It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you the space between your atoms?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I ask this not as a scientific question but as a philosophical question.

Are you the space between your atoms?

Right now, use your mind and attempt to feel the fact that you, as a physical object, are mostly space.

Can you feel it? Is that still "you"?

If you are the space between your atoms then you are the very fabric of this universe.

And so is everyone else.

But, as an awareness of that space you actually transcend the fabric. You are the fabric and simultaneously transcend it. The fabric is yours to manipulate.

The fabric is not required for your awareness to exist. Your awareness is required for the fabric to exist.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Wow. Bingo.

Yes. I truly believe we are.

Or more precisely we are the static electrical consciousness that responds to light and sound and vibration and chemical reactions.

Our subconscious i believe is something that is deeper, almost beyond the physical, a sort of coded formula that reacts in environmental circumstances.

I believe our dreams are a way of filtering all the information.

I believe the 'sixth' sense is a primal sense of understanding your environment. An unconscious sense that is somehow tuned into the world around you.

I truly believe this is the case, due to having spent the last few years studying frequencies, spirituality, cymatics, symbology and the like.

We are essentially receivers and transmitters of energy.

This topic is so deep i could trail off in a thousand directions. Instead i'll await some more responsesand opinions

[edit on 9-6-2009 by mr-lizard]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I agree. Likewise our minds are not our 'grey matter.' We are not our synapses, dendrites, neurons, etc. In fact matter is actually a thickened and slowed energy vibrating in a different tune campared to that of light, gamma rays, radio waves...Our minds are information. Our bodies are energy. We are light.

Matter and energy brought together briefly in one reality still exist in some form beyond that reality, and they will inevitably take on infinite forms.

Also, according to the article below, fields up to 15 million volts per meter (5 times stronger than the field within a bolt of lightning) were detected within our cells.

www.technologyreview.com...

Now it seems there's confirmed physical proof of the immense power we all possess.

The scientists conducting the study are researching these electrical fields to develop new cancer treatments, however I believe the very presence of this energy says a lot about who and what we are. Maybe this energy inside us is the true and unique 'us,' and energy of this magnitude can never be extinguished.

[edit on 9/6/09 by Evasius]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
So essentially when people speak of the holographic universe, it is simply our perception of the vibrations and fields around us.

Also bear in mind that quantum physics speak of electrons somehow respond to every other electron in the universe and how one can affect another.

Maybe (and i take a leap here into disputed territory here) this is how our connection with the stars can affect us. Some call it astrology, haven't scientist proved that the earth is bombarded with rays from outer space.

As i mentioned i am fascinated at how reactions (be them emotional or chemical) can be made when exposed to various musical frequencies.

How even sounds beyond our range of hearing (or more precisely frequencies as a sound has to be heard ) , how frequencies can affect us.

How sound waves have a pattern.

www.youtube.com...

(please watch the video to see the patterns emerge on water, this is i believe an unchartered territory, although it could add strength to the sacred chanting rituals of witch doctors and monks etc, and also sound healing therapies).

Also then look at the startling similaities between the patterns that emerge in cymatics and the patterns that form in water when exposed to certain sounds and thoughts. Masuro Emoto has charted some of his discoveries.

www.youtube.com...

ARE WE NOT MOSTLY WATER?
--

If therefore sound frequencies can affect things at a cellular level, then what about waves of the light spectrum.

What about the combination of both sound and light?

Also: On a limb here. What about the effects of symbols.

A symbol is essentially a visual thought. Subliminal messaging can make you thirsty, hungry for example... They say the great rulers of Egypt ruled over their slaves with symbols and ritual. Keeping them pacified, so therefore a symbol (despite not physically being 'anything') actually affects us as a result of our own thoughts. Association of symbols with thoughts and then it becomes ingrained in the mass consciousness.

A collective reaction, essentially we are programming ourselves to react to something.

It's hard for me to try and find the point here, but i assure you i mean well with my post and for the last few years i've been trying to figure out this jigsaw.

Sorry for going off track.

[edit on 9-6-2009 by mr-lizard]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Most people seem to think that atoms are 'something' - so you are trying to say, maybe our minds are the nothing between the something.

The space between atoms is only dwarfed by the space inside atoms - the measurable amount of space in an atom accounts for more than 99.999% of its volume.

But if that's all space - then what it the non-space part? Well - that's actually just more space - as we break down the atom into smaller and smaller parts.

There is no 'matter' in an atom - it is purely a ribbon of 'energy'. Which is in fact a vibration or twist of space. It is in fact nothing more than a wrinkle in the fabric of space that is trying to flatten itself out, but is trapped by its own geometry and is therefore unable to move or flatten. Imagine a knot in a piece of string - you cant undo the knot unless you have the end of the string - but the string is of infinite length.

The theory I am developing at the moment is that the universe is 7 dimensional (many current physicists theorize a 10 or 11 dimensional reality) - but most of that is driven purely by maths and not by observation.

My theory is simply this our 3 physical dimensions are at right angles to another 3 physical dimensions, and are both asymptotic along the dimension of time - which is divided between the two halves - forward time existing in our reality, and negative time existing in the other three dimensions.

Cause and effect are reversed in the other 'reality' which due to that one issue actually becomes 'fantasy' or 'myth'. Only at the quantum level would fantasy breakdown in that dimension - as it is at that length that the two halves are formed into one whole.

It seems to me that we can certainly access these other three dimensions of possibility - that we are in fact projected into them in the form of imagination and dreams.

This has the implication that life is merely our conscious intersection into these dimensions, when we die our intersection resolves back into the other three dimensions.

The other three dimensions would be totally unlike our own - as all physical laws would be reversed - not like a 'negative' of our own dimensions, but something utterly different, with which we would be unable to relate to with an analytical mind. In fact the only reasonable method to interpret that world would be to use fantasy, imagination and intuition - which would replace analysis and logic as the proper methods to order and understand it.

[edit on 9-6-2009 by Amagnon]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

Amagnon, i hate to ask...

But for clarity could you possibly do a diagram, sometimes i find it easier to study, as not being an expert in you chosen field, i struggle with certain terms.

Many thanks

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Wow. Those are some beautiful responses.

Just to clarify one point, I was trying to think of a word that would encompass all the space within. I couldn't come up with anything so I just used "between". But yes, the space inside an atom was also part of the thought matrix that birthed this thread.

I've always wondered if there was some specific ratio between "the space between the nucleus and electrons" and "the space between the sun and planets". Or the "electron cloud" and the "heliosphere".

At this point, I don't have anything else to add. The responses have already encompassed my own thoughts and beyond.

new topics

top topics

join