It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA Web Page Shows Martial Law Exercise With Foreign Troops

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
FEMA Web Page Shows Martial Law Exercise With Foreign Troops
Set for July 2009

Australia, Canada, Mexico and the United Kingdom are invited to join with The United States Government thru FEMA. They call it National Level Exercise 2009 (NLE 09).

The FEMA web site states:” National Level Exercise 2009 (NLE 09) is scheduled for July 27 through July 31, 2009. NLE 09 will be the first major exercise conducted by the United States government that will focus exclusively on terrorism prevention and protection, as opposed to incident response and recovery.”

Terrorism PREVENTION and PROTECTION, instead of incident RESPONSE and RECOVERY. This places a whole new mantle on FEMA responsibilities. I suppose that the foreign troops will just be for window dressing.

Here is a site with some back ground
targetfreedom.typepad.com...

Get it here straight from the horses mouth
www.fema.gov...

I can’t shake the feeling that this is just a dress rehearsal, for what’s to come.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
It may not even be a dress rehearsal but the real thing disguised as a dress rehearsal. I read on another ATS thread today that they are planning for war after July 4th and that the military will be too occupied to keep the masses under control. It must be a huge operation in the works.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

could you link to what thread you read that on?

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

I think I need to be away on a holiday those days. I'm thinking if it's a test I burn a few of my holidays, but if it's not a dress rehearsal then I most definately do not want to be in a major city.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I dont know how to link things, but it is called "Possible Military Action after July 4" and it is in the newest threads list.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
reply to post by grapesofraft

could you link to what thread you read that on?

here you go
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
It makes sense for them to con0duct that kind of exercise due to the Pakistan and North Korea situations. Let's not even mention the proposed Iranian invasion, that is political suicide.

If things really start to escalate domestic terrorism is inevitable, foreign operatives are known to be on our continent and it would not be hard for them to pull something off. I do not believe much of what the government claims but the fact is they have stopped many domstic terrorist acts since 911 and that is coming from a very reputable former Homeland Security director I know personally and he is not one to fudge reality.

Khomeini conducted the Iranian Revolution from Paris, not Tehran, by phone, just think of how much easier digital technology and cellular phones would make this now. Not to mention the sizable segment of people in this country who would seize a moment of opportunity in utter chaos, America is full of fringe groups and unstable people waiting for a sign to throw their own two cents in to no good end. No offense, this site has its resident wackos but it's frightening to read most other conspiracy sites, especially the religious ones. Judging by them this is the United States of Travis Bickle, not America.

Looking at the worst case scenario (which probably won't happen), would you prefer them to be prepared or would you rather relive 911 or worse? Me, I'd rather deal with temporary restrictions and see the country survive intact, 911 has slowly killed the economy as badly as the mortgage and credit crisises. At the rate at which businesses are failing far more won't survive a big hit, especially if it means shutting down international trade and commerce. It's better for us to deal with restrictions for a short term and be able to remain solvent than for everyone to go down the toilet.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I'm noticing now there is quite a few undercover police and possibly CSIS patrols in my neighborhood. My guess is there marking there targets early to get ahead of the coming situation to unfold sometime this summer. Also the military is starting to make there presence known on city streets and police are starting to become a little more aggressive each day.

Enjoy life now before it goes south for good.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Oil

Do you live near DC, NYC or a military installation? Most of the comments about increased police presence and "undercovers" appear to be from certain major cities and sites near military bases or weapons systems, which is the normal course of action. I live close to two armories in an area with heavy LEO presence and there is no increased police presence, monitoring or new activity at the bases. No hints of deployment or pending action and we'd hear about it long before the public if anything were to be set in motion due to disclosure regulations.

I've asked contacts at Disney and Sea World if security has been increased and they said no, they would be among the first contacted for security reasons due to previous threats against them since 911. Orlando is both a primary nuclear and terrorist target, the first places you would find increased presence are in those zones and it is not happening one bit. No reports from Orange County LEOs on increased patrols, new training or joint training exercises, they love to brag about that stuff so it obviously isn't going down. Not to mention, they do have to legally disclose it to prevent panic during the exercises or from overloading 9-11 with calls.

Increased presence would be expected at the ports between DC to NYC, New Orleans and other ports along the West Coast since there is talk of the US randomly seizing and searching North Korean vessels or boats carrying imports to that country. That's common sense, not paranoia.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by secretagent woooman

I understand the terrible need for response training. Their stated purpose is terrorism PREVENTION in this excersise! That would seem to be a job mandated to Homeland Security, would it not? FEMA was supposed to be dedictated to handling Emergent situations,disasters that have already happened. Now they are taking responsibility for prevention of terrorist threats, why?

Also what business do these foreign countries(allies or not) have to do with our "National Security"?

