It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok, I have to ask you about Obama.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
After six months of this guy, we know nothing of Obama.

You can tell a lot about a person by the company that he keeps.
Some of Obama's Friends Thread

What does that tell ya?

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by demo_man07
Some worry because he’s black, others because he has an odd name ...

Huh???? Where did you get that from?

I think the root of the fears/hate are that Obama is not playing by the status quo

Wrong. take another look. The list is very long of the reasons why people don't like Obama. I refer you back to my first post. It's not because he's bucking the 'status quo'. That's silly. He's embraced it. He's a typical liar of a lawyer/politician with no experience and bad policies that will harm this country. PERIOD.

From my first post ... the reason why I don't like Obama - none of them are because he's black, has a 'funny' name, or because he is different from the status quo.

Trillions in debt.
Nationalization of banks and private corporations.
He's a racist. Discussed Here
He's a liar.
He doesn't know what he's doing due to his severe lack of experience.
He's just a New World Order tool.
He doesn't believe in 'selective vaccinations' (so he'll force swine flu
vaccines).
He wants to 'redistribute wealth'.
He wants to punish the productive and reward the lazy with his 'soak the rich' taxes.
He wastes tax payer money on his 'vacations'.
His broken promises about 'no lobbiests will have a job in my White House'.
Discussed here .
His nafarious underworld connections - Discussed here .
Appointment of Eric Holder

ACORN
His power grab bringing the power of the Census to the White House.
His unending 'Apology Tour' - where he goes overseas, hat in hand, and blames America for everything.

Mostly -

In that video when he says that he's the only candidate to oppose the war from the beginning ... he's telling yet another lie. At one point he said that his view on the war is the same as Bush 43.

Obama to Tim Russert in 2004

There’s not much of a difference between my position on Iraq and George Bush’s position at this stage

transcript

it’s looking like there is a good chance that he will actually be able to make some of the changes he’s talked about.

THAT is frightening!!

The truth is that Obama is a moderate Democrat who wants to do what’s best for the country.

You are wrong on both counts. He's not a moderate Democrat and he definately isn't doing what's best for the country.

[edit on 6/10/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by demo_man07
reply to post by NoHopeForSome

"Getting Things Done
President Obama hit the ground running and hasn’t stopped. He’s got ideas on pretty much everything, from how to win our two wars to how to insure our entire population. Unlike other presidents it’s looking like he might actually be able to put some of these ideas into action. That presents the possibility of real concrete change. That just pushes some people over the edge.

Ha..Ha! This is so funny! Yes he has hit the ground running, right into a BRICK WALL. They are not his ideas, they are the ideas of his Powers that Be, and his PTB are not us. Bush was able to put a lot of his ideas in action too! Now what is that saying!

[edit on 10-6-2009 by Starseed32]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

kinda kurious, when I stated that the Federal Government never, ever, created a single job, you reply with some of the New Deal "back to work" programs.

The government didn't create those jobs. There was no capital investment, a business, profits and thus jobs.

They printed money and "borrowed" money to "create" tasks - TASKS - not jobs.

Of course these men received paychecks. But these weren't real jobs.

Only WWII saved the US and finally pulled us out of the Depression.

The government employs thousands and thousands of people. But when the government writes those payroll checks, the money comes from the taxes paid be real workers.

Even a basic course in Macro and then Micro economics should be required before High School.

The ignorance of the American people in economic and financial basics is just heartbreaking.

Lyndon B. Johnson's Great Society. Yeah. We've now raised three generations of retards on the dole.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoHopeForSome
What has he done to piss you all off? He closed GB, which is good, He wants to give public healthcare, which if done right is fantasic, and he is not GW Bush.

In all seriousness, I don't understand what the issue is. Please can somebody tell me why. I mean, We all know why Gordon Brown is hated, but I don't follow US politics much, so I would love to know why the American people are so mad at him when he has seemingly not done much so far...

1.Bank Bailout

2.Car Industry Bailout

3.White House owning 60% of GM (General Motors)

4.Obama disrespecting the British government (our ally) by giving them 25 Classic movies when the British government gave us a ornamental pen holder made from the timbers of the Victorian anti-slave ship HMS Gannet.

