It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to familiarize yourself with this company ... seriously!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
The name is Proteus (the protagonist) Biomedical, and what a fabulously sinister name at that.

However what they are and have developed is not in the least funny ...

First, their technology:

Proteus Biomedical’s ingestible and implantable technologies are the foundation for the development of the company’s intelligent medical products.

The company’s ingestible technology makes intelligent pharmaceuticals possible: microchip-enabled medications that provide patients with valuable information to customize their therapy. The company’s implantable ChipSkin™ technology adds intelligence to any implanted medical device: tiny active electronics that expand the performance of devices that use electrical energy to deliver therapy inside the body.

Ingestible Technology

Proteus ingestible event markers (IEMs) are tiny, digestible sensors made from food ingredients, which are activated by stomach fluids after swallowing. Once activated, the IEM sends an ultra low-power, private, digital signal through the body to a microelectronic receiver that is either a small bandage style skin patch or a tiny device insert under the skin. The receiver date- and time-stamps, decodes, and records information such as the type of drug, the dose, and the place of manufacture, as well as measures and reports physiologic measures such as heart rate, activity, and respiratory rate.

The IEM is manufactured on silicon wafers, and is extremely economical to produce, costing a few cents per sensor in large quantities.

The IEM is the cornerstone of the company’s Raisin™ System, which is currently in clinical development. The Raisin™ System measures the body’s response to medications and is intended to improve the management of chronic diseases like heart failure, infectious disease and psychiatric disorders.

Implantable Technology

One of the significant challenges preventing widespread use of implanted medical device therapies is the disintegration of active electronics upon exposure to body fluids. Proteus’ ChipSkin™ technology eliminates this issue by providing an extremely thin and durable protective layer that ensures long-term survival and performance of micro-scale implanted devices. ChipSkin enables any implanted medical device to contain active electronics and dramatically expands the capability of existing implanted devices that utilize electrical energy to stimulate, pace or regulate body function. For example, providing 32 locations to pace the left side of the heart instead of only two or four, improving the clinical efficacy of cardiac resynchronization therapy.

ChipSkin technology is the cornerstone of the company’s therapeutic device products, which are currently in clinical development. These intelligent implanted devices offer the potential to transform therapy for patients with heart failure, chronic pain, and other disorders.

proteusbiomed.com

Have this swirl around the old conspiratorial noggin for a little while ...

And as you do also consider it in a greater context:

Did you ever stop to think how silly and also how dangerous it is to live our lives with absolutely no monitoring of our body’s medical status? Years from now people will look back and find it unbelievable that heart attacks, strokes, hormone imbalances, sugar levels, and hundreds of other bodily vital signs and malfunctions were not being continuously anticipated and monitored by medical implants. We can call this concept body 2.0, or the networked body, and we need it now!

Body 2.0 - Continuous Monitoring Of The Human Body

Related article:

Proteus Ingestible Microchip Hits Clinical Trials

Simmer in a little fear:

A moral panic can be defined as "the intensity of feeling expressed by a large number of people about a specific group of people who appear to threaten the social order at a given time."

snip

Moral panics are by-products of controversies that produce arguments and social tension, or aren't easily discussed as some of these moral panics are taboo to many people. The media have long operated as agents of moral indignation, even if they are not self-consciously engaged in crusading or muckraking. Simply reporting the facts can be enough to generate concern, anxiety or panic.

Moral Panics have several distinct features. The process by which these are created is best explained with Cohen's Deviancy Amplification Spiral:

Concern - There must be awareness that the behaviour of the group or category in question is likely to have a negative impact on society.

Hostility - Hostility towards the group in question increases, and they become "folk devils". A clear division forms between "them" and "us".

Consensus - Though concern does not have to be nationwide, there must be widespread acceptance that the group in question poses a very real threat to society. It is important at this stage that the "moral entrepreneurs" are vocal and the "folk devils" appear weak and disorganised.

Disproportionality - The action taken is disproportionate to the actual threat posed by the accused group.

Volatility - Moral panics are highly volatile and tend to disappear as quickly as they appeared due to a wane in public interest or news reports changing to another topic. *

H1N1 as a 'Mass Hysteria' and 'Moral Panic' experiment

Let the fear create the pretext:

Until now, technologies like GPS have mainly been used to help people figure out where they are and what is nearby. As networked devices like the iPhone become more popular, new applications let people track their children or friends, and could give companies and governments access to their location. *

Japan explores using cell phones to stop pandemics

Can you hear me now?

I invite you to read and consider all the related material above ...

It is happening before our eyes, right here, right now.

[edit on 8 Jun 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
The thing is, there is legitimate use for this technology and if used correctly, proactively detecting heart attacks, strokes and other expensive crises has a positive effect on both insurance expenses and future medical costs. I come from a family with a long history of strokes and diabetic complications, I would not object to having this at my disposal.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Welcome to the Human 2.0

I thought Verichip was making headway in implantable technology, but this stuff sounds awesome

It seems we are an evolutionary step closer, where our bodies become a 'throw-away' vessel.

