It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to familiarize yourself with this company ... seriously!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Wow thats kind of kinky. i dunno about this whole thing though you know the government will get there power hungry little hands on it and try to monitor us more then they already do. maybe even be able to controll out minds some how

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Pure Evil.

What ever happened to the Hippocratic oath?

Destroy these people immediatly.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

This is just too scary.

No wonder my constituents are starting to think that I am psychic!

I don't watch TV so when my co-workers and friends start talking about something that they heard on TV I try to point out the flaws and direct them in the correct direction. Everything that I have told them has been right on the money and we started these conversations just before the elections.

Now I am not psychic and anyone that is a true ATSer would have told them the same thing. It is just that they are so uninformed that they are willing to accept anything that is said on TV. So when you show them the truth, even though they scoff at the time, when your declarations prove to be true and the TV wrong you start to look like a person with special powers.

I know. I know. ATSers see this every day. I guess this is how religions were formed.

I am in the medical field and I have been warning my constituents for years that it was just a matter of time before this would be happen.

It will get worse. It will not just be about convincing people that it is an important tool in the management of their medical condition but failure to comply will allow your insurance company to refuse payment for your medication and your medical care.

Want to bet? Or do you just want to wait and then call me a prophet?

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
This technology sounds good but people forget Governments are about control. There's no way the green global warming crowd will ever let something like this get to the public.

Their plan is death through population control. The last thing they want is technology that will prolong life.

This is why I say global warming is just a tool to gain control over people's lives in order to "save the planet."

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Kurotachi

G'ments insatiable appetite for control will peter out. They will become disenfranchised and localised democracies will be the norm.

As processing power becomes exponentially greater and greater, then people power will also exponentially increase, much like we can empower ourselves with knowledge through wacky CT sites like ATS.

TPTB will loose their control at some point in time, once technology can facilitate the public through web 3.0 and beyond.

Their iron fists will soon rust, that i am pretty sure of...

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
sounds good...just want to make sure that if I desire, I can disable said sensors in the body easily and at home.

granted, one swift em pulse aimed at me would do the job, but thats a bit drastic...a button to push would be better.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Hey guys...
I don't like this technology. There will be nothing good that comes of this. We are not cyborgs. We have an unlimited amount resources on how to take care of ourselves, what to eat, and how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. If you die, you die, no big deal. That's the way it goes. You should have heeded the warnings your doctor gave you. Who thinks it's a great idea to prolong a compromised organism at the cost of tax payers? Who decides who get this technology? I have worked in hospitals here in southern CA. and I can tell you this; the E.D. is stacked FULL every day of drug addicts, alcoholics, 5150's, hypertensive, obese, homeless, apathetic, diseased people who are too afraid to put a gun to their head & get it over with. Given their chronic conditions & their utter disregard for their own health, these are the people that need this technology the most. Guess who will pay for that too?

I know I sound like a cold hearted S.O.B. I say let mother nature run her course to strip the dying leaves so that the tree may live. The common ailments that have reached epidemic levels in this country are directly proportional to the level of comfort and convenience we take for granted. This country has turned into a nation of slobs. Laziness kills. Now we want to rely on cyborg technology to enhance this American lifestyle. Nevermind the symptoms. Nevermind taking control and responsibility for what we put in our mouth. Nevermind getting in some physical activity. Can you imagine the further dereliction to one's own health when this technology becomes mainstream?

This is not medicine. It is a passport to keep things the way they are. I'm talking about our everyday environmental exposure that even the most health conscious are not immune from. Ever thought about that carpet under your feet? Made from hydrocarbons. The paint on the walls? Hydrocarbons. The plastics for packaging and storing food? Hydrocarbons. The fertilizers that are manufactured? Industrial waste and hydrocarbons. The bottles and teething toys? Hydrocarbons. The cheap melamine furnishings in our homes & offices? More industrial waste and hydrocarbons. The exhaust your breathing sitting in that traffic? Hydrocarbons and heavy metals. Let's not forget about the brake dust (carcinogenic) and the particulate tire dust (carcinogenic). Who can forget all the solvents and cleaning agents we use? Ever pick up a material safety data sheet on any of these products? Here in CA, things have gotten so bad that there are now prop 65 signs (state law requirement) everywhere. You are warned that the premises is a danger to your health. It still doesn't solve the problem. It merely transfers shouldering any responsibility by just letting you know.

This is exactly what this new technology will do, nullify control and personal responsibility. It will make big pharma richer. It will further our dependence for the "machine". It will further pound the healthcare system into the ground. It will foster more complacency and irresponsibility to one's own health. It will be lobbied by this company to be considered a legitimate handicap for all who carry around this chip whether needed or not. It will be used for tracking purposes for big brother in the guise of homeland security. Before long we'll all be forced to swallow it, shoved up our asses or even worse, injected without our knowledge and consent.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
This is cool tech. Too bad we as a species spend so much time and resources developing tech that merely monitors health and treats age related symptoms rather than focusing on a genetic cure for aging itself. Non age related diseases can be monitored without this tech, but some brain disorders could be addressed and maybe cured as others have said.

