It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fishy Crop Circle Arrives

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Geladinhu

But the point is that (if these crop circles are not hoaxes and truly something extra-terrestrial) they are probably messages from them to us, so it has to be something that we understand.

And going with the same mind frame it is obvious that they are much more intelligent then us and would not have any trouble to identify and understand our symbols.

"Men was made in the image of God". I don't know, just see a lot of connections...

i can see where you are coming from, but it is my perspective that it would be nearly impossible for an extraterrestrial race to understand human culture to the degree humans do, regardless of how much more intelligent than us they are. i would fully expect them to understand our planet, solar system, etc much better than we do currently, maybe even within weeks of discovering the earth - but human culture is so subjective and complex that it would be like a human being trying to understand ant culture.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by JScytale

But the point is that (if these crop circles are not hoaxes and truly something extra-terrestrial) they are probably messages from them to us, so it has to be something that we understand.

And going with the same mind frame it is obvious that they are much more intelligent then us and would not have any trouble to identify and understand our symbols.

"Men was made in the image of God". I don't know, just see a lot of connections...

i can see where you are coming from, but it is my perspective that it would be nearly impossible for an extraterrestrial race to understand human culture to the degree humans do, regardless of how much more intelligent than us they are. i would fully expect them to understand our planet, solar system, etc much better than we do currently, maybe even within weeks of discovering the earth - but human culture is so subjective and complex that it would be like a human being trying to understand ant culture.

Do humans even understand their own culture? I don't think so (and I speak as an anthropologist). Culture for most humans is just a set of rules for how to behave that lies unconsciously in their minds. So it's not really a matter of understanding it but seeing the relationships. I'm sure aliens could see our relationship with that symbol and with the concept of fish.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
If any of you have read the dragonfly crop circle thread, you will remember the reference in another thread:
Are some UFO's animals that live in space? Specifically page 3 www.abovetopsecret.com...
of that thread. There was speculation that either a trilobyte or a fish could be the next crop circle in the animal series, and they were right! Perhaps one of the ATS members is influencing the crop circle formations? Makes you wonder...........

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
It looks more like a octopus to me.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by zenius
If any of you have read the dragonfly crop circle thread, you will remember the reference in another thread:
Are some UFO's animals that live in space? Specifically page 3 www.abovetopsecret.com...
of that thread. There was speculation that either a trilobyte or a fish could be the next crop circle in the animal series, and they were right! Perhaps one of the ATS members is influencing the crop circle formations? Makes you wonder...........

animals in space is unlikely to me, because although there is an abundant source of energy (sunlight), there is no source of mass with which to create a physical body and have it grow. life on asteroids in vacuum is a distinct possibility.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Do humans even understand their own culture? I don't think so (and I speak as an anthropologist). Culture for most humans is just a set of rules for how to behave that lies unconsciously in their minds. So it's not really a matter of understanding it but seeing the relationships. I'm sure aliens could see our relationship with that symbol and with the concept of fish.

given a LOT of time, im sure they would be able to as well - but unraveling it would be extremely non-intuitive to them. understanding things about our physical world that should be very similar to theirs should be very very easy to them, but understanding how these strange creatures interpret their world, the subtleties of their communications, the intricacies of their culture - that would take generations of alien einsteins to get started on. look at some of the animals on our planet. we can understand things we can observe about say, army ants, easily - but could we ever really hope to distinguish between the "words" of their language of physical contact and chemicals, understand their motives, understand what goes through their minds when presented with an obstacle and how exactly they are actually organizing themselves to overcome it? no, we can see them create a bridge of ants and cross it and take note of that.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
just to try and connect these some how some way : all three so far (jellyfish, dragonfly and fish ) all lay eggs. not saying that that is it but its a connection. also this fish one looks like a nuclear symbol where there tails meet up (not that i think it is ) just looks kinda like one

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   

given a LOT of time, im sure they would be able to as well - but unraveling it would be extremely non-intuitive to them. understanding things about our physical world that should be very similar to theirs should be very very easy to them, but understanding how these strange creatures interpret their world, the subtleties of their communications, the intricacies of their culture - that would take generations of alien einsteins to get started on. look at some of the animals on our planet. we can understand things we can observe about say, army ants, easily - but could we ever really hope to distinguish between the "words" of their language of physical contact and chemicals, understand their motives, understand what goes through their minds when presented with an obstacle and how exactly they are actually organizing themselves to overcome it? no, we can see them create a bridge of ants and cross it and take note of that.

I think you are thinking too "humanely small".

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by JScytale

It's not the idea of animals in space I was referring to, it was the fact that these animals were discussed in the thread and in the dragonfly crop circle thread there were jokes made about the the next crop circle being a fish.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Have you read the thread? we have bee using nature s an example.

And I'm quite shocked to see a fishy crop circle fter all that's been discussed both in the thread zenius linked and this one

Something very unusual and too much of a coincidence is going on

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien

Have you read the thread? we have bee using nature s an example.

