It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Suzanna Gratia-Hupp & the 2nd Amendment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Dr. Suzanna Gratia-Hupp & the 2nd Amendment

Death of parents
On Wednesday, October 16, 1991, Hupp and her parents were having lunch at the Luby's in Killeen. She had left her handgun in her car to comply with Texas state law at the time which forbade carrying a concealed weapon.

When George Hennard drove his truck into the cafeteria and opened fire on the patrons, Hupp instinctively reached into her purse for her weapon, but it was in her vehicle. Her father, Al Gratia, tried to rush Hennard and was shot in the chest. As the gunman reloaded, Hupp escaped through a broken window and believed that her mother, Ursula Gratia, was behind her. Hennard put a gun to her mother's head as she cradled her mortally wounded husband. Hupp's mother and father were killed along with twenty-one other persons. Hennard also wounded some twenty others.

As a survivor of the Luby's massacre, Hupp testified across the country in support of concealed-handgun laws. She said that had there been a second chance to prevent the slaughter, she would have violated the Texas law and carried the handgun inside her purse into the restaurant.

Here's a video that I guarantee you won't forget anytime soon!! She didn't cry, although she came close to losing it, and she gave the politicians a reality check they dearly needed.........

2nd Amendment - Dr. Suzanna Gratia-Hupp testimony

Telling it like it really is!! I thought this might be something some here might like to hear - if you have not already.....

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 8/6/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
WOW, that's as cool a video as I have seen in a while. Of course even a great speech by a person like her won't get the fools she is speaking to to listen. She speaks with too much logic for them to understand.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
The simple logic of the fact that evil seeks the unarmed and weak to prey on IS the point; which is why the Progressives / Statist want us disarmed. Hitler would not have had so easy a time cooking Jews if he had first not disarmed them with the German Gun Control Act of 1933, which was later used almost word for word in the proposed American Gun Control by Clinton.

You just can not have the sheep armed you know, they might object to being sheared and cooked. Bad form when the prey shoots back.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Wow I thought for some reason you could conceal and carry in Texas. You can up here in MN as of 2003...
Well with a permit of course

PEACE!!!

[edit on 04/16/2009 by Lichter daraus]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
What's amazing to me is that more - who support gun rights & the 2nd Amendment - have not read and posted to this.
I know people have been reading it because of the flags & stars. But more important than flags & stars is the message this woman sends.

That being said - this occurred a long time ago and I believe you CAN carry concealed weapons in Texas now. Anyone more familar than me concerning this??

EDIT: spelling

[edit on 6/9/2009 by Champagne]

top topics

join