It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If 2012 is totally uneventful, how are you going to feel?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I am the last guy on Earth to entertain prophecy and readings of the future but it has been increasingly difficult to ignore the whole 2012 thing. It has appeared across so many fields of study that one would sensibly come to the conclusion that the suggestion of an event between all these disciplines, be it history, archaology, astronomy etc is one that makes you think again.

Things are getting so bad in the world that insane hope alone is beginning to replace my scepticism on such a potential event. I know, even though it is likely nothing will occur, I will be pretty upset if 2013 comes around with no change. I honestly think that the sheer mass global focus on that time might be enough to do something. Does anyone else think this way and what will you feel if we all come out the other side unchanged!

I think I'd be angry at myself for allowing the suggestion of it to entertain me to such an extent for so long. What about your good selves?

Th8nker

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Th8nker

I would feel relieved.

Why want things to change?

This world has lurched from crisis to crisis for ever. Let's just keep lurching, rather than something horrible happening.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I'm hoping for something better to be honest, not something horrible at all! If it is to be something terrible, then I agree with you. Keep things the way they are!

Th8nker

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Th8nker

We only hear horrible predictions. I wonder why that is?

Surely there must be great things in store, but the so-called predicters only foresee doom and gloom.

That is why we should ignore them and enjoy life.

Cheers!

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
If and WHEN 2012 is 'uneventful' I wil no doubt be worrying about 2013 , 2014 and 2015 and so on until the doomsday prophesy will befall us.

Oh my , All is Lost........

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Th8nker

I'll feel the same as I do now -- ambivolent and detached. Mainly because nothing *is* going to happen apart from the sun going down and the sun coming up and yet another new solar day beginning.

That's it.

Oh, well apart from the countless muppets who will have to look for any excuse to explain why they sold all their worldly posessions and moved into an empty missle silo to live out their days, waiting for the zombie hordes

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound
reply to post by Th8nker

We only hear horrible predictions. I wonder why that is?

Surely there must be great things in store, but the so-called predicters only foresee doom and gloom.

That is why we should ignore them and enjoy life.

Cheers!

+1

Well said, spellbound!

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by noonebutme

Thanks,

I am of the firm belief that the powers that be want to instill fear and dread and I think we should all stand up and fight it.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

I dont think the have the capasity too kill all of us if that were the case.
The only way that tptb can reach their goals, is if WE play into their traps.

Best is to ignore them and just pray for the ones caught in the cross fire.
If they should win, it is our own fault for letting them get away with their plans, simple ass that. They can not force 6 billion people to do any thing, teir plan and what they are counting on, is that you an I believe their lies and go along willingly !!! PERIOD ..

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Th8nker

Things will be different, believe it or not, your inner self will have endured this 2012, your body will have suffered the strain of dreading this times ahead and you will in a way back in your mind feel that you survived, whilst those who laugh at it will have experienced nothing !!

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

Yes, they are stronger than we are at the moment, but, you know, we are being brainwashed into doom and gloom.

If enough of us decide to celebrate life and just be grateful for our lives, and try and be positive, I believe that mind can take over - after all, the doom mind has taken over for too long - how stupid.

We only have a short time on earth - let us be joyful!

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   

astronomer Philip Plait has stated very clearly that the Mayan calendar does not end in 2012 at all, that it is like the odometer on your car, as each section of the odometer reaches 9 and then clicks over to 0, the next number to it starts a new cycle, so that when all the numbers again reach 0 all the way across the odometer - the last number will change from 1 to 2 and the new cycle starts all over again.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather
reply to post by Th8nker

Things will be different, believe it or not, your inner self will have endured this 2012, your body will have suffered the strain of dreading this times ahead and you will in a way back in your mind feel that you survived, whilst those who laugh at it will have experienced nothing !!

So, are you saying that creating a perceived stressed based on a non-event and 'enduring' that stress past it's supposed due date is good for you?

Better than say, not being stressed in the first place about a non-event?

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

Yes sir, Im only into this for the learning, I grab what information I can and just keep stored in my super fast brain..

