It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ATS a People's Global Think Tank

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TravelerintheDark
reply to post by seagrass

Love the idea. We have a debate forum where ideas are interpreted through argument. Why not a forum where ideas are interpreted through cooperation.

This really sounds great. I also like the name of "round table". In the spirit of a round table I would suggest that all would be welcome but that there would be certain rules of order. Many of the needed "rules" are already in place on ATS, making this a prime ground for this seed. I wouldn't think that we would want to exclude dissenters per say, however, we could limit posts deemed by a vote or something by excessively disruptive individuals. Maybe even only for a short period of time. The important concern would be that threads in their entirety should always be available for anyone to read. Period.

Must say, it is a privilege to chat with you folks! Thanks for the great posts!

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TravelerintheDark
reply to post by Chemley

I tend to think transformation is easy. It's getting past the fear of transformation that's most difficult

Perhaps Thought Hive is a more appropriate descriptive?

Recently I had one of those trans formative moments that I would have thought previously to be "easy". It was amazingly difficult for me at the "time". Honestly I am a little shocked that I am here to type about it. On the one hand, I have been ushering transformation in mind while on the other, completely doing everything to keep it from happening. It is interesting the fear that can manifest in milliseconds when it looks "real".

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
ATS is definitely a think tank of sorts. However, one of the rules of ATS is that you can make no mention of organizing any group except online. So there is where it stops. As a result anything on ATS will just be ideas that never get put into action. I'm not knocking ATS (at least on this point), it is just the way it is.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Chemley

A tank is also something that holds other things. Aquariums, a fish tank. Usually water, but in this instance "Think" and "Tank" can imply that ATS is a holding place for ideas. An aquarium of different ideas all put together.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

In public forums yes. But U2U's are a different story. Mods don't care what you plan in private messages because a private message is a message at your own risk, it does not involve the public.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical
ATS is definitely a think tank of sorts. However, one of the rules of ATS is that you can make no mention of organizing any group except online. So there is where it stops. As a result anything on ATS will just be ideas that never get put into action. I'm not knocking ATS (at least on this point), it is just the way it is.

Personally, I don't think that a "think tank" requires any more organization than we have right here. Any action would yes, have to be that of an individual. But isn't that the case in any (dis)organization of any kind? Many get together, discuss ideas, form opinions, and maybe even decide on what could be an appropriate action. From there an individual, or several individuals separately take said action(s) if it makes enough sense.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. Toodles
reply to post by Chemley

A tank is also something that holds other things. Aquariums, a fish tank. Usually water, but in this instance "Think" and "Tank" can imply that ATS is a holding place for ideas. An aquarium of different ideas all put together.

Yes tank's hold things. Some of the tanks hold weapons. We think in this "tank" and gather the ammo to tear down old ideas. Not through violence but with knowledge and truth (on some level). But ultimately, denying ignorance is a valuable tool (weapon) against many things that may come. Thanks!

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. Toodles
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

In public forums yes. But U2U's are a different story. Mods don't care what you plan in private messages because a private message is a message at your own risk, it does not involve the public.

It might more than we would assume but oh well, we should just assume almost everything is public these days.

I don't know why, but I sure enjoy seeing your creepy avatar showing up in my threads. Take care my friend!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join