It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS FLASH: Scientists discover beer goggles are a myth!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
What? Hey?

But I've used that excuse since dancing to Black Box in a discoteque in 1990.

Yes its true, aparently beer actually makes you find peoiple MORE unnatractive.

What what what?????

Yes you heard me.

So really we just used the disease beer goggleitis as an excuse when we have pulled a shocker and we know it!

(I really dont talk like this, but its kinda needed for the story

In a groundbreaking discovery, scientists have found that there's not such thing as "beer goggles" (they were taking a break from finding a cure for cancer, you see). In fact, alcohol actually has the opposite effect, and makes men see women as less attractive. Researchers asked 240 men and women (half of whom had consumed alcohol, to varying effects) to rate photos of women on their attractiveness, and to try to guess their ages. While women found it more difficult to guess the ages of the women in the photos when inebriated, men did not. Dr Vincent Egan, from the University of Leicester, said: "This study suggests that alcohol consumption and make-up use do not interfere with how old we perceive someone to be. "Another interesting finding was that overall participants who drank alcohol actually rated all the women in the photos as less attractive, compared to the participants who hadn't drunk alcohol. This seemingly flies in the face of the commonly held notion of 'beer goggles'." The lesson? Don't get tanked - you'll find that guy at the bar a lot more enticing.

www.cosmopolitan.com.au...

[edit on 8-6-2009 by zazzafrazz]

[edit on 8-6-2009 by asala]

Mod Note: Breaking General News Posting Guidelines- Please Review This Link

the submission must be made via the Submit News Button located on the toolbar at the top of the page.

[edit on Mon Jun 8 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Its stupid because they only showed them photos.What useless research.Its a combination of things that lead to chewing your arm off the next morning, otherwise known as beer goggles.Being drunk, dancing, loud music, egged on by ya mates, sexual suggestions.So many factors lead to it i reckon and obviously they never heard off the term "blind drunk".Useless nerdy scientists need to go out and do a bit of field research not get others drunk and show them pictures in cold clinical style.

*Disclaimer* Azador would not know about drunken shenanigans he's only going off what he has heard

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Ah, the scientists doing experiments on the kinds of parties they never get invited to.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Here is a typical example.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
No, not having it.

I assure you I have woke up a few times in the morning and I absolutely MUST have had my beer goggles on.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
And now to debunk the scientists with real world evidence:

Beer case closed.

[edit on 9 Jun 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Actually I will agree with the scientists here even if their research is flawed.

I have very low self esteem. That is until I get drunk and start thinking I am hot [snip] I have gone home with a couple of women that the next morning when I woke up I had to say to myself. Wow for a woman with just one arm that lady is pretty hot!

Oh wait....

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
WUKKY
NO!!!! Self esteem is yours to have or not.

Nothing cuter than a guy with self esteem (just sure of himself, not vain) especially when he's not traditionally goodlooking, then he is really sexy!
No beer goggles when i say this i promise

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Scientists can discover what the hell they like. Beer goggles are a fact. Who hasn't woken up in a strange bed and been given a fright? I'll be honest and admit I've done my share of the frightening too
Glad those days are past. The awkward small talk as you discreetly look for your clothes and the exit...or pretending to be asleep until she makes her escape. Toe-curling fun!

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
What in the world are these scientists talking about? Beer goggles don't exist........Where in the world have they been??!! If beer goggles don't exist, then whats gonna happen to all of those sober people??

As for why scientists discovered this, they don't have a clue about life as we know it.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
EDIT: NM

[edit on 6-9-2009 by zazzafrazz]

new topics

top topics

join