perhaps your ability to read English is not very good, I will try to help by using simpler language for you.

PressTV.ir does not tell the truth!
Presstv.ir has been caught many times not telling the truth, and I mean on ATS!

Americans would not give interviews to Iran's propaganda machine.

Don't know why that is so hard for some people to understand.

In the same way we ignore everything from "theonion" we also ignore everything from Presstv.ir because it is nothing but lies from Iran's religious leaders.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   

I just read the page and it is the same thing the american soldiers on the ship have been saying in interviews to other sources for decades...i don't think its me that can't read english.

+15 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon

I stand by my statement:

PressTV.IR is "NOTHING" more than a propaganda mouth piece of Iran's ruling mulla's.

Furthermore, it is "ONLY" used by anti Israeli types, like the op and the few like minded people.

If you want the issue to be anything but propaganda lies, try using a reputable source, not Iran's propaganda state run lies.

Lets stop and think of this logically;

Are Americans gonna give an interview for Iran's propaganda times???

Come on people, deny ignorance, don't spread it.

Here's one from Wiki.

Many intelligence and military officials dispute Israel's explanation[41]: " I was never satisfied with the Israeli explanation. . . . Through diplomatic channels we refused to accept their explanations. I didn't believe them then, and I don't believe them to this day. The attack was outrageous. - Former US Secretary of State Dean Rusk[42] "

In 2002 Captain Ward Boston, JAGC, U.S. Navy, ended his own silence on the work of the court of inquiry, saying its findings were intended to cover up what was a deliberate attack by Israel on a ship it knew to be American. In 2004, in response to the publication of Jay Cristol's book The Liberty Incident which Boston claimed was an "insidious attempt to whitewash the facts" he prepared and signed an affidavit[43] in which he claimed that Admiral Kidd had told him that the government ordered Kidd to falsely report that the attack was a mistake, and that he and Kidd both believed the attack was deliberate. Retired naval Lieutenant Commander James Ennes Jr has also expressed a similar view, saying that Admiral Kidd stated his belief that the attack was deliberate in 'many talks' the two had, also claiming Kidd urged for Ennes and his group to push for a congressional investigation.[44] On the issue Boston wrote, in part: "

The evidence was clear. Both Admiral Kidd and I believed with certainty that this attack, which killed 34 American sailors and injured 172 others, was a deliberate effort to sink an American ship and murder its entire crew. Each evening, after hearing testimony all day, we often spoke our private thoughts concerning what we had seen and heard. I recall Admiral Kidd repeatedly referring to the Israeli forces responsible for the attack as 'murderous bastards.' It was our shared belief, based on the documentary evidence and testimony we received first hand, that the Israeli attack was planned and deliberate, and could not possibly have been an accident.

en.wikipedia.org...

This from What Really Happened.

It was "one of the classic all-American cover-ups," said retired Admiral Thomas Moorer, a former Joint Chiefs of Staff chairman who spent a year investigating the attack as part of an independent panel he formed with other former military officials. The panel also included a former US ambassador to Saudi Arabia, James Akins.

Here are confessions from Israeli's that carried out the attack.

Fifteen years after the attack, an Israeli pilot approached Liberty survivors and then held extensive interviews with former Congressman Paul N. (Pete) McCloskey about his role. According to this senior Israeli lead pilot, he recognized the Liberty as American immediately, so informed his headquarters, and was told to ignore the American flag and continue his attack. He refused to do so and returned to base, where he was arrested.

Later, a dual-citizen Israeli major told survivors that he was in an Israeli war room where he heard that pilot's radio report. The attacking pilots and everyone in the Israeli war room knew that they were attacking an American ship, the major said. He recanted the statement only after he received threatening phone calls from Israel.

whatreallyhappened.com...

This from the Seattle Times, including a comment from former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff!

For the men onboard, there was a special horror as they came under fire. They had few weapons to defend themselves and no safe places to retreat to during the air and sea bombardment. Men were dismembered by cannon ball and the torpedo blast and were seared by napalm. For 17 hours the mess hall became a hospital for the wounded.

Yet once they were rescued, survivors quickly began to feel like an embarrassment as the Johnson administration worked to shore up relations with Israel.

"We went through this near-death experience ... " Ennes said. "And then the next thing you know, you are told not to talk about it without permission, or you go to jail."

In the decades that followed, the USS Liberty became a lightening rod for controversy. Some seized upon the attack to try to incite hatred for Israel. The Anti-Defamation League launched a vigorous defense. A League Web site states that allegations of a deliberate attack have "become a propaganda tool to undermine the legitimacy of Israel."

Ennes became a League target, since the final chapter of his book theorized that Israel launched the attack to quash the USS Liberty's ability to pick up intelligence on the war.

"I spoke at the University of Minnesota a few years ago, and they had pickets on the street carrying signs that said 'anti-Semite speaks here,' " Ennes said.

But Ennes also had powerful defenders, including a retired Navy admiral who served as chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff from 1970 to 1974. "In my opinion, the United States government and the Israeli government must share responsibility for this cover-up," Adm. Thomas Moorer wrote in a forward that was published in later editions of Ennes' book.

seattletimes.nwsource.com...

Is that enough for you? If not, there is plenty more!

Embarrassing, I swear.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   

You have provided "NO" valid links/news sources.

Since you have or show no "VALID" proof, you are "ONLY" stating your unproven opinion.

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion, always, but you need to make it clear what is your unsupported opinion and what are facts with valid proof.

If you can not provide valid proof, you have nothing bit your opinion.

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Ok i see what you are saying.

seattletimes.nwsource.com...

www.globalresearch.ca...

And just to add,you did say the source was lying.If you cross reference you will see they are not.So its not just me giving opinions here without any evidence.I assumed you already investigated this tragic incident,obviously not.

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

I have provided some for Solomons.

You are in a fight you cannot win. What Israel did is unforgivable to any true American. Take your bs back home where it belongs! I'm tired of giving Jews a pass for all their despicable deeds. Evil as they come as far as I am concerned. And I don't mean Jews that are willing to stand for truth, I'm talking about the ones that won't. Those that support Israel without regard to right and wrong.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join