It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NRA gun case appeal heads to high court

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   

NRA gun case appeal heads to high court

www.usatoday.com

The National Rifle Association has appealed a ruling from a U.S. appeals court in Chicago that said the right to bear arms cannot be invoked by gun owners challenging state and local firearm regulations. It said the high court's groundbreaking decision last term in a case from Washington, D.C., allows the Second Amendment to cover only regulations by the federal government — at least until the high court weighs in again.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Here we go again. The gun-grabbers in Chicago have claimed that gun owners cannot invoke the Second Amendment to challenge state, and local firearm regulation, and for some irational reason the court in Chicago agreed with the gun-grabbers, perhaps it has something to do with there being gun-grabbers appointed to the courts in such states.

It is irational for any state to claim they don't have to abide by the Second Amendment...heck, I guess they don't have to abide by the Constitution of the UNITED STATES which includes the Bill of Rights.

It is just mind-boggling to see the excuses that the gun-grabbers keep making trying to take away our rights, including our right to own, and bear arms.

www.usatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 8-6-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Gosh, I was taught that the Constitution and bill of rights were the supreme law of the land. I guess the state of Ill. never ratified the Constitution. My home state ratified the Constitution and adopted the bill of rights into our state Constitution.
If the Supreme court rules the States can usurp the Constitution, it will open up a great can of worms for sure!

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

Current Legal status of the US Constitution is SUPREME LAW OF THE LAND, covering every citizen, and court. Every officer of the peace, all states and their government unless it is tenth amendment and other states rights clauses that may be relevant.

Illinois government at all levels is corrupt anyway. I'm surprised they've even heard of the Constitution there.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
If Chicago tried to enact a ban on the freedom of religion, another violation of the Bill of Rights, it wouldn't have 5 seconds of life.

Apparently the Second Amendment does not have the same "privileges" in spite of being part of the supreme law of the land.

Also, where is the ACLU on this one, firearms ownership is a civil liberty last time I checked.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   

The ACLU is currently pushing for legal gay marriage in states where the citizens voted against it.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happyfeet

The ACLU is currently pushing for legal gay marriage in states where the citizens voted against it.

Strange how they don't support an issue where it's something that people actually WANT.

The ACLU and it's followers are a joke.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Please remain on topic, if you have a complaint (we see it) then await the decision on that.

Or use the ATS Issues thread.

Thanks,

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Gosh, I was taught that the Constitution and bill of rights were the supreme law of the land. I guess the state of Ill. never ratified the Constitution. My home state ratified the Constitution and adopted the bill of rights into our state Constitution.
If the Supreme court rules the States can usurp the Constitution, it will open up a great can of worms for sure!

Agreed. Because of this very issue, this case is an almost guaranteed victory for the 2nd amendment!

new topics

top topics

join