Imagine the future where IEM's become nanobots which are able to find their way to the brains vasculature; a predefined program could then activate/deactivate neurons and the cerebellum functions, so it can bring back to life motor functions such as speech loss etc. Parkinsons disease amongst other degenerative diseases, would become a thing of the past.

These intelligent brain nanobots could then execute diagnostic programs and work out pathway deficiencies and run a patch, so the recipient will be reborn with full mental faculty.

What if, the IEM's could send neurological impulses back to the skin patch which is then interfaced to some quantum super-computer, wherein your brain is mapped. Your entity/consciousness will then live forever, even after your body dies, by uploading the brain profile back into a cyborg or other human recipient; you'd be able to live forever transcending the archaic transition of death.

I am all for this technology, HOWEVER when you hear about the Singularity University set up to to collaborate the greatest minds on the planet funded by Google and NASA, you have to question any ulterior motives.

Once g'ments start to get involved with a kill-switch for the IEM's, then the whole purpose of human-machine interface becomes an insidious, totalitarian paradigm.

Please check out my uTube signature link; it's a great song about singularitarianism.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Creepy!

In the future, good food, actual cures, and a lack of poisons will go much further than this intrusive tech - at least if *I* have anything to do with it.

S&F, Dog-Man!

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
That is scary, however, I can see both sides of the debate on this one. If you have a family history of something that can be forseen and prevented, or if a life can be saved, ok, but on the other hand, this in the wrong hands would be wrong. Very wrong. And the most likely scenario is this technology is being develped for the wrong reasons and has a very good sales rep pushing the product and neglecting to mention them.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
The future is WOW
With rapid medical advances I hope to see this a common place technology within my lifetime. I always said I was born 100 years too early

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I too can see both sides of this one. For me with chronic nerve damage and the pain that I will never be rid of, this could change my life and possibly make it so I could actually earn a living again. But that is probably so far from actual use that it will be too late for me.

Yet, with the sinister minds of corporate profiteers and government I wonder if some of these scientific discoveries are more of a problem than a help.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Thanks SDog for bringing this story to our conspiracy-swollen eyes.

Just to show how immersed my thought processes are, I just read all the linked stories and utter a ....... um...... fecal expletive. My Bride came in and said, "WHAT?? what??" She read most of it and declared "GREAT! maybe I'll be able to monitor my immune response to my r. arthritis soon!"

She's all for it, of course, imagining not having to risk wrecking her kidneys with NSAIDs. [side note: I've been able to really help her with tumeric, ginger, and accupressure].

I'm looking at her with absolute shock on my face, thinking OMG...... I'm going to be married to a......... robowife. EEK!

I really have to get out more.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

It's probably not a bad idea to have but one CT in every marriage, balance things out you know.

A few folk on this thread have indeed thought that some of the presented technology and government programs are at face value a good idea. (I don't know what they're doing on a CT site but there you have it)
j/k folks.

However think about it ...

You couldn't well tell people that the PTB is going to force them to be chipped, monitored, and tracked without a revolution on their hands.

It is precisely how conspiracies work ...

Get people to buy in to various seemingly unrelated technologies and programs which on their face each one, on an individual basis, seems to have or even does have merits.

But that's not really the issue here ...

As a CT we are to find the dots and connect them where others observe nothing.

Even if one concedes that all of the different angles and considerations put forth in the OP are not part of a yet determined PTB master plan, the mere fact that I thought of it makes it feasible. And that's just based on the things we know.

[edit on 8 Jun 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by opal13
That is scary, however, I can see both sides of the debate on this one. If you have a family history of something that can be forseen and prevented, or if a life can be saved, ok, but on the other hand, this in the wrong hands would be wrong. Very wrong. And the most likely scenario is this technology is being develped for the wrong reasons and has a very good sales rep pushing the product and neglecting to mention them.

The issue is... It is in the hands of the Lizard Hearted now. Sure, they will hype it all pretty - much like the "medicines," patentable chemicals all, pumped out by the pharmaceutical companies. THEY say, gee, this is GREAT! And don't mention that they might (and DO often) cause not only seizures, but create permanent epilepsy.

Paint it all pretty and we will buy it.

I am very afraid. I wonder if that "skin" stuff will coat the RFID chip...

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

No offense, but spending the last year on this site has done nothing to prove any conspiracy theories for me but it does show how addictive anger is. What I have noticed is a lot of people want to feel they are so important that A) the government wants to silence them and B) a government with a HUGE mess on its hands that it cannot manage at present also has the time and money to follow them like a nanny.

Face it, they DO NOT have the time or funds to track the whereabouts and mischief of more than 300 million people at any given time, if they did the illegal immigration and anti-terrorism situations would be nonexistent. Even if they did, are most of you important enough to be offed? Nope, and I'm willing to bet the local FBI has never heard of any of you. One thing is for sure, if there is an extinction level event in the coming years and some of you are lucky enough to land on no-feed lists for your efforts, I will apologize to you profusely and share my bread with you.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I have always known that the chip would come and that it would be implanted on a massive scale, but I have never had the feeling that it would be forced upon anyone. Instead I believe that people will line up by the dozen to have themselves purposefully augmented.

