It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's wrong with a moment of silence (in public schools)?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by amazed
OP, seems you started this tread with the question "what's wrong with a moment of silence in public schools", and are then using it to "preach" to us about your xtrian beliefs, basically going off topic. Perhaps I should do the same and "preach" about my spiritual beliefs, but no, I won't do that as two wrongs do not make a right.

?????

Didn't know it was WRONG to ask a question....and share an opinion??

You sound like my wife....

OT

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Think about this, I am Wiccan,

oh...that explains it....

Wish you well...sorry to offend you...

OT

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker

OP, seems you started this tread with the question "what's wrong with a moment of silence in public schools", and are then using it to "preach" to us about your xtrian beliefs, basically going off topic. Perhaps I should do the same and "preach" about my spiritual beliefs, but no, I won't do that as two wrongs do not make a right.

?????

Didn't know it was WRONG to ask a question....and share an opinion??

You sound like my wife....

OT

Did you even read what I wrote? You started this thread under the supposition that you wanted to discuss a moment of silence in school. You have then used this thread to "preach about your religious beliefs" quoting your buybull many times. Which is NOT part of your thread title.

I did say, if you wanted to preach about your beliefs, open a thread along those lines, not under the lie/subterfuge that you want to discuss something else.

Of course I support your right to have your opinions and state them. I do not support using subterfuge to preach to others, which is what you have done in this thread, and many others that you start.

And you did not answer my question, of how you would feel if I were trying to force a "moment of ritual". Nice try at diversion.

HARM NONE
Peace

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

If you really want to make a thread to preach your religious beliefs to others, do so, but not under the illusion that the thread is about something else, ie moment of silence in schools just so you can preach your beliefs. You've gone off topic in your own thread in my thinking.

on second thought.....

where DID I preach?

OT

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

And you did not answer my question, of how you would feel if I were trying to force a "moment of ritual". Nice try at diversion.

HARM NONE
Peace

diversion??????????

That would imply I'm in a battle with you....?????

Not humble OT.......

You are looking for a fight....go to church and you'll find one, not here young man!

OT, yes, I read every word...

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker

HARM NONE
Peace

diversion??????????

That would imply I'm in a battle with you....?????

Not humble OT.......

You are looking for a fight....go to church and you'll find one, not here young man!

OT, yes, I read every word...

Uhm NO, it means you are not answering the question that I asked of you, and using diversionary tactics so you do not have to answer the question. duh

And for the third time....... How would you feel if I was trying to dictate that public schools should have a moment of ritual?

Harm None
Peace

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by amazed

OK, I'll play, what's a "moment of ritual"

OT

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

Sigh

I believe you have just proved my point.

done

Harm None
Peace

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Sigh

I believe you have just proved my point.

done

Harm None
Peace

deep breath there....I don't know....please answer...and I'll do my best...

OT

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Just a reminder there.....

here's the OP again....

What's wrong with a moment of silence (in public schools)?

A brief history on prayer in public schools here...

looks like a moment of silence and school prayer.....are BOTH in there....maybe its me, I think you have an ax to grind

OT

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I have not been in school to see the moment of silence taken away nor was I able to take part in it. I do agree with a moment of silence. I am in the military and I have always had respect for those that have fallen for our rights. IMO a moment of silence should be awarded at schools for respect to those that have died for the greater good of the country whether or not you pray. You don't have to say a prayer for them but it wouldn't hurt anyone to show your respect. If you don't want to show your respect to those that have fallen then you should not be in the country. I don't agree with everything that goes on in the military or where we fight but I signed my name saying that I will defend the constitution and rights of the people with my life.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paveway27
I have not been in school to see the moment of silence taken away nor was I able to take part in it. I do agree with a moment of silence. I am in the military and I have always had respect for those that have fallen for our rights. IMO a moment of silence should be awarded at schools for respect to those that have died for the greater good of the country whether or not you pray. You don't have to say a prayer for them but it wouldn't hurt anyone to show your respect. If you don't want to show your respect to those that have fallen then you should not be in the country. I don't agree with everything that goes on in the military or where we fight but I signed my name saying that I will defend the constitution and rights of the people with my life.

P, Thank you for your service and the sacrifice of your fallen brothers...we are grateful!

Appreciate your sharing in the thread!

OT

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   

And for the third time....... How would you feel if I was trying to dictate that public schools should have a moment of ritual?

Still waiting on the definition of a "moment of ritual"

OT

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

No problem, we just need more people in this world that care for the right things in the world. I do, and I wish more people would, it would make the world a better place.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join