And the list goes on

Alien Mind

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Alien Mind

4.Obama disrespecting the British government (our ally) by giving them 25 Classic movies when the British government gave us a ornamental pen holder made from the timbers of the Victorian anti-slave ship HMS Gannet.

just the fact that you know this points to serious issues. I think it is advisable for you to do your best to get a life...other than your beloved fox news and msnbc politics. doing your best to widen the false gap between "republicans and democrats" solves nothing. there must be better things you can do with your time?

community service is a noble hobby

in reality as poor a choice obama is for president, it wouldnt matter if the man was declared a saint by the pope; the only thing some people have in this world is to hold on to what they know. in many cases that is hate or some ideology of the way they think things should be or are. anything different form their perspective becomes alien to them in their own disillusion, and therefor a rejectionist attitude is adopted.

when obama is gone, there will be a new generation of leftist who will rebel against anything from the "other side." this is done to keep the veil pulled over the american eyes and to keep the game rolling along like it has for the last 2 millenia. all the while it makes absolutely no difference who sits in the big white house as supreme actor of all the fools.

a simple look over world and american history will prove my point. foreign policy has not changed since before WWI...makes you wonder who the top dawg really is?

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by cbianchi513

I get the impression that you, like the OP, have the luxury of viewing this from a distance. It is perhaps easier for folks with courtside seats to see more of the action than the actual players on the court, is it not?

Hate to burst your thought bubble, but your assumption is wrong.

I am a small business owner and approaching early retirement age. (55) I have laid off my entire staff, leveraged my home to save my business, lost 40% of my life/retirement savings and will probably be working the next 20 years. I had done everything "right" by most standards.

So, I honestly don't know why you think I have some silver spoon. I have dirt under my fingernails and a few holes in my socks. Due to severe health issues, my health insurance premiums (wife and me, no kids) are $750/mo. I drive a 10 year old car. Yeah, I'm a freakin' Rock Star.

Blame, like Grief has many stages and they must be experienced to move on. I just take it as it comes and calls 'em as I sees 'em.

"I started with nothing and still have most of it left."

Regards...KK

[edit on 11-6-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper

They printed money and "borrowed" money to "create" tasks - TASKS - not jobs.

OK, so in one post you say the Government NEVER created a SINGLE job ever. Then I point out that 8 million jobs were created by WPA. (with link)

Then you call them "Tasks" not "Jobs". Admittedly, I don't defend well against Yard Sale logic whereby bits and pieces of wothless junk are strewn about and of no value at any price. Pure nonsensical semantics.

I suppose this isn't an internet chat forum. By your skewering of logic and language, it is actually an electron-energized cerebral thought exchange vortex.

I honestly don't know what makes some people so naive. But whatever it is, it sure seems to be working. DENY IGNORANTS (sic)

Regards...KK

[edit on 11-6-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
There are multiple things that I am frustrated about with the Anointed One.

The one that really pisses me off and regrets me voting FOR him is...

Spending not billions of my tax dollars, but trillions upon trillions of my grand children's tax dollars on ambiguous, naively studied projects. Subject titles sound great. 87 Billion to health care, 12 billion to infrastructure, etc... Break it down and its more like, 2.2 million for a guardrail in Oklahoma 93 miles into rural back country to protect a "river" which is just a dried out riverbed here, bridge to nowhere there, oh lets make the secondary education system like the public education system, teachers at minimum wage and scrape the bottom of the bucket for faculty members.

I'm going to die with empty pockets, my children will be lucky to have clothes, and my grand children will be lucky to live to see preschool.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by NoHopeForSome

For a visual representation of BO's current U.S. opinion:

Latest Gallop Poll Results on Obama

Appears that from the beginning BO's ratings had far less people with disapproval opinions than currently. In the same time span, approval ratings have declined somewhat. It will be interesting to see the continued life of this graph...seems to me the upper (approval) and lower (disapproval) portions are moving closer together...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join