It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boycott the Bailed-out!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
So I figured out what I'm going to do, I'm boycotting any Nationalized company or bailed out company!!!

The very existence of a company supported by tax money undermines capitalism. It undermines competiveness, and reward for good, honest work. Companies that beg for bailouts are bloating government, are are causing massive bailouts and massive 'stimulus' plans. They're doing immense damage to our liberty by making 'the people' dependent on 'the government'. More government invites more rules and control over our lives, and this MUST be fought back.

So I'm no longer doing business the bailed-out, this is my little act of defiance, I am doing my minuscule part in raising my middle finger to this overbloated arrogant government that no longer represents us.

Edit: Adding links to lists.
NYTimes projects.nytimes.com...
CNN Money money.cnn.com...
Wikipedia en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 9-6-2009 by Dbriefed]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Dbriefed

I think this might be a violation of the T&C's but if it isn't.... can you provide a list of the companies that you plan on boycotting? I only know of the big hitters. I wasn't planning on buying a GM car anytime soon. I hate most banks anyways and I don't carry any debt other than my mortgage, so there that covers the big ones that I know of.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Exactly.

If you buy it you support it.

If you don't buy it you don't support it.

F-em, they want money from the gov't take it, but you won't get mine.

Is this the jist of what your saying?

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
The funny thing is that if people do follow your boycott then they will just get more bail out money.

The reason why companies like GM failed or are failing is because nobody bought their product.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

F-em, they want money from the gov't take it, but you won't get mine.

Unless you plan on not paying taxes any longer, they will get yours... I hope you don't have kids, because they will get their money as well. If the country is still standing at that point.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
and if no one buys their product they DESERVE TO FAIL!!!!!!! Why should the taxpayers be on the hook for THEIR FAILED BUSINESS PRACTICES?

Right behind you OP they ask for a handout they don't get voluntary cash from me afterwards!

[edit on 6/9/2009 by Mercenary2007]

top topics

join