First it will control your medicine and contain your medical records (in case of an emergency), then as a means of locating you in case you are ever lost or kidnapped, thirdly to identify us all as citizens so "they" can't sneak into our country (illegals, terrorists, illegal terrorists etc), then it will be used for banking and purchasing power. They are already being used to track automobiles, packages, elderly people, children, pets and the like.

What people wont know is that it can also be used to track you down making privacy or escape impossible, it will also be used as an internal spying and/or listening device, and lastly it will be a means to shut you down in one fell swoop and erase your ability to survive.

Turn off the chip you have instantly no money, no identification as a citizen and no access to medical aid. And for added measure maybe they will include some sort of kill device inside which could be used as a remote controlled destruct button, just in case you get out of line.

This technology already exists, and one day not being chipped will mean not being able to function in society. I only hope that when it happens I am too old and too tired to give a damn or know the difference.

[edit on 6/8/09 by BlackOps719]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
It's not the threat you can see that'll get you, it's the one you don't see.

Interesting reading, and somewhat disturbing.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Proteus is one of the sons of the sea God posiden.

It also means proto type creature, or Creature in the state of Change. No doubt this particular Company has no respect for human DNA and has transhumanist and posthumanist ambitions.

Thanks for bring this to attention.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Thanks so much for the information. This is reason why I come to this site. Underground news.

[edit on 9-6-2009 by Teeky]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Sounds like a really sweet, new age, away to have yourself an unfortunate overdose........

Or a planned one.........

im all about technology but some of it is just a lil too freaky for me.....to one point it sounds great, huge advances......but on the other it puts a little more control in other peoples hands that i would just as soon, them not have

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Certainly, you can also see the danger involved here. If some type of nano chip can find its way to restructure the neuro pathways of the brain, what makes you think it will be for the benefit of healing? Doesn't it make more sense that it is a perfect cover for the ultimate goal, mind control Wipe out the conscious all together and what do you have, the perfect killing machine, minus the moral fiber, the one thing that distinguishes humans from robots.

The benefit, (for the Bio company of course) humans are much cheaper to manufacture than robots. Absolutely horrific thought! The bigger question, how do we fight something like this? I would love to know, who gets paid how much to sit around and think of this baffling Draconian BS?

[edit on 9-6-2009 by paxnatus]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
interesting stuff, the biotech revolution is upon us and in full swing

facilitated by the steady increase in nanotech, id say were on the verge of a medical and consumer product revolution.

New nanotechnology consumer products are coming on the market at the rate of 3-4 per week, a finding based on the latest update to the nanotechnology consumer product inventory maintained by the Project on Emerging Nanotechnologies

The number of consumer products using nanotechnology has grown from 212 to 609 since PEN launched the world’s first online inventory of manufacturer-identified nanotech goods in March 2006. Health and fitness items, which includes cosmetics and sunscreens, represent 60 percent of inventory products. The colorful and searchable list of nanotechnology merchandise—containing everything from nanotech diamonds and cooking oil, to golf clubs and iPhones

www.physorg.com...

but the most real substance will come from the medical feild

Applications of nanotechnology in medicine currently being developed involve employing nano-particles to deliver drugs, heat, light or other substances to specific cells in the human body. Engineering particles to be used in this way allows detection and/or treatment of diseases or injuries within the targeted cells, thereby minimizing the damage to healthy cells in the body.

www.understandingnano.com...

Nanotechnology is poised to change all that. A few nanotech-enabled medical products and pharmaceuticals are either on the market or in the pipeline, and right behind them is a vast new research and development infrastructure being funded generously and built quickly. Today, nanotechnology brings us closer to fulfillment of the Salk promise, cures for mankind's deadliest diseases. But before that could happen, science needed to go smaller – smaller than the murderous viruses, small enough to attack tumors and destroy them from within. Smaller because, in the words of buckyball co-discoverer and nobel laureate Richard Smalley, "that's really where the action is."

www.nsti.org...

as with anything else there is potential for abuse. . . not sure if ill be popping any transmiters any time soon, but this could be a real step forward for people if we play are cards right

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Gosh I hope the FDA approves it so we can all know we're safe!

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by StopComplaining
Proteus is one of the sons of the sea God posiden.

It also means proto type creature, or Creature in the state of Change. No doubt this particular Company has no respect for human DNA and has transhumanist and posthumanist ambitions.

Thanks for bring this to attention.
wow...could be the mark of the beast.

just great!

Revelation 13:1 and he stood upon the sand of the sea. And I saw a beast coming up out of the sea, having ten horns and seven heads, and on his horns ten diadems, and upon his heads names of blasphemy

[edit on 9-6-2009 by reject]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join