And I'm quite shocked to see a fishy crop circle fter all that's been discussed both in the thread zenius linked and this one

Something very unusual and too much of a coincidence is going on

i was responding to line 3 of the reply i had quoted.
"Are some UFO's animals that live in space? Specifically page 3 "

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by bl4ke360

I was thinking the Age of Pisces too, some say that is the Age .

There is an image of Pisces in the worlds oldest church too..

Smells fishy this !!!

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by zenius

I said fish and I got fish YAAAA...in that jellyfish dragonfly crop glyph thread Page 7 link
Next up we need another animal that has always been around that is still around today... I might of been hasty saying dinosaur in that other thread....

Frog or lizard... Thats what I think will be next... not so much dino... really leaning toward frog.

[edit on 9-6-2009 by titorite]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
There is another animal one that is being blatantly missed which happened this month.

The animals look like they could be birds with an eye and a beak, but as you progress towards the center, it could be dolphins.

Here's the link to the June 2nd
www.cropcircleconnector.com...

Scroll down to the top view, look at the eye, and the beak where the swirls form a point. You will see the eye and the mouth clearly, but it's very subtle.

Once you notice it is an eye and a beak/mouth you'll see all the rest.

Cool beans.

Dae

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by titorite

That's amazing that! I remember reading here yesterday I think, when it was predicted (I'm assuming by your good self) that the next animal one will be a fish or lizard!

As a side note I would love to see the "Circle makers" prove that they make these CC's 'cos I have had a good look at their site and nowhere is there proof, just some audio recordings of rustling wheat!! I want solid concrete proof that these people make the circles, as it stands I'm putting their site (in my mind) as hoaxers/disinfo *nods*

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Just some wild thoughts to add to this...

Presuming that its an attempt at communication by non earthlings, crop circles will always be (as far as my take on it goes)

a) Something that WE can understand and relate to, identify with ( not something in the way they would perceive. Otherwise no communication is possible)

b) Something that is credible, in the nature of a prophesy, warning etc.

There are four main aspects to this circle

1) Fish symbolism

2) The circle itself

3) The seven circles and the mouth of the fish at the end of each

4) The sequence in which this appeared

1) Symblically, fish can mean different things in different mythologies

In Greco-Roman mythology - change and transformation

In Christianity, the fish is a symbol of abundance and faith. It was a brief profession of faith in the divinity of Christ, the Redeemer of mankind.

Pagan traditions recognized the fish as a feminine symbol of fertility

In Celtic mythology, it meant knowledge, wisdom, inspiration and prophecy

n ancient Eastern Indian mythology, the fish is a symbol of transformation and creation

and so on...

Link here - www.whats-your-sign.com...

Assuming fish as a symbol of regeneration, transformation or creation, it could be that in the near future, regeneration, transformation, comes through water (a point linked with point 4, sequence)

2) The circle itself is an ever rotating wheel, cyclical, with regeneration, change and transformation at the end of each cycle, symblised by the fish.

3) The seven circles ( planets?) could represent our solar system as part of the cycle as indicated in an earlier crop circle after regeneration (not completely sure....cross checking, will post back), through water.

4) The sequence from earlier circles, pointing to water being the medium for regeneration.

Just my two rupees worth!

Cheers!

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by donttaserme
just to try and connect these some how some way : all three so far (jellyfish, dragonfly and fish ) all lay eggs. not saying that that is it but its a connection. also this fish one looks like a nuclear symbol where there tails meet up (not that i think it is ) just looks kinda like one

The nuclear symbol connection is interesting, I didn't mention it in the dragonfly thread but when I saw this picture:

it reminded me a lot of this picture:

And the jellyfish kinda looks like a mushroom cloud..

I'd be more inclined to think they all have something to do with nature though..

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by titorite
reply to post by zenius

I said fish and I got fish YAAAA...in that jellyfish dragonfly crop glyph thread Page 7 link
Next up we need another animal that has always been around that is still around today... I might of been hasty saying dinosaur in that other thread....

Frog or lizard... Thats what I think will be next... not so much dino... really leaning toward frog.

[edit on 9-6-2009 by titorite]

I would be horribly unsurprised to see a frog circle next - makes sense in light of the other couple of circles.

The execution of these circles and their obviousness makes them unlikely suspects for the real phenomena. I am largely unimpressed by them - these are simply not sophisticated enough to make me think they are genuine.

The complexity in most circles is usually hidden because they have a single message and it is delivered with incredible efficiency - the lack of overt complexity, added with the level of real complexity is what makes the 'genuine' crop circles so bizarre. Massive levels of complexity and detail are captured with simplicity and elegance - this speaks of high intelligence.

These latest ones (jelly fish and dragonfly) I don't think too much of them - the testing of the stalks and earth samples could sway me a little bit I suppose.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

Yeah but I still said there would be a third one before anyone else did... and I said fish or lizard... and only lizard if they skipped fish... SO YEAAAAAAA for me I got a prediction right WOOT! Sane people should head for the hills...

Now if we get a frog on the 16th ..... THAT would be just rockin with me...

Dae

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by titorite

and what if its human? Didn't you say that would wig you out? Gratz on the prediction!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join