Nothing is wrong with this type of tech as long as it remains voluntary and helpful. Certainly humans desire control, and tech like this, even if developed by benign private industries, will be of interest to TPTB if it is perfected.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Did you ever stop to think how silly and also how dangerous it is to live our lives with absolutely no monitoring of our body’s medical status? Years from now people will look back and find it unbelievable that heart attacks, strokes, hormone imbalances, sugar levels, and hundreds of other bodily vital signs and malfunctions were not being continuously anticipated and monitored by medical implants. We can call this concept body 2.0, or the networked body, and we need it now!

Body 2.0 - Continuous Monitoring Of The Human Body

No mention of blood pressure? The easiest to monitor, as well as the most telling symptom of any of the aforementioned ailments.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by secretagent woooman
The thing is, there is legitimate use for this technology and if used correctly, proactively detecting heart attacks, strokes and other expensive crises has a positive effect on both insurance expenses and future medical costs. I come from a family with a long history of strokes and diabetic complications, I would not object to having this at my disposal.

Since when has the government ever left anything alone to perform it's intended purpose resourcefully and cost effective? I don't know you and don't want to hurt your feelings or offend you in any way, but can you honestly tell me your family members and yourself are in good health because of exercise and wise food choices? If not, you are willing to have this chip inside of you to continue living out your days as a slave to pathologic living?

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SelfDestruct

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Did you ever stop to think how silly and also how dangerous it is to live our lives with absolutely no monitoring of our body’s medical status? Years from now people will look back and find it unbelievable that heart attacks, strokes, hormone imbalances, sugar levels, and hundreds of other bodily vital signs and malfunctions were not being continuously anticipated and monitored by medical implants. We can call this concept body 2.0, or the networked body, and we need it now!

Body 2.0 - Continuous Monitoring Of The Human Body

No mention of blood pressure? The easiest to monitor, as well as the most telling symptom of any of the aforementioned ailments.

Don't forget the all important pulse.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

That company sounds like they have great technology. I am going to call my broker and see if I can get some info. Sounds like a great investment.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by alienstrangler

Well would she not be foolish to run from a technology that could:
1. Save her life
2. Save her money
3. Save society money.. ie the insurance companies or the government.

I swear some people on here are going to die from their fear of medicine and technology. Just because something has a chip in it does not mean that the boogeyman is going to use it to track your every move.

This mentality is no different than a bunch of natives in the jungle all dying of disease, but they wont take their medicine because they fear the white man is the devil. Is that how you want to live, like a superstitious group of people who live in the jungle and lack wisdom?

[edit on 9-6-2009 by grapesofraft]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

reply to post by grapesofraft

No, I'd rather be all smart and take everything big pharma/insurance/government tells me is for my own good without questioning it. Maybe wash it all down with a nice big thalidomide on the rocks and a mercury laced vaccine chaser.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft
reply to post by alienstrangler

Well would she not be foolish to run from a technology that could:
1. Save her life
2. Save her money
3. Save society money.. ie the insurance companies or the government.

I swear some people on here are going to die from their fear of medicine and technology. Just because something has a chip in it does not mean that the boogeyman is going to use it to track your every move.

This mentality is no different than a bunch of natives in the jungle all dying of disease, but they wont take their medicine because they fear the white man is the devil. Is that how you want to live, like a superstitious group of people who live in the jungle and lack wisdom?

[edit on 9-6-2009 by grapesofraft]

1st of all, there are agents in the insurance company working with doctors to circumvent pricey surgeries and treatments, in fact they pay the doctors to deny their hippocratic oath. Trust gone. Do you REALLY think insurance companies and the government are on your side? I don't take meds. I take care of myself. This is not a life saver. It's not even a money saver. Just wait until they do become public. Parasites like you will buy shares into this company hoping to score big for doing absolutely nothing of value or honor. The focus of this company will shift to the share holders like you who get their panties in a knot when the company's not making a profit. Big brother will gladly help out so long as their requisites are met. This can involve ANYTHING! Our gov has a crafty way of getting what they want. You will not give a rats ass as long as your investment pays dividends. Big pharma, big gov, & big insurance cos. will tighten the noose using this technology. Believe me. I've said it once & I'll say it again, who cares if people die at their own hands? Why cater to the lowest common denominator? They wouldn't even be able to afford this technology anyway much less deserve it. So it would be fair to say that it would model healthcare as it stands today by making the people (taxpayers) pay. What else do you know about a company who has a product like no other? If you said an enormous cost you are correct. Point is we're all gonna die embrace it. Quit trying to live longer and drain the rest of us who are proactively taking care of ourselves. It's just a big scam.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienstrangler

i accidentally starred you, so don't go suckin your own johnson yet!

LOL, is that your normal response when you get a post starred? Yikes, if you ever post something people really like you might pass out.

I dont see why you are upset. I am just pointing out that most things can be used for good or bad, and it is not always healthy to assume things are going to be used for something bad.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft

Originally posted by alienstrangler

i accidentally starred you, so don't go suckin your own johnson yet!

LOL, is that your normal response when you get a post starred? Yikes, if you ever post something people really like you might pass out.

I dont see why you are upset. I am just pointing out that most things can be used for good or bad, and it is not always healthy to assume things are going to be used for something bad.

Yea kinda went off the deep end, but can't you see everything that ever was good is being used against us? MODS: Johnson is not a bad word! So suck it! Or is IT a bad word too?

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join