It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thomas Hamill free

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Fox news is reporting that Thomas Hamill has escaped from his Iraqi captors.

BAGHDAD, Iraq � U.S. hostage Thomas Hamill (search) was found by U.S. forces south of Tikrit Sunday after he apparently escaped from captors who had been holding him since an attack on a convoy April 9, the U.S. military said.

Story here:

here

Great news! I for one am very happy for him and for his family.

[Edited on 2-5-2004 by jsobecky]

[Edited on 2-5-2004 by jsobecky]

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I'm glad he had the gumption and opportunity to escape ON HIS OWN since Bush/Cheneyburton weren't doing a damn thing for him.

That's right, I said it.

This just in... Fox just reported how he was found...

After escaping, Hamill walked until he hit an OIL PIPELINE which, of course, WAS being ferociously protected by US Troops that immediately overtook him.

That says it all really.

[Edited on 2-5-2004 by RANT]

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 07:20 AM
link   
dont get me wrong im very glad as well that he made it out, but it smells like catfish! i mean how in the hell did he excape thats some vigorious stuff right there, i understand he had prior knowledge about his surroundings, just thought they wouldnt of left him alone. cant wait to hear his story anyways. 3 cheers for hamil!

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

After escaping, Hamill walked until he hit an OIL PIPELINE which, of course, WAS being ferociously protected by US Troops that immediately overtook him.

[Edited on 2-5-2004 by RANT]

LOL...that's too funny! Typical oilfield worker - follow the pipelines, you'll get where you need be.

Rant - the spice must flow.

As for Bush/Cheney not doing anything. I'm basically ignoring that because had they rescued him you would be saying that they only worked to save him and not any of the others. You kind of tend to slap them no matter how things go

I am very very happy to hear Mr. Hamill is safe and okay. This is wonderful news to start a Sunday morning on.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   
He did the smart thing to follow the pipeline because he must have known it would be patrolled.

It's five o'clock somewhere - here's to him!

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I'm thrilled he escaped his captors. Thank the gods he's okay.

I can't help but wonder, however, how he managed to escape. Smells very fishy to me, too. What, he just happened to be caught by some Iraqis that decided not to pay attention...nah...don't quite add up to this skeptic

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I was wondering how long it would take for someone to turn this happy event into partisan bile.

Yes it is true that the Americans patrol the oil pipelines. They do it because it is the lifeblood of the Iraqi's, and will be theirs when we turn the country back to them on June 30th. That is, until Kofi and the French move in and suck them dry once again.

Why do they need to patrol the pipeline? Well, if they don't, then there are those inside Iraq who will sabotage it and set the oil fields on fire because....??? It does their country good to set the oilfields on fire, and watch their future economy go up in smoke and flames?

How does that work again?

new topics

top topics

join