This excercise is supposed to take place within a four State region, LA.,TX.,NM. and OK. My question would be why there? Why not the North East portion of the country,or the West Coast. Those areas would be a more likely target than the Southern Mid West states.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Why those states. My guess for LA NM and Texas they are all border states. Not sure why OK would be in there would think AZ would also be in the mix to see how well the Mexican military can deal with and interact with illegal aliens.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Reply to post by secretagent woooman

Now that you mention it. Ilive in Louisville, KY. Home of Churchill DOwns (my place of employment) and KY Derby. Derby ran May 2 this year. We had military police running traffic control and patrolling the streets, as Derby is a major event and brings 1 million+ tourists to Louisville. But being as it has been over for lil over a month now they should have left, right?
There are still MANY military police patrolling our streets. I got pulled over, handcuffed, name and social security number ran, then searched, before being released, on my way to work the other day by one of these units. This is becoming common place here. Official reason behind them pulling me over, was they were looking for drug dealers and I have a nice car. It's not just NYC, its all over, and it's increasing.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Reply to post by skeetontheconspiracy

I should also mention, FT. Knox is right down the street from us, and Naval Ordinance here is a location of a FEMA camp, I've noticed the barbed wire fence facing inwards as to keep people inside, not out.
Keep your eyes open for that. People needing to keep trespassers outside, have barbed wire atop fencing at anangle facing away from property, harder to climb over. Why else would the barbed wire atop fences angle inwards, unless it is meant to keep people inside.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeetontheconspiracy
Reply to post by secretagent woooman

Now that you mention it. Ilive in Louisville, KY. Home of Churchill DOwns (my place of employment) and KY Derby. Derby ran May 2 this year. We had military police running traffic control and patrolling the streets, as Derby is a major event and brings 1 million+ tourists to Louisville. But being as it has been over for lil over a month now they should have left, right?
There are still MANY military police patrolling our streets. I got pulled over, handcuffed, name and social security number ran, then searched, before being released, on my way to work the other day by one of these units. This is becoming common place here. Official reason behind them pulling me over, was they were looking for drug dealers and I have a nice car. It's not just NYC, its all over, and it's increasing.

By what authority do they have the right to detain and question a civilian?
If you were on a military base or were active military I could maybe see them stopping you. But a civilian on a city street,I don't see where they would have jurisdiction.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by drift393

The web site just gives the states in zone VI. LA,TX,NM,OK and Arkansas.
Texas and New Mexico being border states and LA and ARK. being on the Mississippi river may have something to do with why they chose that particular region. Also maybe they need to see how the American Indians will react to FEMA orders.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Reply to post by daddyroo45

I don't know about the jurisdiction thing. I know they were military police though. I thought MP's had jursidiction everywhere as part of some legal act? Posse comitus or something like that.
I'm sure if they would have found something illegal on me they could have done something about it.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by secretagent woooman

I`m in Canada dude the last place you expect the government bring out the big guns.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   

IMHO...they are planning on the use of foreign troops for law enforcement in the future.

I think they do the drills for several reasons...first one being to train the foreign troops to do law enforcement in the U.S., get the troops ready.

The second reason is to condtion the public to accept it is happening, but it is not a threat as it is just a drill.

Third... when they do these drills FEMA NLE 09 , even our own troops are conditioned by the actual drillls themselves.

Seems to me this violates the the Posse Comitatus Act.

I think this is their way around it...

HR 645 could be used, were it to be adopted, in the case of public health emergency. It obviously bears a direct relationship to the economic crisis and the likelihood of mass protests across America. It constitutes a further move to militarize civilian law enforcement, repealing the Posse Comitatus Act.

In the words of Rep. Ron Paul:

“…the fusion centers, militarized police, surveillance cameras and a domestic military command is not enough… Even though we know that detention facilities are already in place, they now want to legalize the construction of FEMA camps on military installations using the ever popular excuse that the facilities are for the purposes of a national emergency. With the phony debt-based economy getting worse and worse by the day, the possibility of civil unrest is becoming a greater threat to the establishment. One need only look at Iceland, Greece and other nations for what might happen in the United States next.” (Daily Paul, September 2008, emphasis added)
url

[edit on 31-7-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I can find no arguement with your logic. I wonder if this drill has something to do with how the Indian Nations would handle"military presence" on their lands?
It looks like this whole operation is meant to desensitize the people to military action.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Yes...and that is interesting you bring up the "Natives" ...there was a document not too long ago that had been posted on the Virgina State Website...and it contained racist remarks. It even went so far as to say that American Indians should be watched because they "could" pose a terrorist threat.

Apparently Virginia decided it did not like all the attention (probably did not want to get sued) and took the document down, after it hit Alex Jones Site...full thread here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

It seems that possibly TPTB do not want us to feel "at home" any longer in our own country.

<<   2 >>

join