It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO? Over Oakland June 2009

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Found this very interesting video by pjmenez .I don't believe in chemtrails, however this guy has filmed something that I find hard to explain by just saying its a balloon.Maybe it is a planet although it looks like a very bright day and I am not sure if a star or planet would be visable in those light conditions.

This light orb appeared again on a day of chemtrail spraying. It hovered over my house for 15 minutes. Notice some interesting flares or sparks or possibly smaller orbs that appear below the object at the end of the video.

Here is an earlier film of a similar object that he has filmed.

Again, another day of very heavy chem-trail spraying. Trails would linger for hours and spread out across half the sky. It was about 4:30pm when I spotted this orb hovering very high above me. There are some interesting flashes of light that occur for a couple of frames right next to the orb. It almost looks like blasts from a rocket like propulsion system. The distinct darker outlines around the top and bottom of the object are very similar to the other video I posted, so it seems that it's the same type of object. I'm almost convinced that these are some kind of government probe craft that are connected to the chem-trail activities.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Um this rings alarm bells for me,in an answer to the question

That is very interesting. Is spherical and appears fuzzy like your camera will not focus on it. I'm in Sac so I'll be looking. Did you try Binoculars? I would definitely aim my telescope at this object. Try to determine the distance and elevation and and its bearing and how its position relates to the wind. Something that moves with the wind would lend to more skepticism. Awesome shoot!!!!

he says

Look for them on days when you see jets producing huge chemtrails. Usually on very clear days you'll see it. The object appears fuzzy because I was far into the digital range of the zoom. The object was very high up. It was visible for about 10 minutes and it didn't move at all it remained in the exact same place until it all of a sudden disappeared.

I was far into the digital range of the zoom.

As we all know digital zoom can make things look distorted and fuzzy.

[edit on 9-6-2009 by tarifa37]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
thats strange i live in oakland too and i have a buddy who keeps telling me hes been seeing ufos every now and then too for the past month. i personally haven't seen them but i believe him he has no reason to lie to me i've known him all my life. interesting. i personally think they come out of the water or have somthing to do with the water because we are right next to the bay here in oakland.

also i dont think it could be a planet ive lived here all my life and never noticed planets in the sky ever... although im not a scientist and donno anything about like if planets are only visible from certain parts of the earth ... etc. also they just dissapear which is kind of odd i would think if you could see a planet you'd see it all day.

could they possibly be satelites?

[edit on 9-6-2009 by jouseroni]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
man that is alot of footage you got there .what up w/ that? great vid star na flag

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jouseroni

Is there any chance that your friend has a good camcorder with a optical zoom that he maybe able to film these objects with?

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37

Is there any chance that your friend has a good camcorder with a optical zoom that he maybe able to film these objects with?

yes hes told me hes spotted them twice in the past month... matter of fact last time he told me about one (a week ago) i asked him if he could carry a camera around and try to film them if he happens to see them again... so who knows. its funny to that he happened to notice them because hes not into ufos at all like me and hes never looking at the sky the first one he saw he said he was with another buddy who pointed it out and they watched it for about 20 minutes and he said it literally just appeared to dissapear... and the second one he saw he said he spotted on his own day while driving around in his car and he stoped and watched it.

he also describes them pretty much like these too he says they are rounded and orb like except he tells me the lights on them seem to pulsate they dont seem to be a steady light like in these vids...

so anyways hopefully he'll get a vid... i've been watching the skies too recently since he told me about this and i pretty much always have a camera and video camera with me so maybe ill catch something too.

and ill definitely post it here if either of us happen to catch anything.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   

That sounds excellent ,good luck hope you see something. That video was part one, I guess there must be a part two coming soon,I will keep an eye out for it,

BTW you are up early isn't it four in the morning where you are?

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37

That sounds excellent ,good luck hope you see something. That video was part one, I guess there must be a part two coming soon,I will keep an eye out for it,

BTW you are up early isn't it four in the morning where you are?

yeah it is... i been up all night typing something up for school... just taking a break and checking a few websites .
also im a night time person anyways hehe.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I am going to say balloon at this stage, reason being is the odds of filming ufos on more than one occasion are extremely unlikely and highly suspicious

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I think it's very likely those are weather balloons. Balloons are often released around Oakland (according to the National Weather Service site). Those balloons can stay aloft for a long time.
When the observer states the balloons just disappear, that is because the balloons are designed to burst & the instrument pod floats back to the ground under a small parachute.
Perhaps its the small parachute + pod the observer is thinking is the smaller "orb".

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sam60
I think it's very likely those are weather balloons. Balloons are often released around Oakland (according to the National Weather Service site). Those balloons can stay aloft for a long time.
When the observer states the balloons just disappear, that is because the balloons are designed to burst & the instrument pod floats back to the ground under a small parachute.
Perhaps its the small parachute + pod the observer is thinking is the smaller "orb".

this could possibly be true.. and yes weather balloons do get realeased here sometiems i've noticed them in the past they didn't remind me of these... but who knows.

and yeah that is kind of weird to just happen to film something 2 times but maybe hes watching the sky all the time or something? i personally have never noticed any ufo here but i've only been interested in ufos for a little around a year now so i only been looking in that time frame.

but my buddy did say he saw something and i cant discount what he says.

also does anyone know anything about how satelites look when you see them from earth? could it be a satelite?

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Here is part two.

This light orb appeared again on a day of chemtrail spraying. It hovered over my house for 15 minutes. Notice some interesting flares or sparks or possibly smaller orbs that appear below the object at the end of the video.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I live in Oakland too. One friday night in early June, I, my roommate and a friend witnessed an anomalous object in the night sky through our east-facing windows which stayed in one position indefinitely, over at least an hour. It was egg-shaped, very bright, and much larger than a planet. Too small to be any phase of moon, and the quality of its light was much crisper and whiter than moonlight. I am quite familiar with the satellite which is typically visible here at night; as anyone who has watched a satellite knows, its orbital motion is just barely perceptible as you watch it -- it doesn't stay in one fixed position. Also, this object was higher in the sky than the satellite ever is in my experience. I've never heard of weather balloons so large as to be clearly visible from so far away -- and it's just silly to think they would be lit that brightly under any circumstances. This was not reflected, but radiated light, almost as luminous as the moon, but a halogen kind of white light. This was about 1:30 a.m.

That morning around 10 am on my way to work, I saw what appeared to be a blimp (looked more like a zeppelin, skinnier) on the western horizon, on a trajectory at an acute angle to the ground, as if it were going down. However, it was utterly silent. I was like, Oh my goodness, what on earth is that? So, I stopped two people I rode past on my bike, and asked them if they saw it too. They both gave me vague kinds of answers, not even really looking where I was pointing.

I am a serious and analytical person, way too serious actually I think, and though I am open-minded I am not much given to fluffy thinking.

If any more people saw weird stuff in the oakland sky around that time, I would really like to know what these things were.

[edit on 20-6-2009 by brujaja]

[edit on 20-6-2009 by brujaja]

top topics

join