It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You get 6 weeks of paid vacation...what do you do? WHAT DO YOU DO!?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
"Shoot the hostage!" Sorry, for the lame Keanu reference.

Anyways, I have a sabbatical coming up soon and I trying to figure out what to do. So, I was wondering.... if you had 6 weeks off, what would you do with it? Somebody out there has to have something exciting in mind. Hopefully I can find a little inspiration in this thread (if anyone contributes).

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Travel?
I can help out, kinda my game.
Let me know and ill ask some questions to point you in the right direction

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I would visit Switzerland or any other country which has beautiful mountains and spend some time relaxing and forget the crazy and hectic urban life.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by peacejet

I've been to Switzerland and it is beautiful. I am not sure if I am feeling up for a trip to Europe though. I am considering a train trip through Canada for my nature escape. I am not really sure though.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Travel is a consideration, but I again... not really sure. I've been to Europe, Japan and China. I would like to visit Machu Picchu someday. I would also like to visit Australia at some point but I just don't think it would be that financially responsible to spend that kind of money in this economy.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Whats a sabbatical? Whats a vacation? What is this "time off" of which you speak?

If I had six weeks off I would starve to death.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
With six weeks, traveling really would be the most obvious option even thought you said you weren't sure. You don't have to spend the entire time traveling, which can be exhausting enough in itself. Maybe just a week or two.

It really depends on what's in your budget. I know you also have small children so that has to be taken into consideration. It can be extremely draining trying to pack half the house to take along with you or adjust your traveling schedule around the children.

And this isn't terribly exciting, but it never hurts to get caught up on a few things you need to take care of around the house. As in, don't spend all your vacation time on projects but it is nice to get caught up when we can.

Sorry to not be of much help. I'm trying to think of something that wouldn't cost a lot of money since you're understandably worried about the economy and something that wouldn't keep you away from your children or exhaust them if they were included but I'm not coming up with much.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Live every day like its your last

Come to OZ. You wont regret it. Our dollar is worse so you'll save coming here instead of a spending USD locally

Sailing or fishing of Cape tribulation
www.sydney-australia.biz...

Bikini babes on bondi beach
yeinjee.com...

Climb the bridge in my by breathtaking home town Sydney
iusedtohavehair.files.wordpress.com...

Uluru is never as amazing in photos as being there at sunset, truly a nature moment if you like those
static.guim.co.uk...

Frazer Island, the largest island in the world, with a freshwater lake in the middle
www.thetravelrag.com...

Trek through Kings canyon and see anciet indigenous cave art. and when the heat gets you have a swim in the freshwater billabong...watch out for CROCS
www.cyclelogicpress.com...

Snorkel with NEMO in the great barrier reef.
www.cairnsunlimited.com...
www.thelifeofdavid.com...

Do i need to keep selling the magical land of OZ?

[edit on 9-6-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Thanks Zazz. Can I sleep on your couch?

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   

The sand at Bondi is equally comfy and toasty warm, and you can drag yourself up to the Lamrock for a massive bacon and egg breakfast, then a swim on the beach to de-pig urself

Oz Welcomes You

Heres hoping you tell everyone your off to see the Wizard

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Rent a Harley and drive cross country

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
*Looks at zaz*

Have you considered visiting India? India has lots of cool place right from ancient temples to mountain resorts to beautiful wildlife sanctuaries.

I will recommend you to see this site.
Incredible India

That site will give you nearly all the required information about various tourist destinations in India.

You can even visit my state Tamilnadu.
Enchanting Tamilnadu

My state has the distinction of have a long beach(Marina Beach in Chennai), beautiful architecture(Mahabalipuram), and the only place in the world where three sea's meet at a single place(Kanyakumari)

Accomodations are good and light on your pocket making this the worlds most wonderful travel location.

[/end of advert]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   

I am very interested in visiting India someday. The history there is amazing. The movie "The Darjeeling Limited" honestly solidified my desires for traveling there... as shallow as that may sound.

I just don't think that now would be the best time to check it out. I think I will make my trip over there after my kids have grown.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Yeh India rocks! Make sure you add it to the list of things to do, I would choose India over OZ, but if you have the kiddies, maybe OZ...Nudges Peacjet into the Ganges.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   

I see your point. Many people visit the temples in the old age to redeem their sins and go to heaven. But I would say, you better visit when you are young, the roads here are bad, if you are young, it will be adventure, if not, you know what, unnecessary health problems.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   

I have several co-workers from India. I will have to butter them up for a while and maybe they will hook me up with a tour sometime.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   

*Peacejet laughs hysterically at zaz as he redeems all his sins by bathing in the ganges*

[edit on June 9th, 2009 by peacejet]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   

That would be really great, it would help solving the language barrier.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Rent a houseboat or as one guy said rent a harley and go cross country.
I chose this for half my holidays. www.comnet.ca...
I can't wait!!!
I hope yours is a good one whatever you choose.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I'm guessing you aren't in America Karl?

I can't even fathom having 6 weeks off. In America, there's a word for folks on a 6 week vacation....unemployed...

2 weeks off seems like a lifetime. Personally, I've never had more than a one week vacation (even when I had two weeks, I had two different one week vacations).

I seriously can't even envision what I'd do with that kind of time off, except maybe paint a mural in every room of the house. Wish I could be more help.... I'm sure some travel would be in order...but not for the whole time (unless you had the money oozing out of your pores)...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join