Any ways, it says that there is no point in running any hows, he wants us to stay put, so Im chilling and reading messing with the kids, cuddle my wife, life is grand and I in the same prosses see new things.

Its all good ...

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Stress ? no , stress is no good.
Like the OP say , he's on the alert and when 2016 arrives and nothing has happend, life for him is back on track feeling relieved, I dont think he will start 'stressing' about 2036 or 2900 , do you ! ?

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Or what about this.

Once in the photon belt, we will have access to all these dimensions of consciousness. THE PHOTON BELT STORY People all over the world are grasping, reaching out for little pieces of knowledge, enlightenment, hope for the future of their children in a world of growing degradation, drugs, rape, murder, etc. The Prophets of Doom preach of physical horror and annihilation. It is like a great vortex, a great sucking spiral, ever downward, blackness, despair. You look upwards, can see the light at the top and grasp and claw your way to get out of that ever quickening pull of despair. The truth sometimes is so simple that we look past it, ignore it and try to find a much more complicated answer, when all the time, it is there, staring you right in the face, your passport out of the vortex into the future.

The Mayans departed hurriedly with the message also of their return, which scholars say is now imminent. Rock carvings around the world show drawings similar to the system of Alcione. Ball lightning...a phenomena about which little is known, is it perhaps little pockets of the Photon Belt? To all UFO researchers, these craft always show an interest in nuclear installations. What will happen to a reactor within the Belt? I think our scientists are way out ahead. Photon energy seems to be the energy of the future. Many UFO reports seem to indicate Photon rockets on experimental craft "the headlights were at the back." The reports at hand indicate slow, cumbersome craft; but within the Photon Belt, I think we have craft for immediate unlimited space travel. Because the radiation of our sun will be modified by the Photon energy, is this why our scientists only pay small lip service to the development of solar energy? Let us think about our planet coming out of the light and into the darkness. Aboriginal mythology says "we were cast out into darkness and were much afraid, so the Gods gave us a Sun to warm us and a moon to see at night." If the ice caps form within the light years, then the increased Solar radiation when leaving the belt must surely melt the ice... Floods. If it does not rain within this period of light, it is understandable why Noah was so awed by the sight of that first rainbow. The Gilgamesh talks of a great flood, but it was apparently about 10,000 years before Noah's flood. We have thought about our world and the effect on a single person, but what about humanity as a whole?

It is conceivable that many people will not survive the initial jolt if they are not prepared for it. If the ice extends to latitude 40, that covers half the USA, and most of Europe and Asia. That is a lot of people without a home. Will they be accepted in other countries? In a limited space of fertility, will it be possible to support untold millions? I think not. And so tomorrow....

Maybe some of you want this scenario..

Oh, I forgot, isnt SunSpotcycle 24 abit ofcourse ???

[edit on 9-6-2009 by ChemBreather]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

Well I hope not.

I've never been a fan of these doomsday prophecies - I've never heard of one coming true. And as far as I can tell, they don't inspire, they deride.

That's why I flagged spellbound's post, because regardless of the truth, enjoy what there is now in life and make the most of it. It's such a simplistic approach (nothing negative implied by that, spellbound!) that it makes perfect sense.

Hmm, though I must say upon reflection, thinking back to old Ronnie Regan's speech about what if the Earth faced an assault from beings outside this world, and how it would make us all drop our predjudices and xenophobia and unite to fight against a common foe - might be kind of cool.

[edit on 9-6-2009 by noonebutme]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Hey, guess what, we are the dumbest people in the universe.

We would rather fight each other than anything or anyone else. You have to laugh, or you have to cry - choose.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I have seen the future!

2012 - The Prophecy

Whoa unto thee who reads these prophecies and hark at their words!

It'll rain at some point
The London 2012 Olympics will be sadly disappointing
Elvis will return*
People who have predicted 2012 as the End or the Beginning (depending on what they're smoking at the time) will alter their claim to state that it was an approximation and that they were not wrong, just not exactly right, just like every time before. Their date will move to 31 August 2018

*not sure about Elvis

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I'll be overjoyed.

I dont want the world to end.

I want to continue my life, tyvm.

Haha...

*crosses fingers*

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join